Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 2:51pm
Time to start the final planning stage of this years "event".

There have been no majors changes in the venue for SJRR 2013.

Karen and I will be in Alligator Alley again.

With the meet and greet being held on Friday afternoon, and a buffett dinner served that nite.
The "River Run" to Hontoon Island will again be our destination with lunch served at the park. The Skippers meeting will be at 8:30 Departure time will be at 9:30, with no exceptions..

Guest speaker , Mr. Ralph , will again be there to share another "chapter in CC history". Times will be announced soon, for his talk, followed by the Cook Out...

I just talked to Lori @ Parramores about available sites. Those that have waited will be pleased, a few cabins are available off water.I have listed those below....

There are 3, 2 bedroom cabins and 1, three bedroom still open ...

There are also 2 tent sites left open....

There are also 11 RV Sites for rent also......

Karen and I will answer any questions about this years event @

The Boat Doctor.....1-318-386-2825
CorrectCraftParts...1-318-299-8547

See Ya In March.....Billy and Karen
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 4:14pm
I'm sooo looking forward to this. I'm worried about a 200k mile truck pulling the boat again. I may bum rides.   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:02pm
Hey, Boat Dr, took your advice and lock up a tent site, T3, at Parramores for Friday and Sat. night. I hope to have my daughter wuth me for Saturday night. She will get there from Orlando before the regatta sets sail Sat. morning.

If Buffalo BFN makes it will Morffot and I make three from Ga.?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

I doubt it'll only be three. We've had some sizeable gatherings of locals here on the hooch.

I'm a lock and I think I'm driving alone. If anyone wants to go with at dark 30 friday morning(not in stone)...
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Ohhh Morfoot will be there alright but when is the question. More than likely I will head out dark 30 on Thursday and return back on Mon at some point.(Unless the BoatNurse calls me again on Wed morning saying I'd better getmy kiester down there) Guess it depends if I have anyone with me or not. I've been working on Jimsport93 and the nautiquehunters trying to get them to commit to going. I still got a couple months to put some peer pressure on them.

Just a reminder that y'all need to start thinking bout what you're bringing for Sat nights cookout. I talked to the bear last night and he told me that Eddie and his deep fried turkeys won't be back this year so that part will definately be missed. The Doc or I will start a Whatcha' Bringin' list here soon as the time to plan for Saturdays cookout is here.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 11:19am
Tim, are you dragging Scarlet?
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 11:31am
Yes, sir......Never leave home without her!

If you can swing the time frame you're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me. We're do a phone call anyway.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 11:42am
My time frame is pretty flexible. ^^^not in stone

I appreciate the offer. First I have to decide on the pumpkin and when is the best time to get there.

I have an appt from 4-6, otherwise ring away.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 5:55pm
I just talked to Lanie. There are 2 trailers and 1 tent site left.
1988 BFN-sold

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:10pm
Fella's, Allie and I will be in Orlando with Rhoni the week prior. I might be able to swing a turn around trip back down, but need a place to crash and a boat to scrap a ride from.

Ken
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:34pm
Ken, glad to see you coming.. I will bet there will be some cabins renters that will share costs..If you need more info , give me or Karen a call.
Do you have dates for stay, some of us get there a few days prior...And "HAVE " to leave on Tuesday....See ya there
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 10:23pm
I should be there around lunch Tuesday and I'm heading out Monday. My extra spot has been claimed already..less than 2 hours!
1988 BFN-sold

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 11:19pm
Ken, sent you a txt, let me know if it didn't come thru- I have more than one number for you.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 1:21pm
Tuesday through Monday sounds good to me… Just a short two months left before the kick-off to the 2013 boating season.   I left a boat halfway down there, and it was running last time I saw it so I suspect it will make it as well.     Every year we go down there we find a few more local places of interest, learn a few more skiing spots, meet a few more friends.. we were busy as a sun of a gun last year and didn’t even sneak in a Monkey Run or a trip to the boat show. Anyone with a chance would do well to add an extra day or two.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 2:19pm
Joe, I cannot agree more....

The Sunnyland Antique Boat Show, is a must see for all that have a love for "OLD BOATS".. There is a reason that the dates for SJRR were changed , see above. This event is in full swing on Thursday, Friday and peaks on Saturday.. There is time for all to enjoy the full spectrum of the boating world, when you attend the SJRR 2013.

This has become "THE EVENT TO ATTEND" on everyone's "bucket list".

Karen and I would like to thank everyone for their help, and advice to bring this event to the next level...

As far as the Monkee Run, that may be added to this years event. All we need is head count and a senior skipper to "GUIDE" the "Three Hour Tour". Can we count on you JOE ??????
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 2:28pm
I'd be up for a Monkey Run either Thursday or Friday. Stacey, Jillian and I will be up there by 9-10am on Thursday. I've been wanting to do the Monkey run, although I've heard it can be a prop killer if the water is low. We haven't had jack for rain here and if it continues like this into March the river will be low.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 3:14pm
As a group , we did the run two years ago. No problems with underwater debris, but "NO PLACE TO PEE" was the biggest issues we delt with. The run in is about two hours of "Dead Slow/No Wake" a bit shorter on the ride back to the landing, but still a long time when ya gotta go.....

There are a few turns that can fool you on the ride "Home" but again one of the many "gotta do that again" events that await those the attend SJRR........Billy
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 6:59pm
A few Fans wanted to do the monkey run last year but the water was down and reports I heard were that allot of trees had fallen from previous rains preventing access to the main spring. IMHO I don't know if you'd see allot of the Monkeys in the trees like had one the first one as the trees are leafed out in March but weren't when the SJRR was held in Feb.

I know I didn't hold the 'Yellow River' from flowing for 4 hours and neither did most of the GUYS who went. Funny things happen when you mention the word ALLIGATOR to those standing on the platform changing the water temp. The Ladies on the other hand.... Different story.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

A few Fans wanted to do the monkey run last year but the water was down and reports I heard were that allot of trees had fallen from previous rains preventing access to the main spring. IMHO I don't know if you'd see allot of the Monkeys in the trees like had one the first one as the trees are leafed out in March but weren't when the SJRR was held in Feb.

I know I didn't hold the 'Yellow River' from flowing for 4 hours and neither did most of the GUYS who went. Funny things happen when you mention the word ALLIGATOR to those standing on the platform changing the water temp. The Ladies on the other hand.... Different story.

No problem being the last boat out of the Glenn huh Foot??? hahaha That is one loooong ride with no place to get out. Women had to die on that trip.. Monkeys were cool as were the crocks !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 11:34pm
Our boat will definitely be spending some quality time at the Glen this year. That is always a CCFan favorite as well. Last 2 years Friday was a good day for it.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 11:58pm
Monkee Run, if there are enough , will also be on Friday.
I am sure there will be more than a few that go to Sunnyland Boat Show also.
There are always options and no plan that says you can't...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

As far as the Monkee Run, that may be added to this years event. All we need is head count and a senior skipper to "GUIDE" the "Three Hour Tour". Can we count on you JOE ??????

Water conditions allowing I certainly wouldn't be against leading a jaunt to see the monkeys on Thursday afternoon if there is interest... Friday is packed.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2013 at 1:30am
Glad to be getting there on Wednesday and Leaving Monday morning. I excited for this years trip down. Going to be a long drive, but well worth it.
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 12:27am
Forgot to take pictures, but I was at the Glen Today and yesterday. Camped out at Salt Springs Campground and ran the Nautique there both days(5-6 miles I would guess). Perfect weekend. There are manatees up at the springs this time of year. Can't wait to be back up there for SJRR.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 1:14pm
Okay Fans we're less than 7 weeks away from the coveted River Run which means it will be here before you know it. For you southerners it's time to bust out the wax, the teak oil and start getting your babies ready for a road trip to sunny Astor, Fla. We need to start the proverbial list of whose coming, when ya getting there, and whatcha bringing for Sat nights cookout. We need to start getting a head count for T-shirts, River Rumbles IV, and etc. The Doc will pipe up with info regarding Fri nights Dinner as he and the Nurse take care of that part of the SJRR. Those of you flying in for the event aren't getting off easy as there is always a need for sodas, water, plates, trash bags, charcoal, lighter fluid, 'Red Solo Cups', napkins, ice, etc. You get the general idea. There are plenty of stores enroute and a small one in town so.... See a need FILL a need. As with SJRR and CCFan tradition no one goes hungry and help is usually abundant.

For you first timers, bring your boat, and your babe if you got one and enjoy hanging with your fellow CC Fanatics for several days of running round on the St. Johns River skiing and boating till you can't go anymore then chill out in the evenings with great food, fellowship, old friends, new friends and a shot ski or two. If you're boatless there's always extra room in someones boat so don't let that deter you from going. Put away the Parkas, your thermals, your snow boots, start busting the rust out of those joints, hit a tanning bed once or twice (Gary) and grab your swimmies, your flip floppies, your sunglasses and start the Ski Season off with a BANG!

Let's get moving on this!

Morfoot(2) - 3?-3/25 Carrot & Coconut Cake, & 'Miss Scarlett'   
Joe C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 1:59pm
Joe C and Ellen 3/21 thru 3/24 with boat Waiting to see if Joe is bringing his NY hot dogs
76 ski nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 2:05pm
Joe C and Ellen 3/21 thru 3/24 with boat Waiting to see if Joe is bringing his NY hot dogs
Joeinny(2ish) - 3/19 - 3/25 with 83SN - Hot Dogs and Rolls
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 2:41pm
Joeinny(2ish) - 3/19 - 3/25 with 83SN - Hot Dogs and Rolls
bhectus - with Stacey, Jillian, and 87BFN - wild hog ham & backstraps
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 2:49pm
Slow down there a bit Joe, WE have this under control.......

Thanks for the heads up, SJRR 2013, is only a few weeks away.....

Karen and I will start a new thread for needed supplies and a list of attendee's complete with dates and phone numbers.
Some will arrive early and stay late, while others will try to make the most of the time available.
As in the past, we want this to be a family event, so please be respectful of others.
Lori and Parramore's are the reason this event has grown year after year, lets all work towards a common goal...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Slow down there a bit Tim, WE have this under control.......

Thanks for the heads up, SJRR 2013, is only a few weeks away.....

Karen and I will start a new thread for needed supplies and a list of attendee's complete with dates and phone numbers.
Some will arrive early and stay late, while others will try to make the most of the time available.
As in the past, we want this to be a family event, so please be respectful of others.
Lori and Parramore's are the reason this event has grown year after year, lets all work towards a common goal...

There I fixed it for ya billy
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic