NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classic owners Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classic owners Reunion
    Posted: November-11-2005 at 2:37pm
Wandering if anyone would want to have a little get together this summer in the area of Mo. Ks. Il. or Mn. areas? My name is paul waters & I live in kansas city, Gary Hein/AKA STANG72 (proud new owner of a 62 classic) and myself Were thinking of trying out the possibility of doing this this summer?

Let me know what you all think.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 3:47pm
We may be interested depending on what weekend it falls on. We do a lot of camping in the summer and we book most of our campgrounds early in the year. We're 50 miles west of chicago. Travel is no problem as we tow our boat with a 31 foot motorhome where ever we go.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 6:50pm
Well, I live in CA and don't have a classic boat, but if you guys put this together, I'd give serious consideration to flying in. Great group of people here, and I'd like to meet some of you. And, of course, love these boats.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2005 at 9:49pm
I too would love to meet some of the great people on this awesome site we enjoy so much. Maybe we could tie something into the Reunions. I ran into the famous ReidP in Orlandos reunion. Haven't seen much from him or J_I_H for awhile
BKH: if you are making plane reservations, don't forget; you've got a standing invite here for the Orlando Reunion...john                            
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 6:03pm
This could be a lot of fun....we should pick a centrally located lake....get some info together....body count etc.I too would like to meet the members on this way cool site.

BKH...If you were flying in...I would give serious consideration to towing a second boat for you!

We have all winter to plan...suggestions for lakes? Lets do get this thing on!

The Lake...Brewski...you guys are in Missouri right? Sound fun?

Mojo...near chicago is about to score a Nuatique I believe...I know you'd be in! Good luck man! Hope to see you in the diaries soon!

Paul...heres a wild thought...if we are close enough to you stompin grounds...is there a chance your band could book a gig near by ?

Look forward to hearing from anyone who would like to do this
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 7:21pm
Don't exactly have a classic...97 SNOB. But I did grow up around the "2001"s and a couple Mustangs. My brother and I still have my dads 71 Martinique...Holman Moody with a Holley 4 barrell. Rebuilding the engine this winter. I would be very interested if you don't mind having a newer boat there. I live in South Bend, which is in north central Indiana (where Notre Dame is located) I'd love to bring them both, but I don't think the trailer that the Martinique is on would make it. It's pretty rough
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2005 at 9:16pm
Classics are incouraged...members are incouraged...please come! Your 97 is welcome...someday it will be a classic! Now if that 71 martinique some how showed up..that would be a bonus
stang

The Super Air

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 6:27am
Hell Yes!! The more the better! Mustangs, martiniques,classics, ect. ect. Especially you SS mustang/barracuda guys, I'd love to drive or ride in one!!Hopefully we can find a great place to all meet before summer so that minimum drive for all can be achieved. For a get together like this i think a little get away from the normal home lakes would be great! and meeting all the awesome people from this site! Hey gary we need to brainstorm for places....( And all input from you guys would be great) How is that classic comming along? Shoot me an e-mail budy.

Paul,   P.S. I need a new trailer for my classic if you guys no where i can find one to make this trip more dependable.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 9:04am
I'll throw out the first site suggestion although it may not work for everyone it's all I can come up with here in my area.

I suggest the Illinois River in the Ottowa Illinois Area. Put in point could be Starved Rock State Park. They have a nice ramp and we could Probably reserve a picnik/ cookout area for during the day.

Starved Rock State Park

There is camping within 10 minutes of the park and several hotels nearby.

The River runs south of the put in all the way down to Peoria (60+ Miles)without having to go through any locks. It can get pretty busy on a summer weekend though but that may be a problem anywhere. There are some good skiing spots along the way or miles of good cruising.

Excellent hiking if some of the family wants to venture out away from the water.

Most of my boating has been North of the park and it's pretty nice but you have to go through a lock to get there, if anyone runs the southern part of the river and has input please speak up.

This may be further north than you guys were thinking buts it's all I know, any further south is unexplorered wilderness for me but I'm game for that too.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 10:51am
Lets start a list and any suggestion can be added... then narrow it down...I will add a couple...add some notes with each suggestion...the pros and the cons!

1.Straved rock (illinois river)see last post.
2.Kentucky lake (not too busy,huge & plenty of camping and lodging and slips...could be a hall for you guys north (5 hours from central IL...7hrs from KC).
3.Mark Twain lake (good central location...low traffic...good size lake)
4) Table Rock or Bull shoals....a bit far for some perhaps...I hear the water is clear for 30 feet!
5.Lake shelbyville (Central IL...nice lake...good size...High big boat traffic though)
6.Lake of the Ozarks....Again high traffic with lots of large boats...Ideal spot in every other aspect...are there areas on the lake that are away from the traffic?)

Just a few places to get us started thinking!If anyone can give input on the lakes mentioned or others (even if you can't make it)...it will help.
stang

The Super Air

convo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote convo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 12:29pm
I would also be interested in attending - depending on the weekend and how far away for me. I will keep track of the plans and see what I can do once the time gets near.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 12:38pm
Paul, sounds great, I'm in the KC area, let me know if your plans go forward.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 2:19pm
Stang 72,
Hell yes, we could hook up the band and have a hell of a reunion as long as it wasnt to far for the guys in my band? WWW.teacherzpet.net Check out our web. site. The only expenses when it comes to the band would be the expense of our sound production ($200.00)that we hire for all our Gigs and a little gas money for the other guys,(the other 3 guys in the band)Maybee we could pass a hat just to cover some of that stuff? I would donate my time of course! If this sounds like to much just let me know ? OH Yea its all starting to look better all the time!! What do you all think
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 6:01pm
Madison Wisconsin.Great area with lots to do.2 lakes connected by a channel and state parks all around.I am in if it is nearby.Sold my 79 and am in search of a 80.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 6:03pm
The best and worst part of the annual CC reunions is getting to see all the boats together, but not in the water. I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea! Think of that awesome roar of a whole group of CC's cruising in one big pack!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 6:37pm
67Nauti, great idea! I do hope it will come together. I would also like to suggest a couple sites.

The Chain of Lakes and Fox River in Northern Illinois.
Chain of Lakes State Park
On the upside:
Camping, lodging, food, beverage, sights, large body of water, tons of marinas, restaurants and bars, great place to see and be seen, Blarneys Island (lots of boat parking, maybe arange reserved parking for group?), Sand bars, generally fun place to boat.
On the downside:
Not the clearest water, heavy traffic, skiing only good in early AM.

lake Geneva, WI:
On the Upside:
beautiful large lake, clean water, surrounded by beautiful homes
On the Downside:
No camping on the lake, heavy traffic, skiing

Good luck working all out.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 11:06am
Thanks all...for the suggestions and keep um comming!Some good options!
There certainly appears to be many who want to see this happen...I'm am getting some emails too! I think that once we have a good idea how many and where people will be comming from...we can see what location works best for the majority of people!
Once a location and date are set , I would be more that happy to put the wife on an information package mission...lodging,camping,docking...area activities etc.

Paul...can you rebuild your old trailer...sand blast and paint? They often times look worse than they really are! When ya gonna post that picture!(you know which one)

Congrats to ReidP...he scored another! I'm sure soon we will see another diary addition! Soon he'll be more famous than the Beatles!
stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 12:24pm
GOOSE BUMPS!!!!!! Just.....thinkin of all those cc,s running in the water at one time!!!!!

Anywhere in IL /southern Wisconsin area would be good for me. I would suggest trying to stay out of "heavy-traffic" areas tho.....just not much fun ...Ive seen 2-3 foot continous wakes/swells on the fox river...also not sure about "user permits" there?

If a location works,...Count me and the 64 American Skier in!!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 1:09pm
Stang... You're right, I'm close and counting the hours !!

Here's my 2 cents.. I've boated all these bodies of water mentioned so far, for the exception of the Ozarks. Mid summer is definitly busy on most of these lakes mid day (the time, we all head off and wait for flatter water).

We own property on Green Lake in Central Wisc. It's the deepest lake in WI and in my opinion is never busy.. There are plenty of hotels, campgrounds, eating establishments, and taverns.They even have a bandshell just off our town's marian launch in the park. We moor a larger boat at the marina there and know the owners very well. They host other boating events as well does the local on water supper club. There are woden classics abound on this lake for everyone to awe over..

If there is a concensous to have me look into this further, I could arrange a show of boats at any one of the local (on water) locations, I also know several owners of bed and breakfast hotels in the area to help out with accommodations..

Green Lake is about 3-3-1/2 hours from O'Hare airport,and is just out of reach from the Weekend warriors of Chicag.. Just a thought if anyone would like a taste of prestine Northern lake boating, I would be happy to assist everyone and make some calls... The time is now, hotels book up before you know it..

I'm certainly open to anything, and there are great suggestions here.

Dave, AKA Moj'

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

GOOSE BUMPS!!!!!! Just.....thinkin of all those cc,s running in the water at one time!!!!!

Anywhere in IL /southern Wisconsin area would be good for me. I would suggest trying to stay out of "heavy-traffic" areas tho.....just not much fun ...Ive seen 2-3 foot continous wakes/swells on the fox river...also not sure about "user permits" there?

If a location works,...Count me and the 64 American Skier in!!!!!!

Yes 62Wood,
Everyone boating the Chain must register, pay and display a sticker on the windshield.. I believe the fine is up to $75 bucks...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 1:30pm
Mojo, I'm lucky we didn't get nabbed on the chain for no sticker. We went there once this summer to check it out and I'll never go back. That was just way too busy for me, It was so rough I never even opened the boat up once. It's probably a great place to live on if you can get out either early or late in the day but it's no place for me on a sunday afternoon.

I picked up a travel guide last time we were in Wisc. and Green lake looks pretty darn nice. It's on our list of places to check out over the winter for camping/boating this summer.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 2:18pm
Alan,
Growing up, we boated/ski'd there.. It was nicknamed "Death" lake, due to the drunk boating accidents each summer.. After pulling up to the ramp one day, seeing a boat separated in half and two white sheets across an adult and a child, my parents never took us back... Yes, very busy. The sticker is a rip off too !!!

Check out Green Lake this summer, you won't regret it..Largest, unused lake you'll boat on...

Moj'
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2005 at 8:00pm
I'm a newbie on the site and think this sounds like a geat idea. My buddies and I went on a trip to Lake Delhi In northeastern Iowa this summer and there was literally no one on that lake and its always glass!! It was great for camping and skiing but not much for hotels and resturants. We own an baby blue and white 88' 2001(Owned a green 74 skier before) and I always wanted to attend the CC reunions. You wouldnt be opposed to a newbie father and sons comming, would ya?
mars
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 10:50am
The more the better!!! A giant fleet of CC 's invading some unexpecting lake!!!
We could be like the hells angles only on water.... Leather speedos and all!
That might get Jim up here... and he could finish his story arround the campfire
stang

The Super Air

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 11:03am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

.... Leather speedos and all!

maybe you should have the reunion in San Fran
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 4:14pm
Well... clamp clothes pins on my nipples on a chilly day! San Fran...no thanks

Now the speedo thing was a joke for Jim-In-Houston...see his post ...The story about his Chocolate Bay thing....then you'll get itJim never claimed to have worn pink speedos...we just made that part up.But he could have...who knows for sure???
Jim...how about comming to the reunion??? and when ya going to finish the story!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 4:45pm
Now here I was thinking maybe I should fly back and meet you all, and then you up and start insulting my home town

BTW - temperature in San Francisco reached
80 degrees today.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 5:16pm
ooops....sorry man

In the 20's here...makes us look kinda stupid!

I do hope ya come!
stang

The Super Air

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

BTW - temperature in San Francisco reached
80 degrees today.

BKH

Sounds like a perfect day to break out the leather speedos w/ Stang!!

(don't get your speedos in a wad, I'm just joking around)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2005 at 6:29pm
My wife has a strict NO Banana hammock rule.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic