NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My 75 Torino (IS NOT)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 75 Torino (IS NOT)
    Posted: December-13-2005 at 6:08pm
I thought I bought a 75 Torino , but after some research , I now know it can't be a 75 . because Torinos weren't made that year. No hull # anywhere in the , at least six places I was tood to look. I called Holman Moody today and they informed me , the engine was built in 1970... so I feel like it's a 70 or 71 model.The following are all the #s I could find..9E27 090E 9425E...Eohm 4166-2-RW...(the EOHM I was told by Lee Hollman meant that the engine was built in 1970). Finally, there is an aluminum tag mounted to the intake that reads 351 W 70 4
      A15 K207-A66
The top part of the tag pretty much self explaining, 351 Winsor 1970 4 is either the month or the carb. or 4 bolt main. Do any of these numbers mean anything to anyone?
I would REALLY like to know what year boat I have and what model. At this point, I am not even sure if I have a Torino, although, the hull is either a Torino or Seperator or ??

Hopefully my signature will change soon...
Scott
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 6:46pm
Spoiler! That is the other V drive that had that hull!They are kinda hard to tell the diff.

What ever it is it's cool! And yellow paint as your wife suggested might look good!

There is a member that has a torino in the diary sect. There are only three including the one you bought...can't remember which one is his , but in his "story" he mentions owning a torino and a separator...contact him..maybe he can tell you what yours is!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 6:49pm
The guys name is Thomas Ryan...I should have remembered that...he gave me some info on the orange promo SN...he's got one of those too!

I guess those v drives are fast as h-ll....better get strapped in!
stang

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 9:09pm
Stang thanks for the name..will keep ya posted

Spoiler...I gotta check it out

Thanks Scott (70-72 Spoiler,Torino,Seperator)
my new signature ha ha
Scott
Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2005 at 9:37pm
What is this one? Has me tempted, but its so far from Philly PA.   http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/4/80088254.htm
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Mercrewser Mercrewser wrote:

What is this one? Has me tempted, but its so far from Philly PA.   http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/4/80088254.htm
                                           could not find that one
Scott
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 11:13am
It's a 16' v-drive. Ad says 69 model.Asking $2900. www.federalmarine.net 954-779-7559.
Bob Ed
83 2001
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 11:55am
Bob Ed,

could be a Torino. I noticed no ladder or platform. What engine? Picture looks good. I would call and get more details...thats only asking price.Where is it?
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by scott8370 scott8370 wrote:

Bob Ed,

could be a Torino. I noticed no ladder or platform. What engine? Picture looks good. I would call and get more details...thats only asking price.Where is it?
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 12:14pm

Bob Ed,

I went to that site, clicked on the picture....it reads...you are unauthorized to view this site..I can restore boats..wife says I can't use computer..shes right
Scott
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 12:49pm
Here is the text of the ad from Boat Trader, and it's in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
DESCRIPTION
1969 Correct Craft ski, 16' 16 1969 Correct Craft 350cc I/B Remember when you where a kid everyone wanted a Correct Craft? All original garage kept for the past 10 years. Runs great, rebuilt carburetor, use as is or restore to collectors status. Own apiece of nautical history for only $2,900.00. Please call or visit www.federalmarine.net 954-779-7559.
Bob Ed
83 2001
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 2:16pm
I'm going to call on that one tomorrow, if you don't want to. you got first dibbs on it... could be a good one..could be some more junk. Ya never know till ya call. I usually stay away from anything around salt water..but thats just me. let me know
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Bob's2001 Bob's2001 wrote:

Here is the text of the ad from Boat Trader, and it's in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
DESCRIPTION
1969 Correct Craft ski, 16' 16 1969 Correct Craft 350cc I/B Remember when you where a kid everyone wanted a Correct Craft? All original garage kept for the past 10 years. Runs great, rebuilt carburetor, use as is or restore to collectors status. Own apiece of nautical history for only $2,900.00. Please call or visit www.federalmarine.net 954-779-7559.

I think I read this ad before..maybe about a year ago
Scott
Mercrewser View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercrewser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2005 at 8:29pm
To far for me. Boattrader has a habit of renewing ads of boats that are already sold.
1969 Chris Craft Commander SS #39
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2005 at 11:51am
I have a 1971 Separator and the Boat ID info is on the aluminum plate by the shift lever
Example - Mine reads SEP-1117 .
Boat companies were not required to put hull Id #s on the back of the boats until 1973
Mike
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2005 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

I have a 1971 Separator and the Boat ID info is on the aluminum plate by the shift lever
Example - Mine reads SEP-1117 .
Boat companies were not required to put hull Id #s on the back of the boats until 1973
Mike

Mike

There is no aluminum plate by the shifter or anywhere else....Since my t*tle reads 1975 Torino and none were built..that year. I think that means I own a one of a kind boat.

For Sale: 1975 Torino one of a kind. Call soon before someone steels it from me...For only $49999.00 obo.
Scott
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2005 at 10:05pm
I'll wait to see how good your paint looks first....

Torino...Separator...Spoiler...75 ????

It is a correct Craft right?
stang

The Super Air

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 6:12am
Scott,

I think you must be wrong. I don't think it is a one of a kind worth $49,999. I think it is obviously a cheap korean knock-off worth next to nothing. But being as I am such a nice guy, I will take it off your hands for, oh I don't know, how about $50.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 7:16am
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

I'll wait to see how good your paint looks first....

Torino...Separator...Spoiler...75 ????

It is a correct Craft right?

I don't know what I have here... thats for sure..but..what ever model and year it is it's a Correct Craft and I love it and the paint will shine. I hope we can make it to the reunion this summer so i can show it off and mybe solve the mystery.

Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 7:42am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Scott,

I think you must be wrong. I don't think it is a one of a kind worth $49,999. I think it is obviously a cheap korean knock-off worth next to nothing. But being as I am such a nice guy, I will take it off your hands for, oh I don't know, how about $50.

If I hold out until I paint...maybe I can get $60.00-61.00
Scott
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 7:55pm
All goofing around aside for a moment...Does any one know the story of Torino Separator and now Spoiler (I never heard of that one before) Only Separators are in the brochures, but there are a few Torinos out there in the Diaries. Why not in brochures?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 9:17pm
I know nothing about these boats. However,
I think it is interesting that in the 68 brochure, the boat under the t*tle Separator say "Spoiler" down its side. Also I think
it is interesting that in the 75 Brochure, the Separator has a single piece windshield and appears exactly as the 3 boats called Torinos in the diaries section.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 10:37pm
Bkh...way to go! They must have been lazy(CC)...some pics in ref. sect. broshures are the same as another years brochure...

anyway...Scotts 75 torino could be a 75 separator!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 11:18pm
Just thinking out loud, I wonder if the Torino model of the Separator was some kind of tie in with the Ford Torino. I believe
the Ford Cars were made from 68 or 69 through 75 or 76. It seems less than coincidental that these boats were made during the same years. My theory is that the Torinos automobiles were known for high performance engines, 302s, 390s, 429s, and even BOSS, and
so perhaps the Torino model of boat featured one of the high performance motors. Just a thought. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2005 at 11:37pm
Another Theory: What kind of trailer is this
boat on? There is a Torino Trailer company.
Like Correct Craft, it is out of Florida. Also, like Correct Craft, seems to be a very religious company quoting scripture on its website. Possible the Torino refers to the Trailer????

BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 5:30am
I don't know if this is true or not, but someone I talked to once speculated it, that CC linked their model names to the auto engines they had: hence mustang was ford, but the virtually identical skylark was buick, and the barracuda was a chrysler. Could be something to that.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 6:07am
If I remember right (as I talked with the owner of the boat before Scott picked it up), that they were the original owners????

Scott- have you asked them about this mystery?? They were in Southern Wisconsin right??

Moj
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

If I remember right (as I talked with the owner of the boat before Scott picked it up), that they were the original owners????

Scott- have you asked them about this mystery?? They were in Southern Wisconsin right??

Moj

Goood Memory

Thy were the second owners. They do live in S. Wisconson. I asked him about it, and he never could find out the year and model. This will give me a good reason to attend some of these reunions. Hey by the way..I'm down to either all white with green stripes (your idea) or ...now dig this....Solid metalflake Silver.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:07am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Just thinking out loud, I wonder if the Torino model of the Separator was some kind of tie in with the Ford Torino. I believe
the Ford Cars were made from 68 or 69 through 75 or 76. It seems less than coincidental that these boats were made during the same years. My theory is that the Torinos automobiles were known for high performance engines, 302s, 390s, 429s, and even BOSS, and
so perhaps the Torino model of boat featured one of the high performance motors. Just a thought. BKH

It does have a 351W (Ford engine)...Ford Torino
Scott
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:58am
Scott...are you sure they did not have the torino in 75? They had the separator then....pretty much the same boat right?
Have you checked with Correct Craft?
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic