Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parts and supplies.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
83Southwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83Southwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts and supplies.
    Posted: November-13-2005 at 7:01am
This next season I plan to take your advice and begin to do maintenance myself on my 83 Southwind. Where do folks in the central Kentucky area get supplies....filters, plug wires, distributor caps, etc?

For a project such as changing the fuel filter set to a spin on I would like some suggestions on whether or not to do this and if so can a non skilled mechanic, such as my-self do this safely?

Thanks, Wick
Wick
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 8:45am
83...now your talkin!
When I was growing up...I never took an interest in the mechanics part of boating...my dad did it all! I did not know anything about boating other than driving...A few years ago , I decided to learn to do stuff myself...glad I did...I really enjoy it! Just went though our first engine rebuild... pulling the engine and removing parts was a huge learning curve! I hope it turns out that you find it more of an enjoyment rather that a task!!!
Parts...check the links here "skidim" . Most of what you need they will have...use your 10% member discount too!They do a great job when it comes to helping get the RIGHT part! Ask for Vince.
The spin on filter...not hard to do. Those are usually mounted to the stringer and go before the fuel pump. If you use one , make sure you remove the filter you now have in line. You want only one.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

83Southwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83Southwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2005 at 5:18pm
Thanks for the reply! Being in my mid-fifties I will need all the advice and help I can get from fellow members.

Wick
Wick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic