Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Hey Donald! Bring the Old Man! My daughters thought he was "cute"? HaHa! I enjoyed talking to him.

Hey, tell the girls I look just like him ( he is my dad). If they think he is cute, they will love me at the Glenn.

Donald
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Tim, Joe, ChrisM, are you guys going to stay at base camp this year or are you doing the house thing again?

Missed out on this conversation...we're open to whatever as long as Halston brings the right ammo for Water Moccasins this year!

Depending on schedules, we may end up with a boat of our own although it might not be a Correct Craft. I told dad about the wood boat run and he's been talking about taking his Chris Craft down and hooking up with us CCFolk when they pass through.

Haven't talked with the three stooges tho (reid, Tim & Joe)
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Tim, Joe, ChrisM, are you guys going to stay at base camp this year or are you doing the house thing again?

Missed out on this conversation...we're open to whatever as long as Halston brings the right ammo for Water Moccasins this year!

Let's here about the water moccasins. Should we stop and pick up a 20g youth gun?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 8:03pm
I did not see any snakes while I was down there... which is good, because theres only one kind of snake I like (a dead snake).

Havent talked to anyone yet either, but if I make it back down this year, staying in that house again would be my (strong) preference.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 8:10pm
If I remember right, it was hanging out under Bigwavedave's boat at the campground. I'd never seen one in person but Halston was sure it was a WM. It swam away right as the grounds keeper walked up with a shovel.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Havent talked to anyone yet either, but if I make it back down this year, staying in that house again would be my (strong) preference.

+1
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 8:12pm
I might try to check yall out this year. I will be in Kissimmee FL that weekend for the National Linemans Rodeo, but I'm sure I can find a couple hours to hang and meet a couple of you guys.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 8:24pm

If I remember right, it was hanging out under Bigwavedave's boat at the campground. I'd never seen one in person but Halston was sure it was a WM. It swam away right as the grounds keeper walked up with a shovel.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

+1

Why wouldn't you stay at HQ?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Why wouldn't you stay at HQ?

Isn’t a darn thing wrong with HQ, in fact if you are going down for the weekend of the reunion it is pretty silly to stay anywhere else. Good food onsite, launch and docking on site, easiest way to coordinate/meet up with your fellow fans, stumbling distance to your bed at night.. etc etc.

But, if you are going to head down for a full week of fierce footing mornings/lazy days/hazy afternoons on the river then the pool table, ping pong table, big screen tv, two full baths, wifi, kegerator, kitchen, back yard boat parking, and hot tub of the river house don’t hurt (especially if you are trying to convince the young ladies this is a full fledged florida vacation and not simply a man/boat festival). Chris/Tim/John,etc we should discuss and coordinate Columbus day weekend..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 4:11pm
This is definitely on my "to do" list for 2013!

Where would one stay that does NOT have the cockroaches that Donald was talking about?
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

This is definitely on my "to do" list for 2013!

Where would one stay that does NOT have the cockroaches that Donald was talking about?

in Ohio, it sounds like
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 5:03pm
Randy,

It is actually kind of fun. Come in at 2:00 AM with a good buzz, flick on the light and see how many you can count trying to get back in the kitchen cabinets.

If you have a real good buzz you really will not care.

Sort of a sport.

Donald
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 5:51pm
Weird, I didn't see a single roach in the cabin we stayed at. Maybe you were having some kind of weird hallucinations left over from the apple pie.... I'm definitely going to have to try some off the shot-ski this year.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Randy,

It is actually kind of fun. Come in at 2:00 AM with a good buzz, flick on the light and see how many you can count trying to get back in the kitchen cabinets.

Donald

Honestly, Donald probably spent more time in the cabin since his dad was down last year. I stayed in the same cabin and didn't notice any. I didn't actually do much in the cabin but sleep. I'll bet coming in after 2:00am with a slightly better buzz may have done the trick.

The cabins are fine. They're not cheap, but they are better than a tent for my tastes.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 8:09pm
John,

My father found it odd that you would not come back to the cabin to sleep until after 3:00 AM, but you were back up sking before he was up at 8:00 AM.

Donald
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 9:03pm
Nice! As you could tell, I was just trying to maximize my time. You planning on bunking again? Or tent camping? Or Embassy Suites?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Nice! As you could tell, I was just trying to maximize my time. You planning on bunking again? Or tent camping? Or Embassy Suites?

John,

I am not sure yet. My kids have Friday off from school, so I may bring the wife and two kids. I wish there were an Astor Embassy Suites. I could use my Hilton Honor Points and stay for free

Donald
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 10:27pm
Donald, as being a long time user of Parramores, I have never had a bug or snake problem.Maybe Karen keeps our cabin cleaner, But there again this is a "camp" ground in the middle of the nowhere .. There are few 4 star hotels close to Astor.
Maybe a little less or a little more "apple pie" will fix your minor bug problem...........Mom and the kids will keep you too busy for a bug report....Billy
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 11:16pm
To All Newbies of SJRR.....

Please come and enjoy our event. You will find at Parramore's there is a rustic charm , the rooms modest but super clean. The owner, Lori, basicly hands over the Park to us. We,SJRR, rent all the cabins, and tent spaces. With that being said book early .
There is a good diner inside the campground with excellent food,boat ramp , covered boat parking, no need to leave.
Karen will announce a calender of events for the week of March 15 thru 25. We will arrive and set up command cental on Tuesday nite. See ya'll in March.........,

Any members having questions about SJRR 2013 please call me @

the boat dr 318-386-2825
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 11:55pm
I'll bring some jalepeno lime juice for the margaritas in the evening, and maybe some bacon infused vodka for some morning bloody mary's.   Anything that bites you will die from alcohol poisoning.    Got to make sure you have have a fair fight with all the local creatures.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 12:02am
By the way I hear Q (Chris) is show you how to throw down on the foil. Don't want to miss that, there may not be any pictures or video.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

By the way I hear Q (Chris) is show you how to throw down on the foil. Don't want to miss that, there may not be any pictures or video.

I don't know who Chris is but if you are coming over for the Run I will be defintitely be bringing along my foil and trying to bum some lessons from ya...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I don't know who Chris is but if you are coming over for the Run I will be defintitely be bringing along my foil and trying to bum some lessons from ya...

I'm just trying to start something with Quinner, he's been threatening to get a foil for a while now, but can't seem to get off his wallet and pull the trigger. I'll probably bring a few for people to try and maybe even someone who can ride one.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 2:18pm
Well in that case I can report that Chris "Quinner" has now physically acquired a sit down hydrofoil or at least that it was in the back of Chris Mar's truck heading his way last time I saw it. Not one that I would ever strap myself to without someone doing some serious work to it first.. but then again Chris has been known to ride a few things I wouldn't...   Be awefully nice if he could make the river run though...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Hey Donald! Bring the Old Man! My daughters thought he was "cute"? HaHa! I enjoyed talking to him.

Hey, tell the girls I look just like him ( he is my dad). If they think he is cute, they will love me at the Glenn.

Donald

HaHa! They were at the Glen, and thats where they spoke with "Dad". Funny, no mention of you? Sorry!
Js
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 4:40pm

.. but then again Chris has been known to ride a few things I wouldn't...

Couldn't agree more. Quinner is a breed of his own
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 4:55pm

Hah, your killin me Joe, bettin you too have had your fair share of scary rides, lol.

We need to get a parent with kids in school onto the planning and scheduling committee for the many reunions, these dates are killing me! CT the first week of school, SJRR the week before spring break, etc. etc. Crap, had to jump thru hoops to make CT happen, this one could be a stretch for me as well, we will see what happens.

And yes Don, picked up an Air Chair for $150 out in CT, Tim has been holding it (probably literally as well) for the past several months.

And if I do make it out, would also be in that line for some advanced foiling instruction from the master!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 1:26am

Couldn't agree more. Quinner is a breed of his own

dang storm..beat me to it..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bzirk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 12:47pm
This sounds like fun. I love that area, but isn't there still ice in the river in March?
1983 Barefoot Nautique 454. Fun, but not pretty.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 12:57pm
I doubt all of them will be quite as nice as the weather we had there last year.. but in general its not bad down there then. In fact it hass warmer up there than in the Keys at that time of year each time I got lucky enough to do both in the same week so come on up!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 8:31pm
Going to try to make it to sjrr for 2013. It will be my first event, an wanna bring my sn but have a few things to finish up on the trailer and boat (just finished a stringer job). It will be a little bit of a haul from TN but be well worth it

Nick
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 14>
  Share Topic