NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer originality

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer originality
    Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:21pm
What would I look for to verify my trailer is original to my boat? 1981 ski tique
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:23pm
Have a picture?
Brian
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:29pm
Ya. On my home computer. Ill post them when i get home. Thanks..
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:29pm
The bill of sale would be great. Do you have the original? Without it, it's only a guess that the trailer is the proper size and it was sold with the boat.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 1:34pm
To Pete's point, you would need the original bill of sale from the dealer if you wanted to know if the trailer you currently have was sold with the boat originally.

If you just want to know if the trailer is an original Correct Craft, of the proper age and size for the boat (all the really matters, IMHO), then a few pictures will allow us to confirm that (or not).
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 9:32pm
Maybe on the newer trailers Tim and Pete? The factory at one time must have kept track wouldn't you think? I was told my trailer was the original one shipped with my boat. Most likely to Cypress Gardens with the prototype guides
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I was told my trailer was the original one shipped with my boat. Most likely to Cypress Gardens with the prototype guides

Well, we do know one thing and that is CC record keeping was never the greatest!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 10:43pm
Gary,

I am glad to see that you have taken the guides off in-order to keep people from stealing them. You may want to get Lloylds of London to insure those guides. Maybe consider running them through Barrett Jackson to let others enjoy them.

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 11:15pm
Don I may have to send them to an undisclosed location for safety. Witness protection??
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2012 at 11:55pm
Guys my computer is being honory. Getting them reduced in size is a pita. Will get on tomm and get them posted.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2012 at 1:59pm
It's always the tool's fault.
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2012 at 2:13am
Cant get the pics up. Someone told me the trailer wasnt cc. It has the drop braces underneath and the stops on the front. Only thing i see thats wierd is the winch mount. Looks added. It has flat steel fenders that has the shape of half of an octagon. Measurements i got from here match up to a number two trailer. I'll see if i get the wife to load the pics i have on my phone.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2012 at 6:30am
thats cc
This is the life
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 6:56pm
[/IMG]
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 6:57pm
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 6:59pm
Just an extra. I do believe you should wrap your ass in fiberglass!
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 7:01pm
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 7:31pm
It would have been painted white originally, but thats a period correct #2- so its probably the one that came with the boat in '81.
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 8:21pm
So how was the winch set up originally?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2012 at 10:36pm
Vic,
It looks like a #2 to me too. There were no winches set up on the trailers so it must have been added and most likely when the PO painted the trailer black.

BTW, why did you post the picture of a vet and the pick up? Does it relate to the trailer?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 2:21am
Posting the vett was initially an accident. I didnt delete because i figured it was fiberglass also and some might enjoy. Sorry
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 2:23am
If no winch was installed originally, what secured the boat on the trailor?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 10:46am
The turnbuckle was the front tie down. The trailer was designed as a drive on. Nice boat by the way. You must be a Bud Light guy, I see.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 11:09am
Thanks for the complement, yeah im a bud guy. The turnbuckle set up where could i find one to replace, or is there a good reason for the winch install. I know this boat and its not completely original, but the things that can be returned to original I would like to do so.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 2:09pm
Vic,
Yes, I agree with Chris that the turnbuckle would have have been the original means of the forward tie down. There are a couple reasons for adding a winch. Some simply like myself do not care for a drive on trailer. I prefer to winch it on the last couple feet. The winch will also pull the front of the boat up to more closely match the angle of the trailer on steep ramps. Last is there are areas that are banning power loading due to the damage (erosion) it does to the ramp. I have seen some ramps where the concrete mats have gone into the abyss!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 3:03pm
Vic,
Where in SC are you located? I'm outside of Columbia in Lexington.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Vic,

Im in Anderson. I looked at another Tique for sale in akin a month or so ago.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by forvicjr forvicjr wrote:

Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Vic,

Im in Anderson. I looked at another Tique for sale in akin a month or so ago.

Funny, I was in Anderson this morning.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic