Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 79SNbrady 79SNbrady wrote:

It will be a little bit of a haul from TN but be well worth it

Nick

Absolutely worth the trip!

For anyone thinking of making this year's river run please don't let the talk of gators, snakes and large bugs scare you off! Just part of being in the south just like dealing with Quinner when you visit the north! We had a running "gator count" last year and came close to several when skiing/boarding but they seemed to be more scared of us!

That's my official endorsement for the event. Billy, Karen and all others on the planning side do a great job of making sure everyone has a great time. Only advice I would give is to make the trip last as long as possible and keep the car keys on the shore!
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 9:48pm
gonna be hard to not say shoot it! shoot it! when i see one.. been watching to much swamp people . Seeing all the gators will freak me out at first but ill get over it... probably go chase one down in the nautique just to get a good look at one.

I take it found out to leave the keys behind the hard way?

For the meet, is there a registration to sign up with? fees? anything besides renting a place and towing the ole boat down? A friend of mine wants to come down as well, idk if he wants to bring his boat or not he has a 2011 230 sante.
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:08pm

gonna be hard to not say shoot it! shoot it!

For the meet, is there a registration to sign up with? fees? anything besides renting a place and towing the ole boat down? A friend of mine wants to come down as well, idk if he wants to bring his boat or not he has a 2011 230 sante.

Choot 'em.....not shoot it ROFLMAO.... Thats too funny nick
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:09pm
Glad you're coming down from Tenn!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:11pm

I take it found out to leave the keys behind the hard way?

If you read the SJRR 2012 toward the end and read fanofccfan's post you'll get the whole story about leaving keys on the shore.

Registration will be whenever you get there or Friday night before the catered dinner at the campground and usually includes a SJRR T-shirt and other goodies we organizers can come up with. Fee's will be determined after the boat dr and boat nurse get a price on the t-shirts and the cost of dinner on Fri and other things.

Book a place and thats all you need. IF there are empty slips available you can rent a slip for $5 a night( some are pretty tight)and leave the boat in the water. IF not there is VERY limited open air slips and if all else fails but it back on the trailer.

All you will need for Sat is to bring whatever you signed up to bring as we fans take care of dinner ourselves on Sat. " Bring what you Brought" and we'll all feast on food from across the country.

By all means Bring your buddy and his boat or if not then he has yours to ride around in or many others that will be there. Either way its ALL GOOD! The first timers always come back for more!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:11pm
There are no newbies at SJRR, Only old friends we have not met......
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

There are no newbies at SJRR, Only old friends we have not met......

I stand corrected Doc! VERY TRUE.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 10:42pm
Take the advice about keys left on the shore. It will save y'all a couple hundies! Still had a great time though. Thanks storm and morfoot. I needed a good laugh tonight.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Take the advice about keys left on the shore. It will save y'all a couple hundies! Still had a great time though. Thanks storm and morfoot. I needed a good laugh tonight.

Hey now, I completely stripped my SS before I sold it, and still no keys!! I'm betting that they are on the bottom of the Glen.   
Hope you can make it down again this year Bill. I'll pull you footin' this time.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 11:12pm
Had a really great talk with Billy on the phone....DEFINITLY want to come to SJRR!
-Parks Bonifay

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2012 at 11:39pm
Bret. I'm a thinkin you are correct. I see the BFN is coming along quite nicely. Have not looked that far ahead on the calandar yet but if I am there I will take you up on that pull.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:18am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Bret. I'm a thinkin you are correct. I see the BFN is coming along quite nicely. Have not looked that far ahead on the calandar yet but if I am there I will take you up on that pull.

Just make sure your boat is up to the task- Bill wore my 83 right out- had to idle back to the dock in shame, good thing it was at the end of the last day.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:57am
In your defense joe.....I have never had my arms ripped off quite like I did behind your boat and how many dads can tell their family they got a ride in the fasted correct craft on the planet????? (This was true at the time). I understand trbenj may have the record now?
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:04am
Whats the fastest the ole boats have been?
-Parks Bonifay

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:39am
Like several others I had mine over 75 but then I got there and put it in the water
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 12:12pm
Joe will still have the fastest CC at the River Run as best I can tell... Im not planning to bring our '79 down at this point. No boat Ive been in can touch him for holeshot anyways. As far as top speed goes, the 60mph mark has been taken down.
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:28pm
Just out of curiosty what is the weather like that time of year? And is there any tent camping sites at paramours
-Parks Bonifay

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:42pm
The weather is pretty warm in late March. Mid to upper 80's. (Last year anyway) Tent sites are available and the shower house is pretty decent. Many Fans have camped out in a tent and Joe even lived out of a tent for a couple weeks a couple years back as he went on a 'Walkabout" in middle Fl.
I've considered doing the tent thing but sleeping in a "cabin" with A/C when you've been out in the hot Fla sun all day is just what you need to finish off an exhausting day.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:42pm

Just out of curiosty what is the weather like that time of year? And is there any tent camping sites at paramours

Parramore’s does have a few tent sites with reasonable rates (Lived there a week and a half or so during my retirement a couple years back). The weather can be anywhere from 60 degree highs with water only a northerner could love up to mid-eighties and very reasonable water temps. Likely you are looking at mid to high 70’s… Just depends on the luck of the draw.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 2:54pm
You make a good point... Decisions decisions.... If I get a camp site might wanna bring the 22 for the over sized lizards Jk
-Parks Bonifay

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 4:00pm
The Smith Family is booked (and paid in advance?) at the famous "Bass Beds" Cabin. (Lou Cabrazzi sleeps with the fishes...) Friday to Sunday, and looking forward to it! Lost out on the "Shellcracker". "Snooze you lose".
Js
68 Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68 Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 1:07am
We are planning a trip to Florida and would like to include sjrr in our trip. You mention march 15-25, us it really ten days? Are there any must not miss dates? We could probably only make it for a day or two.

Thank you,

Keith
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 2:13am
Keith it is on the weekend of March 23&24 but some get there early and some stay a little later. You bringing your boat? plan on getting your lodging now.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 2:26am
We ( my family and I ) went for the sat Sunday deal and had a great time. Go when you can and everyone will make sure you all have a great experience.
68 Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68 Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 12:42pm
Gary, Thank you for the info. Definatley will not be bringing the Skylark. I hope two friends will be bringing their 196 and skier. They are each only about an hour away.

Keith
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 2:32pm
Keith, lots to do in two days. Karen and I arrive on Tuesday nite, and set up Command Central at Parramores.The Mt.Dora wooden boat show is also held that same weekend.
Let me caution you on booking your cabin at Parramores...If you Snooze you Lose. They sell out quickly, so call Lori's Mom soon.........If you have any questions about SJRR or the Mt. Dora show call Karen or myself at 318-386-2825....See ya at SJRR 2013........Billy
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2012 at 2:34pm
Questions about SJRR ????? Billy 1-318-386-2825
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2012 at 4:06pm
Hope you can make it Bill! We will be there the entire weekend. (God willing!) Have a cabin rented. Also will have the "Croc Doc" with me.
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2012 at 12:11am
Heads up!
I checked my reservations (Luckily!) and I was prepaid for Thanksgiving weekend in November, 2012!! I quickly called Lori and discussed the problem and she remembered me, and the fact that I was to be there with the CCF group. No explaination for the weong date. So she corrected and put me in to my original request, The Shellcracker cabin. And threw in the covered boat slip for the scare. Check your reservation dates.
Js
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2012 at 8:20am
Checked and all set to be there on the 20th and check out on 25th. Now just have to decide which boat to drag down behind the truck. Looking forward to the trip back this spring!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 14>
  Share Topic