Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Want To Buy 77-79 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
n2zcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2zcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want To Buy 77-79 SN
    Posted: December-29-2005 at 10:29pm
Hello All:

I thought I had a done deal to purchase a '79 Ski Nautique that was listed here, then the seller flaked out on me.

Since then, I have attempted contact with three other sellers in the For Sale section via this site's links. No replies after two weeks.

I'm not sure if the email forwarding from Correctcraftfan.com is causing anti-spam software to dump my emails or if there is some other problem.

If anyone has a '77-'79 SN in decent shape and is serious about selling, please call me. I can be reached at 615-293-6661 (cell). If I don't answer, please leave a message.

I'd prefer a boat within a day's drive from Nashville, TN, but I'm flexible.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Leutgens
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 6:00am
mines about 5-6 hours from nashville, what are you wanting to spend?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 7:01am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

mines about 5-6 hours from nashville, what are you wanting to spend?

Chris,
I emailed you about your boat a few days ago and didn't get a response. Maybe the messages aren't being linked correctly....

Drop me an email
d.dorsen@worlnet.att.net

Thanks
Mojo'
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 6:00pm
79; Sorry to hi-jack this post but...noticed you said you were 5-6 hours from Nashville...we have a summer place on Norris...you close to there?...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 7:30pm
John I'm 5-6 hours north, my mom has a place by dale hollow and a friend of mine has a slip on norris for the coming year
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2005 at 7:44pm
79; My place is at Hickory Star. We will be there for the month of July. GREAT water. Lots of coves for footin'. Glass all week. We gotta hook up if you are planing on visiting your friend. Not to far from Dale Hollow either....john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2005 at 6:10am
Mojo
I tried your e-mail address above and it didn't go through try e-mailing me again
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2006 at 5:58pm
Hey Jbear
We sold our summer home on Cumberland lake last year, and now looking for another. Either at Cumberland or Norris..Actually a lot, then build later...Maybe we'll see you in Orlando and Norris this year...Would love to have a cc reunion at either lake this summer..a 4-5 hr drive for us
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2006 at 8:16pm
scott8370; Didn't you sat you were planning a trip to your bro's in the Tampa area? If so, ya got an invite over here to Lake Wales. We will get something going for the Orlando reunion, at least a banner or some other way to mark an area where ww all can meet up. Been to Cumberland many years ago. Was nice. Been going to Norris for 30 years now. Gotta love those big smooth clean TVA lakes......john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2006 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

scott8370; Didn't you sat you were planning a trip to your bro's in the Tampa area? If so, ya got an invite over here to Lake Wales. We will get something going for the Orlando reunion, at least a banner or some other way to mark an area where ww all can meet up. Been to Cumberland many years ago. Was nice. Been going to Norris for 30 years now. Gotta love those big smooth clean TVA lakes......john

John
Just checked out that 80...That boat aint ugly. I'd love to have that one
Scott
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 7:30am
I have a '77 Martinique for sale. Same hull as SN, just no tracking fins (skegs?). Boat is in physically good condition with a few gelcoat imperfections due to age NOT damage or abuse.
n2zcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2zcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2006 at 10:39pm
Hey All,

Looks like I'm now the one flaking out, but in my own defense, I never did get that phone call.

Just returned from the Nashville Boat and Sports Show, where I have little doubt I made the first boat purchase of the event.

BTW, if anyone reading this is nearby, this is an EXCELLENT show with hundreds of boats in a great facility. The boats on display were overflowing out of the MASSIVE Nashville Convention Center and were also on display on surrounding streets. $8.00 for adults, kids under 12 free. Huge variety of boat types and lots of ski boats and gear on display. Curious how they got some of the massive yachts and houseboats into the building. http://www.nashvilleboatshow.com/ It ends on Sunday 1/15/06.

Went to look at Nautiques, but ended up stealing a new Moomba Mobius instead.

I must also say that the new Mastercrafts on display were looking pretty sharp. Would have been my second choice if pushed to it.

I grew up on a Nautique and will always be a loyal fan. Hope you guys trying to sell here eventually hook up with a buyer. This is a great site, but I think something may be broken regarding the links connecting buyers and sellers.

Jim
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 5:58am
Jim,
I do agree.. Many emails I have sent to sellers on this site seemingy do not make it to there destinations (since I rarely ever get them returned). Keith, maybe you can help us to understand how these work..

In the meantime, if there is a way for many of you sellers to post phone numbers in you ads, I thinkit may help your cause and connect us with you..

Mojo
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 8:56am
Did you buy that Moomba from Lee Tudor at the Ski Hut?

n2zcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2zcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by 82tique 82tique wrote:

Did you buy that Moomba from Lee Tudor at the Ski Hut?

82Tique:

No, but I did talk with a guy at their booth - I think his name was Steve - nice guy. He said Ski Hut is no longer selling Moombas because the manufacturer wants them to carry the whole line of Supras and Moombas, or nothing at all. They were displaying Tige' boats at their booths. They had the best ski/wakeboard booths at the show, hands down.

I bought mine from Alabama Watersports. They're just across the state line.

Strangely, I received a requested brochure from the Moomba manufacturer in the mail today and they still listed Ski Hut as the local rep.

I should probably clarify - I bought a new '05 Mobius LSV, not the '06. It has about 12 demo hours on it. I was told that the '05 Mobius and the '06 Outback are essentially the same boat. I think Ski Hut has the same boat I bought in their current inventory (it's on they're site at skihut.com), but I was a little antsy about buying from them if they're no longer a dealer.

I've been looking at forums, and the consensus is that the '06 Mobius is superior to the '05. The negative comments about the '05 are based mainly on the way it sits. Saw no complaints anywhere about performance or build quality.

Regardless, what a deal! With the same equipment, the '06 Outback LSV retails for about 10k more than I paid.

Still kinda wish I could have hooked a Nautique -- maybe someday. For now, I'm pretty pleased, though. Can't wait for spring.

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic