NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Carburetor Tool and Fixed Fuel Line Leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool Carburetor Tool and Fixed Fuel Line Leak
    Posted: July-24-2012 at 1:12am
Hi All,

I found this tool online:
Rochester Carburetor Wrench

The link changed, this should be the same thing here:
http://www.mactools.com/en-us/Wrenches/Open-End-and-Angle-Wrenches/DA32/SAE-Angle-Wrench-1

It's advertised as being for Rochester Carburetors, but it had two 1" ends at different angles. I found it very useful for the fuel bowl to line adapter fitting on my Holley. I was having a hard time finding a 6 point, 1" line (flare) wrench. I figured the 4 points would be close enough, and it was. It gives good maneuverability too.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 1:17am
A small wet spot turned into this:
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 1:30am
Before it started leaking badly, it was tough to see where it was coming from. So, it was almost good that it got worse.

I was able to use the carb wrench and a couple other tools, to remove the adapter fitting, replace the gasket, and tighten it down good. It stopped leaking.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 8:29am
Brian,
Nice write up!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2019 at 9:17pm
is there a gasket between the line flare and the fuel bowl adapter? Or is the gasket between the adapter and the housing?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

is there a gasket between the line flare and the fuel bowl adapter? Or is the gasket between the adapter and the housing?

Same answer as your other post
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic