NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet replacement - how much will I need

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet replacement - how much will I need
    Posted: December-04-2005 at 4:40pm
Hi,

Replacing the very workn carpet in the '76 SN, anyone done this recently and can save me the trouble of working out how much to buy?

The rolls are generally 2m wide here so hoping to purchase 10-12m or so?? this sound about right?
Tate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 6:34pm
Mark, I recently recarpeted my '80 Martinique. A friend of mine is a salesman at a local carpet store and helped me with the purchase. Neither of us had ever done it before so we measured the boat down each side and across the floor. We came up with around 11'. The carpet I was to buy came in 12' rolls(just right) of however many linear feet I wanted. I planned on using it on my trailor also so I wanted to buy extra. I bought 35' and that was way to much. It was almost enough to do two boats not counting the trailor.
Tate
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 11:46pm
Buy a tad bit more than you think you need...measure it out and add 10%

Measure twice and cut once! 11 feet is pretty close. Always best to have a bit more than less...done it twice this year!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2005 at 7:08am
Markb,

Sounds like these guys were able to find the carpet in 4m width so it could be laid in down the , and up the hull sides in a single piece without seams. Tate bought about 10 12m in the 4m width and had about double what
he needed. So, if you go with the 2m width,
it sounds like 10-12 will be right on the money.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2005 at 4:56pm

Don't think the 4m width is avaiable here so I'll be doing it in 2 pieces. I have yet to measure up but 2x length of the boat@2m roll should be good.

Should be getting onto this sometime in the next week or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic