Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

engine mounts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine mounts
    Posted: April-02-2004 at 10:37am
Do engine mounts wear out? The engine is out & it would be a good time to replace them.Thirty year old rubber must harden up.They are $500 though.I'm sure alignment would be way easier w/ new ones.What do you think?
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 12:40pm
you can purchase individual parts from skidim. visually inspect the rubber. if they haven't had oil on them they should be okay. (daylight and ozone kill natural rubber).

if they are not siezed, i see no point in buying new ones.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 1:55pm
You might want to check ebay. I saw a post recently for engine mounts if you really want to change them, but like Tom said you really only have to worry about the rubber portion and you can get them from skidim.com.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 10:52pm
What year is your boat?

79Nautique is right about them being on E-Bay right now!

I was bidding on them since they do come in handy on my old boats, but I'll stop and let you take them....they're a lot less than $500.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
boatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 12:45am
Thanks for your replies. I couldn't find them on ebay but I'll try harder to derust them and find new rubbers. The boat is a 75 Tobago with a 318.
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 4:52am
check e-bay under "ski nautique".

They look about right for your year.

Good Luck.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
boatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 10:52am
Thanks, 64 Skier. I found them and made a bid. You're right about alot less than $500!
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 4:13pm
make sure they will work with your walter p product. those are ford on esmay.
boatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 5:13pm
tryan, They look close or better. They have the round arms sticking out towards the motor which mine has. My front mounts were up on blocks on top of the stringer and it looked like a shaky operation. Anything that's close will be better. At the very least, I could probably use the rubbers.
tstafford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2004 at 12:10pm
The rubber on my 68 Mustang 289 Interceptor mounts looks to be worn.
Can new parts be found for these old mounts?
Trevor 1968 Mustang
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2004 at 6:28pm
you could flip them over. You might try the thompson registry for bushing manufacturers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic