Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SJRR 2013
    Posted: September-05-2012 at 11:59am
Is there going to be one and what are the dates?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Is there going to be one and what are the dates?

Is there going to be one--- I say rather sarcastically

Well of course! Late March-- Details will follow I'm sure
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 12:15pm
Riley,

I believe it will be the same weekend as last year. Many of the folks that attended went ahead and booked the cabins for next year while they were at the event this year.

Donald
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 2:17pm
I was wondering who was gonna fire the first shot on this and never woulda thought it was gonna be you Bruce. I had my $$$ on Sweet!

Mark it on your calendar for March 22-24 but MANY will be there starting the 21st (or earlier) and leave on 25th. Many lessons have been learned by not getting there early enough and leaving too soon. I for one will leave early Thursday morning and come back Mon. Trust me on this one, and I have PLENTY of regular SJRR attendees to back me up on it. You won't regret it!

I imagine it will be very much like last years River Run with the only planned events are a Fri Night catered dinner at Parramores, a River Run south to Hontoon Island, and the cookout on Saturday with ALL attendees contributing something to feed the small army of CCFans in attendance. Another visit from Mr. Ralph I'm sure but anything else is up to those there. Skiing, boating, trip to the Sunnyland Boat show, Monkey Run,runs out to Lake George, The Silver Glen Springs, whatever Fans wanna do. In keeping with SJRR tradition

" The Plan is .......there is NO Plan"   well..... for the most part.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 4:33pm
Karen and I will try hard to exceed last years calender of events..This event has become "the CCFan gathering" thanks to all the fans that help us put this event at the top of the MUST DO EVENTS.
Mr. Ralph will speak again, always a treat.Special guests this year will be posted later, come early and plan to stay longer.........Billy/Karen
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 5:29pm
Can't wait, I won't feel so out of place this year, now that I'm bringing a "classic". Working diligently to get her up to snuff. This was Stacey and my favorite weekend getaway of 2012. We are in.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 6:27pm
I'll probably be there this year for the first time. Most likely bringing the '80.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2012 at 6:38pm
The river trip is great don't miss it my family and friends will be there this year Glad were talking about it Dave
bigwavedave
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2012 at 11:03am
Great to hear! I called Parramores last Friday and they had no info about it. I've never been to a reunion that I hadn't wished I arrived at sooner or left later.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2012 at 11:39am
Bruce, Parramores probably doesn't know much but if you ask them whats available that weekend your pickens will probably be slim. Laurie is usually in the know of what's going on and like Billy stated earlier; Details will be posted here within the next couple of months.
In my conversations with Bill Yeargin he said that he would like to be able to spend more time with the CCFans then just a Friday Night Dinner. Maybe we can get him to come up a little earlier and show us a wakeskate trick or to behind an old CC.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2012 at 12:12pm
Just booked Otter. Better hurry if you want accomodations at Parramore's. They only have 2 1-bedroom cabins left! (Beaver & Fox) Filling up fast. Guys, this is one you don't want to miss.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2012 at 12:14pm
They've still got quite a few cabins, (althoug only 2 1BRs), but they are filling up.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2012 at 12:23pm
I would call her back and confirm. Laurie is on vacation, can't remember who I just talked to but glad I called when I did. Billy & Karen stay in Alligator. Beaver Lodge is right next door and overlooks the river. Nice place with a big porch right over the water - we stayed in it last year but with a little one this year I don't think it will be ideal so we are staying off water.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2012 at 12:43pm
Seems like we have been here before....There is a few left, but they will sell out fast....Karen and I have reserved Alligator Ally again..The count down has began, we will arrive there on March 20...

These are available

9- 2 bedroom
1-3 bedroom
2-1 bedroom

Karen and I will try again this year to make this the best SJRR yet..........See ya there in March

Billy & Karen
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 2:42pm
I must have gotten the last single one then, don't have all the logistics worked out, but I'll be in the area the Sunday before with the the Excel. Probably going to send the family home on a plane and then fly them back Thursday for the weekend. Anyone flying let me know when and where and mabey we can share a ride.
newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 5:43pm
If i get the boat up to pair I want to come .... if not count me in on 2014.
1986sn 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 6:46pm
Please do not let anything get in your way for SJRR 2013. Plenty of boats to hitch a ride....
See ya in Astor in March   
Billy/Karen
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 7:19pm
Just reserved my cabin. I'll be staying from March 21st through 25th. See you guys then.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Just reserved my cabin. I'll be staying from March 21st through 25th. See you guys then.

Havent we had this discussion already? Joe?
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 8:52pm
Tim, Joe, ChrisM, are you guys going to stay at base camp this year or are you doing the house thing again?
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 9:46pm
Andrew, you've got all winter, that's enough time to rebuild the motor and put new stringers in, so not a valid excuse.
newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2012 at 10:01pm
I agree with all comments. I need to get my sh!t together and get my boat back to prime. See y'all in Florida. I'll have the Texas flag swimsuit on
1986sn 2001
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 12:12am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Havent we had this discussion already? Joe?

I know. It is nice to be able to escape back to the clean cozy cabin to snuggle with Don Tilley (and his dad). When are you guys planning on arriving? I haven't booked airfare yet, so I left the option open. I thought it would be better to go ahead and book a cabin just in case anyway. There are usually people looking at the last minute.

They're sure not cheap though.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 10:36am
I suppose I should come back down and look for those darn rental car keys.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 11:44pm
John,

You sure do kiss and tell. Hopefully, they will have a good a cold winter to kill all of the German Cock Roaches in that cabin.

I do think my dad ( 75) did find the Glenn Springs too shocking and I do not think he will be joining me for the 2013 run. He did not understand the music. He kept asking me, what is that. I kept telling him that is music. It was that electronic club dance music. He wanted Glenn Miller.

Donald
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 11:52pm
Donald, If ya cant run with the big dogs, Stay On The Porch.. Karen and I will have a rocking chair for you on the deck.....Billy
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Donald, If ya cant run with the big dogs, Stay On The Porch.. Karen and I will have a rocking chair for you on the deck.....Billy

Good Doctor,

The SHOT SKI does not scare me.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2012 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Good Doctor,

The SHOT SKI does not scare me.

Donald

That's only because I haven't been filling it.   

I'll bring something special to melt the varnish off that ski.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2012 at 9:50pm
Hey Donald! Bring the Old Man! My daughters thought he was "cute"? HaHa! I enjoyed talking to him.
Js
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

John,
I do think my dad ( 75) did find the Glenn Springs too shocking and I do not think he will be joining me for the 2013 run. He did not understand the music. He kept asking me, what is that. I kept telling him that is music. It was that electronic club dance music. He wanted Glenn Miller.

Donald

Don, see if he'll settle for Steve Miller and get him back down here.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 14>
  Share Topic