NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats under your wetsuit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats under your wetsuit?
    Posted: September-15-2012 at 1:38pm
Do you:
1. Wear a swimsuit and deal with it bunching up and riding up?
2. Go buff and just watch the zipper at the bottom
3. Wear the barefoot shorts

I'm personally getting tired of dealing with my suit bunching up and making the suit uncomfortable. My wife insists I'm weird for wanting to go buff, even though thats how I used to dive. I don't need the extra padding so I just cant justify $70 barefoot shorts either.
'94SN Restoration underway...
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 2:29pm
Me- swimsuit (no liner) + barefoot shorts + barefoot suit

Son #1- boxers + barefoot suit

Son #2- buff + barefoot shorts + barefoot suit.

Wife- buff
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 3:02pm
^^ Wife = awesome ^^
Mike N

1968 Mustang

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 6:41pm
use a towel wrap and strip down

barefoot shorts, cup, and barefoot suit. SO COMFORTABLE.

the padding in the barefoot shorts will double the distance and comfort of your butt glide.

going buff with just a barefoot suit can lead to water intrusion
This is the life
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 7:01pm
A man of steel!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 7:48pm
Boxerbriefs or buff, nothing loose
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 9:29pm
I have a set of "jammers" (racing swim shorts) that I use for swimming. I wear them under a my normal boardshorts so they are kind of like a liner. What is funny is when I don't tell anybody new on the boat about it and I stand up to get ready to put on my wetsuit and just drop my swim trunks. Try it and pay attention to who keeps looking ;-)

I'm not footin or anything, but this is also what we do on the tri team with our wetsuits.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
jdmoore59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdmoore59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 9:55pm
+ 1 on the Jammers. They are made by Speedo and don't bunch up at all. I also wear boardshorts over mine until I put the barefoot suit on.
2001 Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 10:07pm
"Only your hairdresser knows for sure" All you old guys should remember that line!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 2:41am
hmm i was doing dolphin starts today and was thinking a cup would be damn nice...
'94SN Restoration underway...
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 4:37am
Just got home from the River....Swim trunks with a liner (no drawers), Cup, old pair of Oneal non padded shorts and my 15 year old RS Eagle suit. Everything fits snug and very tight....Can pass the boat off the boom/short rope on the glide :) But.... due to technology improvements I have a new suit on order.
Thanks.......Tom
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 11:06am
Red Thong and suit.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Red Thong and suit.

I was wondering when that would come out of the closet...

Me: buff - barefoot short - barefoot suit

I never wear anything under a wetsuit...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 2:20pm
Best thing I've worn and most all of us do on my ski teams is a pair of compression shorts. basically like tights in the short version. Can wear them all day under board shorts...slip boardies off and throw the suit on. Slides on and off like nothing (giggity)

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 3:07pm
commando
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 4:06pm
My Captain America suit

or

My footey Pajama's in the cold months
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 4:17pm
Under Armor Coldgear # 2

Spandex Shorts
Tubing Sucks.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 7:25pm
buff+barefoot shorts+ barefoot suit....
some leak also to warm things up in those cold water days!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

My Captain America suit

or

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

brettmcox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettmcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

Best thing I've worn .... is a pair of compression shorts. basically like tights in the short version. Can wear them all day under board shorts...slip boardies off and throw the suit on. Slides on and off like nothing (giggity)

Same here..... I use the UnderArmor... they dry fast...

2001 Super Sport GT40 - Current
1986 SN2001 351 stock- Past....
1973 Cobalt 188/888 Stock - Past...
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2012 at 9:24am
No wedgie please

neoprene impact shorts under boardies when its warm enough
3/2mm Shortie - commando
3/2mm full - commando
5mm semi dry for late season - commando
drysuit with thermal onesie when its really cold
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 7:41pm
Only thing under my wetsuit is my v@gina
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 8:37pm
Where did you get one of those?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2012 at 9:27pm
Bought it, had joe restore it and had Ried stitch it on
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

My Captain America suit

or

I'm sure glad that CQ filled us in on what's under his wetsuit. I was going to warn everyone NOT to ask him this question. He just might show you and it most likely would not be a pleasant sight!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 6:05pm
What's a wet suit?
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 6:43pm
I'm not as worried about the captain America suit as I am the restored, stitched on vajayjay
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

I'm not as worried about the captain America suit as I am the restored, stitched on vajayjay

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2012 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

BTW, where has HW been lately?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 12:33pm
had to break out the wetsuit yesterday...didn't want to, but it was only 50 and windy...accidentally mooned some of my neighbors getting it off and on
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic