Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
P&S87SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&S87SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 12:59am
Hello all, got to say we had a blast! Thanks to the Smith Family for the clue on the coil swap out! What a great bunch of people ...we wll be there next year and hopefully our Florida sun will come for so real river fun. Joe C, thanks for the invite buddy.
Patrick & Stephanie
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 8:46am

Js
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 8:49am
Pictures guys... We who are freezing our nuts off need pictures!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 11:14am
Another great SJRR in the books... sitting here at work on a Tues morning and Im exhausted, sunburned, and my neck is killing me from the barefoot fall I took on Sat. Wouldnt have it any other way!

Many, MANY thanks to everyone who carted us around, gave us pulls and fed us this weekend, Sara and I had a blast!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Pictures guys... We who are freezing our nuts off need pictures!!

No kidding, Kristof, they are being mighty stingy with the pictures this year. I wonder if there is something they don't want us to know. No, that can't be it, that's usually the kind of stuff they want us to know first.

Tim, your status sounds a lot like my signature line. I entered that after spending last memorial day up at Brad's. He took me in for the day since I was an orphan with my boat and family down in NC while I was stuck (for 13 more days) up in MA.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 11:43am
We thought our camera quit at one point, so most are on our phones. Here's a few though...

And what a good time. Thanks out to everyone who made this happen. Billy and Karen look to have a system since I was down last; great job guys!

Oddly, I drove into snow flurries and had to winterize. That just didn't seem right after running the river a day before.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 11:58am
Got home around 6:30pm last night after logging 755 miles on the Durango and 81 miles running on the river in 'Miss Scarlett' I put what away what little I needed too and cranked up the fireplace. Left 70'F and traded it for 40's. Damn, I wish I was back in Fla.

Another great SJRR indeed. Many thanks to those that came, pitched in where it was needed especially Sat night at the cookout. If making the trip for the CC's, the water, the skiing, the friendships wasn't enough, you should make the trip for the variety of food that is served. Eddie's deep fried turkeys are a treat in itself, but toss in Bret's wild hog, Boudin that our Cajun Fans brought, the Laos cuisine that Mr's Godfather brings, Joe's NY hotdogs, the pasta salads, desserts and everything else. You are truly missing out.

Thanks SJRR veterans for another great time and making the newbie attendees feel very much welcomed and apart of a group they know may know very little about. The smiles on faces that I saw and cries of "Oh, Yeah....we'll be back next year for sure" is what I heard from every one of them.

Aside from the many boat issues we had which Adam already described there is never a shortage of boats to satisfy one's needs for a pull or ride or whatever. Just park it in a slip, put in on the trailer and jump in another one. What a great group of people to be associated with.

The weather could have been much better and a few of us got caught in some rain here and there but considering it was supposed to rain most of the weekend Mother Nature saw our need and diverted most of it around our little event.

I too am a little tired and sore from the 5 day weekend and I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. We ain't holding out on y'all we is just too pooped to post em'!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 12:03pm
Jmurphs Promo is looking FRESH!

Meanwhile in Indiana....

Adam was doing work on that keg haha.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:07pm
Here's a few that I shot during the event Great Time, Great Boats, Great People!

FRIDAY

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:20pm
Its a good thing we had some pro photographers at this event because I successfully managed to not take a single picture all weekend (again).

Courtesy of Rob:

Parramore's guardian:

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:57pm
Saturday's Run to Hontoon island was a hoot. I counted 17 Correct Craft's, 1 American Skier, and 1 ShrimpTique (NC Skiff). Three didn't make it as they were on the trailers but Big Thanks to Ralph and 'Lil' Sue Palmer (& guest) for grilling out for us!

FOUR legends in this shot as Art C is at the helm of the 61SN with Lester and Cindy Todd.

When "Murphy's Law" has been tinkering with your Correct Craft who better then Murphy himself to bail you out!

Probably my favorite shot of the weekend. Just wish I'da closed Bud's cover.

New Bling for Chris!

New BLING for ZOE!   Congrat's Y'all!

backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:07pm
I was soooooo tired after I dropped HW off at the airport sunday afternoon, I had all I could do just to get the boat put to bed by the time I got home. I went right to bad after that and slept for 10 hrs. Got up for work yesterday and I had all I could do to keep from falling asleep all day. Got home last night, got a bite to eat and went down at 7 o'clock for another 11 hrs. last night.
I'm feeling a lot better today. Hanging wih the youngin's about done this old fart in but what an amazing experience. It was truly an honor to get some real face-to-face time with Joe, Tim, HW, Chris, Pat and the ladies (Sara, Lauren and Zoe). Chris and Zoe getting engaged was also a special treat that I got to experience. Congrats guys!!!!
Adam, I have to say that I was glad that you didn't ride in my boat with your track record of broke iron in your wake but it was awesome meeting you too. PM me to get my contact info to pass on to your sister if she wants to get together to do some skiing.
The Lee St. retreat was certainly a lot of fun and one I'll remember for a long time. Thanks for the memories

I do have some pics that I need to try and get downloaded. I think I need a couple more days to recover yet but it'll happen.

For everybody else, it was a pleasure meeting the newbies as well as the returning veterans. The meal on saturday night was amazing as usual although the "French Fry Eddie" moniker from the Smith Family needs some tweeking. Not that manly sounding but then again, probably appropriate by the time I finally got home.
Roger, as always a pleasure talking to you and meeting Aiddie (sorry for the spelling or lack there of). I hope that she enjoyed the experience as much as we did.

More to come. Hang in there.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:22pm
This pic

Reminds me of the Disney Jungle Cruise.

I guess Reid could always get a job at Disney if he ever wants a change from his current gig.

Whose is that nice light blue skier that Murph is working on? Seems I should know that boat, but I can't place it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Whose is that nice light blue skier that Murph is working on? Seems I should know that boat, but I can't place it.

That would be Reid/Rodney's "Moody Blue".
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:31pm
Sat Night and Sundays pics.

More Correct Craft History from Mr. Ralph!

I know, I know....It's Chris' new boat but it is sharp!

We cruised down to Shell Island for some rope swing time and a few Ski Skat runs if you were bold enough t get out there in the high winds and rain showers. Most of us hung out on the island but asked Eddie for a High speed pass when he and HW left...." No Problem!"

Most of the remaining fans who stayed Sun night headed off to the Lee Street house for some down time and Joe's famous sausage burgers and NY Hot Dog's off the grill.

Whats a River Run without the good old Shot Ski? A toast from 3 men and a lady to the St. John's River feet soaking in a hot tub..... "Thank you, St John's for another great SJRR and we will see you again next year!"

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:44pm
Have a couple pics on my phone, and about zero motivation to do work today, so here goes.

Joe and I saw some pretty cool wood boats Thursday and he told me I needed some pics of them-

This one is particularly cool, you can't see it because of the cover, and Joe knows the story better than I do, but there's about a 90 year old man sitting in the drivers seat under that cover who is the original owner, and the boat is all original the way he bought it 70 or so years ago. It takes three people to get him out of it, but the fact that the guy bought it when he was like 20 and is still driving it is pretty cool.

A couple long range shots of the CC Armada getting ready for the run down the river-

And this is what I woke up to today...awesome. Anybody feel like going back to Parramore's this weekend?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:49pm
Wow, Looks like one hell of a weekend. Keep telling myself next year!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:52pm
I thought I caught a glimpse of that Boesch on the trailer at one point this weekend, but I didnt get a long enough look to positively ID it. Cool.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Whats a River Run without the good old Shot Ski? A toast from 3 men and a lady to the St. John's River feet soaking in a hot tub..... "Thank you, St John's for another great SJRR and we will see you again next year!"

Morfoot you are a master of capturing the moment...pic #1: looking FINE! No officer, of course I haven't been drinking. And pic #2 can only be titled "Wheels. Falling. Off."
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 2:58pm
You are very photogenic Adam haha.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

You are very photogenic Adam haha.

Yes, yes he is.

Edit: whoops, try again.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 3:06pm
Wait til Pat gets to the rope swing shot, its the best picture I've ever taken in my life.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 3:09pm

That's cold Tim...I wasn't even gonna bring up this one of you taken right after you got your blonde highlights put in...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 3:10pm
Whos Tim's hair stylist?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Whos Tim's hair stylist?

In that picture, it was freshly styled by a 383ci American Skier!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 3:20pm
Just for the record....Adam doesn't ALWAYS have that "Yeah, I've been drinking all day, so what's your problem?" look on his face all the time....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 4:00pm

Just for the record....Adam doesn't ALWAYS have that "Yeah, I've been drinking all day, so what's your problem?" look on his face all the time....

You only thought you were going to find a picture of me not looking that way...actually, my publicist won't allow it, ha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 4:15pm
Funny stuff Tim!

Looks like everyone had a great time in FL while we all froze our nuts off up here... I must make it down there next year.

Don't them gators concern anyone?

Congratulations to Chris and Zoe!

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 5:04pm
Well Tim, that is one of the more manly hair stylists I've seen in a while ha.

Chris is thrwing down the cash!! A ring and new boat in the same year Gotta wear sunglasses around that thing.

Congrats.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Don't them gators concern anyone?

We haven't had any issues with gators as of yet. They are mostly present in the no wake zones usually hanging out on logs sunning themselves but I have seen some on the main river. We usually tend to ski/foot board on the wider parts of the river or on some of the narrower, glassy, parts of the river after the armada passes. The lily pads break up the wakes nicely so you don't have shoreline kickback.

However just because you don't see em' doesn't mean they aren't there. Just don't lollie gag when someone is in the water.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic