NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 26>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!
    Posted: December-13-2005 at 11:57am
    "EXTRA - EXTRA" READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!!!
Northern-Midwest Correct Craft Reunion Dates Are Set!!

Its official, JULY 14th ,15th&16th
   at Green Lake Wisconsin

We need to be thinking about "things to do" (i here rumors of the stones or some other equally important band attending ;) -and may start a suggestion post a little later)-

BUT first its going to be important to get reservations set!    I or mojoman will post info on what we hope to be "base camp" hotel(s) as well as info on camp grounds etc. Probably by mid-next week. Its going to be the responsibility of each person/family attending to call and set yours...

PLEASE take the time to make your plans RIGHT NOW!!!!!! We wont have a lot of time. Im still checking to see how long they will hold rooms. (there are hotels already sold out for that weekend)
So talk with your wife ,kids, dog or whoever in the next few days...BUT PLAN TO ATTEND!!!!!!
Also ... remember all years of boats and ages of people are encouraged to come!!!! Lets overflow the place!!!!
Hope to See You in GREEN!

Thanks....62
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 12:45pm
Thanks 62 Wood..
Let me expound on this a little further to aid in the decision making... There are plenty of hotels in and around the Green Lake area. Camping as well.

All the hotels up there in this area are small 10-20 room, single floor type places. The Heidel House is a large on water "posh" hotel for $300+ a night accommodations, but without dockside mooring at all.. So there are places to stay regardless.

The Bayview is on the water, within walking distance to everything in town and is a great place to meet up after a day of boating/skiing etc. It is in the mouth of the Marina, so boats are protected from waves/wakes etc. The owner allows for tie ups to several piers free of chage with the room res.

Steve is right, after the first, these rooms will fill completely. I realize we have a following for the 15th weekend, but we may want to look into a week before and take advantage of these rooms on the water. We can have them held without deposit until Christmas. Then they are up for grabs..

The Chamber of Commerce is also willing to help us reserve a public shelter at the county beach/launch for either days of the weekend. This is a great spot for pull up anchoring and wading in from ski runs..

If we can get a show of names of people maybe not interested in hotels vs. camping vs. they don't really care where they stay.. We can get things rolling. Sorry for the pressure, but summer is summer..

Name   Date Prefered    Camp/Hotel

Mojo       8th or 15th      NA
62 Wood    Either OK        Hotel
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Name   Date Prefered    Camp/Hotel

Mojo       8th or 15th      NA
62 Wood    Either OK        Hotel
81Nautique 15th             Camping
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 1:42pm
Mojo, 62 Wood,

Thanks for all your help on this thing!!! Stang and I went ahead and set this thing for july 15th....We figured that if we dont set it we'll never get things solidified, Sound good to you guys? Hopefully we can find enough rooms to accomodate all? I Have an RV that i will be staying in, so no reservations are needed for myself. Stang mentioned to me that a few of his buddies that have a blues type band will be comming and will give us all a chance to throw back a few beverages off water and for us musicians a chance to jam. So the public shelter is a great idea... Thanks again and i hope that the 15th will work? As you say lodging will fill up fast so grab em up while the getting is good! Let me know....Will The 15th work OK?

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 1:53pm
Paul,
There is only a matter of accommodations to be had while everyone decides as the months grow shorter. The 15th is good for me and 62'Wood.

I can certainly be called on as the "Cruise Director" for the gathering. I'm happy to do it !!!. The only thing I cannot do is hold rooms for anyone. This is going to be up to the individuals as they see and hear of the reunion. Come first of the year, all Green Lake hotels will book up. I can vouch for all of them since I have stayed at them all. So if anyone has any questions, please feel free. It's first come first serve..

Other than that I can plan, with a few of you, the activities for a really nice weekend up in Green Lake. The band idea is fantastic... We should plan on that Sat night..

OK, it's the 15th MARK YOUR CALENDARS !!!!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 3:38pm
I have checked and there are some rooms available for the 14th & 15th. I will call and set up details with them and post ASAP!

67 and stang thanks for "supplying" a band!!! and helping solidify a date.....

See you on July 14-16th!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 5:08pm
14th - 15th it is! lets proceed !

Bayview sounds good preferred...2 rooms
camping is not a problem though.

soooo we need to start booking things right???

ya all ready to go!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 5:15pm
Joel...have ya been to the site yet? Yes ...the band thing....would be the icing on the cake!

Hurry up and join the site , get that SN posted and prepare for fun!!!!!
stang

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 8:38pm
Stang; I'm sure you guys will take lots of pics to post for us guys that can't make it that far. Those of us in the other areas gotta get something goin'. We'll follow your lead. For sure we gotta do something for the Orlando "official" reunion......john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 10:30pm
jbear...Damn I wish you could come....screw it ...get your ass here!!! if ya do I promise I will drive my behind to fla!!

if ya can't ....we will miss ya!

I'm sure ...some time in the near future , our paths will cross...look forward to that time!
stang

The Super Air

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 7:04am
Hey stang,

Do i need to bring drums, P.A. ect. ect. ect.?

Hey Wood & mojo,

Any hotties in town or on the lake?
Whats the view like at green lake?
Also Will any of us out of towners need any special passes or licences for boating? Hopefully not much of a lake patrol?

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 7:17am
Paul,

In regards to the band....my friend in Minn. wants to come and asked if we wanted a band...however , at this point he has not checked with everyone.I will update as soon as I here back from him

stang

The Super Air

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 7:33am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Hey stang,

Do i need to bring drums, P.A. ect. ect. ect.?

Hey Wood & mojo,

Any hotties in town or on the lake? Whats the view like at green lake?
Also Will any of us out of towners need any special passes or licences for boating? Hopefully not much of a lake patrol?

Paul,

OK Paul, here's what to expect..

Hotties: yes there will be some eye candy found in and around the GreenLake area. They might be wear'n flannel but what "da hey der" Now, if you're swing'n an ax or beat'n the Toms, you'll be in good shape..

Boating: na, hell there is no special tags or issues to be concerned with. There is heavy DNR action at times. Just keep your boat registration up to speed and enough flotation on the boat (am I'm not talking the 2 legg'd type as we've seen on your craft) afterall, there are some "lady" DNR agents out there hahaha

You'll have a blast on this water.. Mid day if it's windy the middle will rock your teeth with waves, but there's ways around it.. Come Friday night when we all meet and toss a few down I will provide everyone with lake maps and go over a few lake tips and sites as your MC

Rock n Roll..
Moj'

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 11:52am
Moj',

Kick Ass!!!!!! Thats all i needed. We will be down i think by fri. afternoon so we can check out the local refreshment joints (if you know what i mean) Maybee you,wood,stang and myself can hook up for some cocktails?(and anyone else obviously that makes it down) Also, have the local ski nautique dealers got wind off this thing yet? I'll bet we could draw a crowd...Whadda ya wanna bet. You know...with this thing set now its gonna be a really long winter waiting for this thing to happen!! I even went to the local blues jam night last night just to get a feel for the blues jam we might have.

paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 12:15pm
Paul,
I'll be there long before you.. and yes I'll be waiting to introduce you to our local (second home)in down town..

Yes, we are working on a list of all midwest CC dealers and will do some creative marketing on behalf of the group.. I'm sure some will bite !!

Long winter indeed !!!!

Moj
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 1:51pm
Mojo, shoot me an email when you get a minute. Want to run something by you.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Mojo, shoot me an email when you get a minute. Want to run something by you.

You've got mail..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 8:34pm
Stang; Wish I could come but it's just to far. You guys are gonna have an awesome time. It would be so cool to meet some of you guys. And check out Paul's boat. What color is it anyhow?! What a great site we got here (thanks to Keith) for all us guys to "hangout" on. Anytime you feel the need for some winter skiing you got an open invite down here.....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 7:51am
Jbear,

My boat color is Torch red...The same stock color of 70 SS Chevell and the stripes are same color and dimmentions of a 67 fastback mustang GT350. You must get your Hot weathered all year round ass down here!! Must be nice to have that weather all the time. I'm jealous!!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
roadkingpuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 11:34am
Newbie question: Where in WI is Green Lake?
Thanks
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 11:55am
Green Lake Wi is about an hour and a half north of Milwaukee and / or Madison. ...

Should find it on mapquest, etc ,ok
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 2:01pm
Roadking...A buddy of mine wants to come...he lives near St.Paul...Buffalo (south of you)...I think we figured about 4.5 hrs! Thats shorter than most of the other travelers!See how it looks for you!
stang

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 2:44pm
So, if I were to fly in from California, where would be the best location to fly? Milwaukee? Madison? Chicago? Hell of a long way for a 3 day weekend, and without my own boat, but I think it might be fun. If you don't jump in, life has a way of passing you by.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 5:20pm
Madison..or Milwaukee are both pretty close!
BKH...love your att*tude! Your right...jumpin in...or you miss out!
It would be cool if you come! No one gets left on the dock!
stang

The Super Air

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 8:24pm
Hey Hallpass.I am 3 minutes from the Madison airport.At this point i am boatless but hope to have a Big Block Powered Nautique by then.If not we can be passengers.

(608)242-1950
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2005 at 8:57pm
Hots. Sounds great. I'll try to work it out in the next couple of weeks. Wife says I should go, so I'm inclined to make it happen.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2005 at 7:44am
BHP,
Green is really right inbetween taking the West Routes out of Madison and the East Routes from Milwaukee. Your cheapest fares will be into Chicago however. From Califonia, you would probably connect from O'Hare to Madison.. Either way we'll make sure you get up there quickly to enjoy the fun of Paul, his "harem" and Fender Strat in tow !!! LOL....
Moj'
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2005 at 8:20am
Since we are at Green lake, We need to capture a moto for the ladies at the lake.....You know like if we were at Beaver lake we'd be doing a beaver run (right after the beer run) So Whats it gonna be at green lake moj'? You guys will definatly need nick names like Mojo'risn and woody,Stanger.... I know pretty cheesy huh. Just call me P Dog master funk G. LOL
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2005 at 8:55am
Well, this is going to take some thought... Afterall, there is "Green" in the t*tle hahahahaha...

Moj'
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2005 at 3:17pm
Hey P-Dog Master... oh forget the rest LMAO.. OK, well we always say we're going "Goose" hunting, since the local watering hole is called the Goose-Blind.. In honor of Green Lake and in staying with the bird hunting motif, we call always go "Green Tail" hunting???

Bad, oh yes, it's bad...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 26>
  Share Topic