NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CCF FAQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2015 at 12:40pm
Kevin,
We're going to need an index to the FAQ thread! Then we'll ask Keith to insert it as the first post.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 5:24pm
Pete - what do you mean by an index? -Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2015 at 1:52am
Added a link about bearings for trailers.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2015 at 11:29am
Can I nominate the one time I was helpful to the site?

Strut bushing insertion tool

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5931
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2015 at 3:22pm
Done Rain Dog. Good addition.

I've been thinking about organizing this FAQ in some way, but it would be a ton of work. I'd like to create "sections" so it is easy for people to search. One section on Structure (stringer, gel coat work), another on Engines, one on regular Maintenance, one on Other stuff. I'm not sure how to do that without tearing down the FAQ and building it back up from scratch. Any thoughts or helpful advice?
Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2015 at 2:00pm
I use benzworld.org for my older car just like one might use CCF.

They have forums organized with "sticky" threads about procedures broken down by makes, models, and years. It's obviously way more detailed than what we need but it gives you lots of ideas for structure.

Suggestion for dealing with logistics of building new threads would be leave current as is for now…… just construct new thread offline when finished just replace old with new.

Hope it helps

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 10:33pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2015 at 2:07pm
Added, Pete. That is very good stuff to understand how you can easily over-fill your engine with oil!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2016 at 8:15am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2016 at 5:21pm
Added in the second grouping next to another shifter thread.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2016 at 11:55am
Tim's great illustration of engine and prop rotation:
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2016 at 2:01pm
      For the twin engine fans.

KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2016 at 1:02am
Added the alignment how-to video. Not sure how / if to paste these pictures about engine rotation into the FAQ up front?
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 6:09pm
Hey - How did the FAQ become un-pinned?

KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2016 at 1:21am
Added a link to the great write up about shaft straightening, bearing installation and packing too. All with beautiful photographs. A true FAQ gem.
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2020 at 11:55am
Great work Kevin. The first video of Pete is a classic and helped me a lot!
80NautiqueNC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80NautiqueNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 10:33am
Longtime reader here, first time posting. I've got a 1980SN that's got heavy oxidation. The stripping and lettering down the sides of the boat are 'raised' in the sense that I can run my hand over them and it isn't completely smooth. If I wet sand, do I run the risk of removing/damaging the SN lettering? Or is the wet sanding light enough that it will not do harm? 
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by 80NautiqueNC 80NautiqueNC wrote:

Longtime reader here, first time posting. I've got a 1980SN that's got heavy oxidation. The stripping and lettering down the sides of the boat are 'raised' in the sense that I can run my hand over them and it isn't completely smooth. If I wet sand, do I run the risk of removing/damaging the SN lettering? Or is the wet sanding light enough that it will not do harm? 

Matt,
First, welcome to CCfan. Great to always get new members. Pictures are also welcomed.

Before you do anything, undersatnde the hull side graphics are paint so chanches are very good they will not make it through a wet sanding and buff. Get a full size tracing of the graphics so a sign shop can scan the tracing and make a paint mask then you will be ready for new paint.  

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80NautiqueNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 11:25am
Thanks for the feedback and glad I didn't start the sanding. I've added pictures of the boat. When you say 'paint mask' can you elaborate? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80NautiqueNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 11:27am
apologies that those are so large...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2020 at 12:02pm
Matt,
Some call the paint mask stencils. The sign shop will scan your tracing, clean it up on their computer and then cut the mask out of a special vinyl. It's the "negative" of how they would cut out say a letter. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic