NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dropped it in the lake..

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dropped it in the lake..
    Posted: July-03-2012 at 1:24am
so..I was getting the boom set up to pull Eddie..I still ain't skiing..and I dropped my cell phone in the water. Grabbed it right up but was to late. Went to the Verizon store..how was I supposed to know you could 'back-up' all your numbers? So...I need you guys to call me so I can get you all back in my phone. Or text...I now know how to save them too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 2:06am
John, If it ever happens again, don't try to turn it on, remove the battery,dry it off and put it in a zip lock or tupperware of uncooked dry white rice for at least 24 hours. The rice sucks out the moisture and sometimes they come back enough to get the information or even still use. My son had an LG lotus spend 10 hours in 2 feet of water. He found it in the morning and followed the above instructions. 2 days later it came back and everything but the vibrate worked for 3 more months till he was due for an upgrade. The ipod that he dropped at the same time and immediately removed and dried was toast however.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 2:33am
Dave, Good advice my daughter flooded her bathroom and her cell phone was on the ground. It was under water. Did the rice trick. 2 months later her phone is still working fine. I was shocked.

Waldo
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 9:35am
+32476followedby259477

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:30am
Oh Kristof you have just been signed up to every piece of txt spam out there...expect to start receiving txt messages very soon

Might be worth editing that post!
(I'm guessing that is actually a real number or somebody you don't like)
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 12:15pm
My daughter is deaf and hears with a cochlear implant. She dropped the external piece in the toilet once and it was probably a half hour till we found it. She has a dry out box that she puts it in nightly. We took it all apart and let it run for a few cycles in the dry box. Still going strong and its been at least a year.

David
86 Martinique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 7:43am
Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

Oh Kristof you have just been signed up to every piece of txt spam out there...expect to start receiving txt messages very soon

Might be worth editing that post!
(I'm guessing that is actually a real number or somebody you don't like)

No problems whatsoever, but I'll edit it a little...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 10:25am
How come your not skiin'?
bj
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 3:01am
had me a little backerds crash on june 2nd and have been slow to recover.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 10:16am
John,
I havent footed in 25 years. I would like to but I can not afford the possible injury. I have been slicing at the course lately and it is my favorite anyway. Speedy recovery
bj
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 1:39am
actually gave my slalom ski..HO Phantom to Eddie. Makes my back hurt getting up on it. The hard part has been the 'slow to recover'...can't understand why I ain't feelin' better..quicker. Of course Patti has been reminding me why. Something to do with 61 not 41. Been seeing a good Physical Therapist and she has me feeling much better. Looks like I am gonna ski in Tennessee after all.

Sure wish more of you guys would call me...HW..quinner..Randy-in-Ohio...c'mon help me out here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 7:27am
I have used one of these for several years and found that they really help to speed up the healing process and bring back mobility where there are strains or muscles becoming stiff. The website looks pretty old but it works.

http://www.novasonic-therapy.co.uk/works.php

I'm not suggesting in any way that they are a replacement for going to see a qualified professional but it helps with the comfort level when things start to seize up and gets mobility back quickly.

Maybe worth a try.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 1:27pm
Phone......BR-549
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2012 at 10:13pm
867-5309.

I'll give you a call right now!
Jenny.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Phone......BR-549

76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 1:15am
I tried that number but couldn't get Tom...

john

P.S. to R-I-O; I found where you sent me a voice mail..will call.
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 1:19am
Sorry Jbear couldn't resist,,,,you and I are of an age we know where it came from.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 1:25am
LOL kytom!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic