NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CCFan does it again

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCFan does it again
    Posted: June-29-2012 at 4:36pm
Well, I can now officially say this 1972 Ski Nautique National Towboat is in the possession of CCFan's.

Tim Benjamin came across this last week and chased it down knowing I wouldn't pass it up. My brother who I see once a year just happened to be in town this past week so Tim handled all the negotiations, logistics and selling point on my behalf, not to mention driving 355 miles each way!

I owe a huge 'Thank You' to Tim for making this one a reality. I'm sure he will update us with pictures and maybe even a video when it arrives in Goshen and goes for a test ride.

And as always, thanks to Keith for bringing all us CCFan's together!

cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 4:49pm
Nice boat!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

NTTB
National Tube Tow Boat
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 5:01pm
*Tube not included

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 5:05pm
Chris, no thanks necessary, happy to assist. You've done the same for me in the past! Besides, the few months the boat will spend in CT before you pick it up are more than worth this little excursion. ;)

This trip was a bit of a whirlwind and I didn't even touch base with our Maine buddies to let them know I was passing through- as the original plan had the seller meeting me down in MA. Glad to have this deal locked up though!

Hopefully all our paths will cross in aug- which reminds me that I need to start a thread for the planned CT mini.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 5:09pm
Nice Chris!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 5:13pm
August is a go for us as we'll be in Indianapolis. Now the question is if we bring 2 vehicles so we can still have the "battle of the 78's" or just one and play with the 72 all weekend?

Another shot as Tim is making his way back home.

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 5:33pm
That is AWESOME! Nice job guys. I actually sense that you did Tim a favor by creating another adventure to embark on. Hopefully I can make it up there in August to have some fun with you guys.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 6:01pm
What's the history on this boat? Graphics like that from the factory for national competition stuff? I might have heard of it before or others like it but was just curious as to the real story...

Looks awesome either way, minus the tube.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 6:03pm
Glad to see a special CC land into the hands of a fan. Any history on the boat? Years back I used to pass by one on Rt 125 in NH.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 9:55pm
Mike, it's commonly referred to as a 72 Promo. To my knowledge, this was a Promotional boat for CC and was badged as a 'National Tow Boat'. I think there were only 2 color options for that year, a ehite hull white red/blue graphics (like Steve Workman's recently new boat) and the Orange with black letters and yellow interior.

The owner told me this boat was owned by the same guy up until 5 years ago when it was purchased by a lady who lived on his lake. Some time before it was sold, the original owner did a 'restoration' which consisted of what looks like new seat skins and Tim is telling me, someone got rid of the foam in the boat. It does have a running 318 Chrysler which I'm sure Tim will enjoy tinkering with and reporting back with some performance numbers. Stringers seem to be solid, but I'll let Tim comment more on the condition as I won't be able to put eyes on the boat until August.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2012 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

minus the tube.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 12:36am
Very Awesome !!
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 2:05am
     Cool boat!! Reminds me of my first.....a '71 green with white scrip style lettering. It was also a promo boat and back in the day the tournament season ended with the nationals....often at Myers Lake in Canton, Ohio. Went there to purchase a Ski Nautique and there were five available....all for the same price of $4200.00! Walked the dock and picked out the one with the lowest hours/least scratches and took it home!! And there-in began a lifetime with these great boats.
     Will be exciting to watch this treasure come back to life!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 9:56am
At least the tube matches the rear seat.

Congrats on the purchase! That will be a fun project but from the looks and description you could run it this summer as is and work on it over the winter. Really neat looking boat with some history to it!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 11:11am
No speedo on the dog box?
Tim D
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 11:24am
Wow, that's going to be gorgeous when it's shined up.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 11:35am
I'm sure there was a 3rd speedo at one point... There are holes in the transom for a 3rd pitot.

Not sure about your deduction on the other colors Chris... Colored hulls and decks were available thru '73 as far as I can tell.

It seems the early 70's promo boats went from dark green (Martinique windshield, script lettering) to yellow (as seen in the '72 brochure) to orange like this one. Tho is certainly the most attention grabbing with the bold graphics and (originally) yellow interior!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2012 at 1:39pm
Nice find. Hope to see it in August
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 1:34am
     i agree with Tim....I'm sure there was a 3rd speedo in the beginning and I'm sure the motor box/doghouse was not covered originally also. The speedo was probably eliminated when the interior was redone. I always liked that 3rd one....I mean if two are good, then three must be even better!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 7:44am
That is a cool boat Chris!
Cool to read of CCFans helping each other out... Nice job Tim!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 7:57pm
Looks like a great boat. Tim, you must have been getting nervous about losing it to run right up there.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 8:03pm
Ha, you got that right, Bruce. The seller got all sorts of squirrely and wishy washy on us... had to make things really easy for him!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 5:59pm
Tim sent this to me last night. Thought everyone here would enjoy seeing it as well.   

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 7:37am
Niiiiice picture!
Makes me wanna be there...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic