Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing Prop on 87 Martinique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing Prop on 87 Martinique
    Posted: December-16-2005 at 7:33pm
Hey there i have an 87 Martinique. I need to remove the prop to replace it or fix it. Im wondering the best way to do this. It seems that the rudder will get in the way so does it have to be removed first? If so how do you pull it off. Thanx for the help.
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 3:42pm
No all you needis a prop puller, or a small brass hammer. If you use a hammer be very very careful not to damage anything the best way is going to be the prop puller. Brad
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
surroundsound64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Bradley950 Bradley950 wrote:

No all you needis a prop puller, or a small brass hammer. If you use a hammer be very very careful not to damage anything the best way is going to be the prop puller. Brad

I use a rubber mallet and a block of wood. Put the wood between the prop and mallet, you get how the rest works.
1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Looking for a 2000-2006 SAN
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2005 at 8:26pm
A prop puller is well worth the money!! Its A $100.00 well spent (for the whole kit). Some props just dont come off easy, and prevents costly damage. Just my 2 cents... (By the way, is someones 2 cents ever going to go up in price???)
surroundsound64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundsound64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2005 at 10:58am
Originally posted by JEFF KOSTIS JEFF KOSTIS wrote:

A prop puller is well worth the money!! Its A $100.00 well spent (for the whole kit). Some props just dont come off easy, and prevents costly damage. Just my 2 cents... (By the way, is someones 2 cents ever going to go up in price???)

You'd think it would have become more expensive here in the last few years since everything else has! hehe.

A prop puller is definately a good idea if you're going to be pulling the prop very often.

I think in the 6 or 7 yrs the boat has been in my posession it's only come off a few times, not making it worth buying the puller.

1981 Ski Nautique
2000 SAN

Looking for a 2000-2006 SAN
87martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 6:37pm
Not really expecting to take the prop off too much so I dont really wanna get the prop puller right now. Is there anyone out there that lives near Wichita Falls, Texas that can give me some assistance with getting the prop off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic