NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 Ski nautique update

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 6:40am
If built in 83 it would be a tique...if before 82 it would be a nautique...both the SN and the tique got bigger about then!I think in 1982 is when the tique became 17'9" and the Nautique a shade under 19'. Proir to that the tique was a little under 17' and the SN was a little under 18'.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 1:42pm
Yeah, it's not a 2001 series. The backend of your boat is flat. If you look at the backend view of 2001, the 2001 has a "V" right at the bottom and runs the line of the boat. I would have to say older than 83'
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 2:00pm
It's been said in this thread many times, but I think people aren't getting it.

It IS an '83 it's just not a Nautique...it's a Tique.

When the 2001 Hull came out in '82 The previous Nautique hull was badged the Tique.

In otherwords '76-'81 Ski Nautique = '82-'83 Ski Tique.
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 2:29pm
The only way to tell what year it is, if my theory holds up, would be to measure the how far apart the lifting rings are.

If you look at the manuals published here, each year for the "ski Tique" has different lifting ring locations and the exact measurements.

In 1976, lifting rings are 13' 11"
1979, lifting rings are at 14" 1"
1982 lifting rings are at 15'6

See the pattern. So if you want to get technical, they are not all the same. Probably the some underlying hull, but not the tops. And to go even farther that the "ski Tique" is different through the years, the beams are all different. Where as the 2001 beams stay consistant at 84" from 83-89.

So long story short, measure the lifting rings how far apart they, it should tell you what year it is if the HullID is off for some reason.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 5:39pm
[QUOTE=AWhite70] It's been said in this thread many times, but I think people aren't getting it.

I think ...he's not sure of the year...assumed it is an 83.
It either is an 81 nautique or 82,83 or 84 ski tique.The hull size would be the same on either.The chines difference and with a flat hull in the back , means it would not be older than 81.The fact that it had SN decals and is a 17'9" hull and has the stern configuratiion that it does....would make me think it is an 83 SN.
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 5:40pm
OOPs...I mean't 1981 Ski Nautique (not 83)
stang

The Super Air

tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 8:51pm
You are right. If it's 17'9, its got to be in the 80's.
80 lifting ring 14'1
82 lifting ring 15'6

It's not an 80' because the the length is wrong.

Since we don't have a reference for 83' it could be either 81, 82, 83'. All depends on the lifting rings I assume.

Fun stuff!   I'm not hear to to poke at anyone. Just fun to research our favorite boats!

cheers!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 10:10pm
Has to be an 81 or up....stern is flat with the chines that taper in....81,that's the first year they changed the stern configuration   and the last year the SN was 17-9 in length...and we know it's not a 2001 model.
Because it had factory decals that were SN...that type of stern and was 17-9...I think it's an 81 SN!
stang

The Super Air

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 6:23am
Andrew, Next time you look at that boat could you get the S/N off the stern so we can put some closure to this.   The suspence is killing me. Lot of opinions out there and mine says 82/83 Ski Tique. I don't think those chine cuts are pre 82 unless this was something CC was doing as a test situation before the release of the new 2001 hulls.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 8:44am
Yes...please look for the s/n.

81....I thought the same until I read "the difference between an 81 and 82" sOn the first page of this post...jameski posted a link to a post that talks about an 81 withe the cut out chine. Interesting is'nt it!
stang

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 9:24am
Hard to believe this simple little post led to
40 posts We are an obsessed group to be sure.

I want to go back to the beginning. Nice looking boat Andrew.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 9:32am
and measure the lifting rings how far apart they are!

And yes, awesome looking boat.     Hey speaking of 84 2001's... there is a guy around here selling an 84' for $3k!!! anyone need an extra nautique in their garage?!! wish I had the room!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 9:44am
Stang,
I hadn't read that post until now so here's my new take on it.   Could it be a midyear transistion from one model to the next. I know in the RV industry there are many half year models. I personnally own a 1990.5 Fleetwood Bounder and they made two versions of it that year, one had the old slant nose and my later model has a bus type nose even thought they were made in the same year.

It's very possible there are early 81s and late year 81s. I'm not gonna ramble on about this anymore until we see some serial numbers because I'm just speculating but it has been an interesting topic.

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 10:54am
Yeah...I'm thinking transition too... maybe.

Andrew...great job on the restoration!
stang

The Super Air

jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 11:40am
I've been a CCFan for a while now, and the more I learn about them, the more I realize you CAN'T look at a boat and tell exactly what "year model" it is. Actually, I think "year model" means a whole lot more in the automotive industry than in the boating industry. Correct Craft used the same hull-molds for many years and their were many options that could change for any particular boat. I believe the Hull ID number is the only sure way to find out the date a boat was molded... but that really doesn't definitively tell you much about the way it originally looked.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 11:45am
Fun thread. I've enjoyed reading everyones opinions on the year and have been impressed with some peoples' knowledge of the boat histories and such details as chine lines. I really have nothing to add except my $0.02. I had a similar issue when I bought my Ski Tique. Seller and Registration said 75, t*tle said 76. Checked brochures and there was no 75. Saw posts here talking about the info in the HINs. Looked at mine. xxxxxxxxM75E 16ST76. OK, it says 75 and 76. Still not sure. BKH once again came to the rescue with this link:

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html

which he summarized well above. The reference does not explain the 16ST76 though. Bottom line, my boat was built in December (E) 1975 and is a 16 foot Ski Tique, 1976 model year (16ST76) (I am guessing the 16 corresponds to the length, but one respondent to my post earlier this year suggested that and it sounded good to me) (also, apparently the newer boats (post early 80s) do not have that 6 digit suffix to the HIN) So Andrew, as many above have already stated, the answer lies in your HIN. Good job with the boat and let us know the answer to the mystery after you check it out. Interesting piece of trivia above about how the old Nautique hull became the last iteration of the enlarged Tique. I did not know that.
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 4:14pm
Here is a picture of 1980 I found on iboats.com

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/view_photos.cgi?ad_id=78780&img=7&count=1

ok, so we have 4 days to figure this out. hhahaha..

fun stuff. happy turkey day.
Andrew McBride View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2005 at 10:08pm
Guys I appreciate all the feedback. After going home this past weekend I found out that the last two digits on the serial say "ST"
I do agree that the boat is a ski tique. There had to have been a mess up from the factory due to the original sprayed on graphics were on the boat, and they read Ski-Nautique all over the side. I didn't get a chance to get the interior pictures, but I will be back home in a couple of weeks and will be sure to get some posted!
Andrew McBride
83' Ski Nautique
"Under Construction"
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2005 at 10:14pm
I still think you should measure between the lifting rings to see how far apart they are. It will at least narrow down some items of guessing!

Interesting find though!

sweet boat as always!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic