NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where were you?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where were you?
    Posted: September-11-2012 at 11:20am

My only child Daniel is in Afganistan NOW and I'm Proud of him!

A Poam (cut and paste)

WHERE WERE YOU at 8:46 a.m. 9-11-2001

WHERE WERE YOU ON THE DAY FROM HELL
WHEN PLANES WERE HIJACKED, WHEN BUILDINGS FELL WHERE WERE YOU WHEN LIVES WERE CHANGED WHEN THE INNOCENT DIED FROM ACTS ARRANGED WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE TERRORISTS STRUCK WHEN THE HOME OF THE FREE RAN OUT OF LUCK WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE WORLD STOOD STILL WHEN YOU COULD NOT BELIEVE THE TERROR WAS REAL WHERE WERE YOU WHEN FIRST BLOOD WAS DRAWN WHEN OUR SECURITY WAS ALL BUT GONE WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WAR WAS DECLARED WHEN WE RESPONDED WITH OUR TEETH BARED WHERE WERE YOU IN THE U.S.A.
WHEN WE ALL JOINED HANDS AND LEARNED TO PRAY WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE STUNNED SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH, TWO-THOUSAND-ONE

By Richard J. Beck
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 12:46pm
Great poem Waterdog!

My thoughts (and thanks) go out to your son and all my other "brothers" over there...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 1:13pm
Thinking of your Son's safety while he is there, and you should be proud!!

Was at my office in downtown Chicago, on the 10th floor off Wacker Drive, about 6 blocks north of the Sears Tower. My office windows looked south & east. As the reports began coming in what was happening I could not help but stare in the sky, at the Sears tower wondering if it would reach us here. Not long after our Building recommended evacuating, at which point I sent my employees home. Out my window was a sea of people fleeing the city towards the train stations. I hung around and wrapped things up heading home myself a few hours later, the city was like a ghost town, the sky was quite, it was almost surreal.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 2:38pm
Working at the Worlds busiest airport we were all just doing our normal thing when one of the guys saw on CNN that a commercial plane hit the WTC. We were like NO WAY...quit BS'n. No guy's, really! We all scampered to an empty computer to see for ourselves but the server was so busy you couldn't get thru. My thoughts were OMG, how the hell does a Airliner hit the WTC? Was it ours? The flight controls musta really gone haywire for this to happen. HOLY CRAP! Those poor souls on board. The people in the building.... Our shop went to the breakroom down the hall where they had a TV on some news channel talking bout what was happening. The breakroom was overflowing and getting stuffy from those tuned in. We watched it for a while as the events were unfolding then I said out loud (as the 2nd one came in from left of the screen)..." OMG here comes another one!" What the #$%@ is going on? You coulda heard a pin drop in that room. Hearts and mouths hit the floor. People left in disbelief and shock.

In the hours that followed the Airport tarmac was full of planes, our ramp was full of planes, and the deathly silence of the busiest airport on the planet was hard to comprehend. It was something out of a horror movie. No NOISE whatsoever at all in broad daylight for DAYS!

We shut down for the rest of the day as Delta sent everyone home not needed to park airplanes so that we could be with our families. The guys here said not one word but left in awe of what happened that day.

Patriotism ran deep shortly there after and you couldn't find an American flag ANYWHERE! It saddens me that this patriotism I witnessed in EVERYONE has faded away in many and so wish for it to return.

I'll never forget that day and am reminded of it everytime I report for work as a fence surrounds the entire Maintenance facility and you have to scan your ID and go thru a "cheese grader" type turnstile just to get in the building. No more access to ramp out in front of the hanger unless you work in the hanger. Times have changed for sure.

Thank you all who put your lives on the line for us so that we can live free.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 3:03pm
Kind of creepy that night. Of course, as Tim indicated, the skies were silent, but living only a couple miles from the Otis Air Force Base on Cape Cod, (the home of the fighters that were deployed to the WTC that morning) we would hear military jets coming and going through the night, wondering what was going on and if there was more to come.

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 5:49pm
I was a junior in college sleeping in on one of my later days that Tuesday morning. I woke up to my room mate screaming "Holy $hit, they bombed the Pentagon!" I immediately ran down the hall to his room to watch the news coverage. I can't remember if they canceled classes or not and it really did not matter as no one in our house left for the rest of the day.

Please tell you son thank you from the Zuzelski family. And thank you to all other service men and women.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 8:16pm
driving to a job listening to howard stern. when he first heard it he passed it on to the listeners , I thought it was just him being him
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 5:33am
We were all in the garages at the barracks, doing maintenance on our battle tanks, when one guy came in shouting that a plane crashed in the Twin Towers...
We dropped everything and ran to the canteen, where there was a big screen.
Okay, the first plane we thought: "somebody really messed up", but when the second crashed... And then the one in the Pentagon... We were all in awe about what was happening...
The whole base was sitting in front of the TV, wondering what the h*ll was going on. Our captain even said: "We better prepare ourselves for war..."

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2012 at 1:20am
In a company computer class with my friend Dave Ripley. We talk EVERY Sept 11th.
Managment tried to get us back to class and off the news screens. That didn't get to far.
Went home and went right to our Church and sat in the last row for awhile. My firend and Pastor, John Butchco came in, sat down next to me and didn't say a word.
Gotta agree with Tim as to the Patriotism.
Our thanks to all who serve to protect us.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
garygreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2012 at 8:19am
Your son is doing great...we are also have proud of him.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic