NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage "Correct Craft" Emblems for sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage "Correct Craft" Emblems for sale
    Posted: January-04-2006 at 11:05am
I'm trying to gauge interest in the chrome Correct Craft emblems that came on the pre mid 70's boats.

I have a '65 boat that is missing the emblems and have determined that they are basically unobtainable.

How many of you would be interested? How much would you be willing to spend on a set of emblems?

I would be willing to do the work to get them reproduced, I will do this for no profit, I will charge a bit more than they cost and donate the proceeds to the website. Its a great way to support Kieth and a great bunch of Correct Craft Fans.

I will be looking for a pristine emblem as a model for the reproduction. The emblem could be returned unharmed.

The total amount of demand will affect the cost of each pc.

I've talked to a couple of people regarding this project, If any folks on the forums have expertise in this area please share.

Thanks

Gary

bwooton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwooton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 12:05pm
i need some, and support the cause.
Thanks Bobby

there's no replacement for displacement
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 2:26pm
Have you seen these?
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by 82tique 82tique wrote:

Have you seen these?

I used them on a 71 Skier that I bought to sell after restoring. From three feet away they looked just ok..thats all I'm going to say about that
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 6:49pm
Gary

I have a chrome set you could borrow until April-May in great shape. Let me know...By the way..I would Gladly pay 100.00 or more for a set if I needed them.
Scott
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 9:14pm
I just checked last week with a guy locally that does custom-cast emblems for cars. Along with my 64 CC American Skier, Im restoring a wooden 62 "Higgins" inboard.

Im not sure on a "Correct Craft" emblem,but he can repoduce my Higgins emblems ,cast in zink for around $20 each. They then need to be chromed and that would cost about $20-25 each at a local chrome shop. The big "catch" is it cost about $200 to make a mold from an original emblem.He can then cast around 100 pcs. So, after the initial 200 bucks, the cost per emblem isnt too bad.

One last thing, The Higgins company is out of business. Im not sure if Correct Craft would have to aprove (and charge?) for the use of their logo/name?   
Let me know what you think?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 9:38pm
good point... trademark laws..but people repaint cc logos all the time. remaking a emblem is no different...or is it?..but remaking them to sell, is something else..Gary did say no profit... better Call cc and ask!
Scott
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 10:30pm
My emblems are terribly pitted, for a metal set with a good chrome I would pay upto a hundred dollars a pair. For plastic with a good looking finish probably 75, wouldn't pay the 10 dollars a piece for the ones linked above unless I was planning to sell the boat I would rather have my pitted originals.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 5:54am
Scott and Joe

Thanks for the information, Scott I e-mailed you my mailing adress, thanks for the help.

I have thought some about the trademark issues here. I'm going to figure out potential demand and cost per pair before I go to Correct craft for permission, if it turns out there is very little demand, I'll simple have a couple of sets made for my boat and and few spare sets for my freinds.

If I think that there is enough interest I'll try to get approval from CC to distrubute them through this site.

Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2006 at 8:53pm
I made a mold for the plastic w/ black lettering 70's emblems and produced some for sale on this site. I did request permission from Correct Craft Corp. to reproduce the emblems. After several months I received written permission to make and sell the emblems. I must pay Correct Craft $5.00 per emblem for this as a royalty.
I have sold approx. 20 sets so far and am close to getting my costs covered.
Like you, I started this project because I needed a pair for my own boat an thought someone else might need them also.
Stan C
barr68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2006 at 4:39am
I would be intrested in a pair for my 68 Barracuda. $100 sounds about right if the quality is good.Ready to buy. Jim B.
tjackle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2006 at 4:22pm
Stan C
I need a set of plastic lettering for my 78 Nautique. Are the ones you make white plastic with black lettering? How much and how can I get them from you?
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2006 at 11:13pm
Tjackle
Yes the ones I have are the 78 white plastic W/black lettering, e-mail me and I will send a picture of the emblems and info on how to get them. My e-mail address is rumstan@aol.com
Stan C
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 11:25am
I purchased a set of emblems from Stan , They were perfect !!!!!!!!!!! I was really happy when I opened the tube they were shipped in
worth every penny !!!!!!!!!!
Mike
bwooton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwooton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2006 at 12:32pm
stan, i need a set of emblems.how much and how do you want to be paid?

my e- mail is bobbywooton@bellsouth.net
Thanks Bobby

there's no replacement for displacement
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2006 at 1:35am
I'm one of those people that bnought emblems from Stan and I have to agree with everything that nautique frk said. Stan's emblems are top notch and worth every penny
Keno
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2006 at 7:16am
You might want to try a local hot rod shop or custom bike shop with a water jet machine.Have them make them out of stainless-think it's easier and alot cheaper than molds,etc.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2006 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Lakeview Lakeview wrote:

You might want to try a local hot rod shop or custom bike shop with a water jet machine.Have them make them out of stainless-think it's easier and alot cheaper than molds,etc.

Yeah except the cost for stainless right now is at an all time high..(Importer of metal products)... Good idea though, you will definitly defer the cost for the cast tooling..

Moj'
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2006 at 5:41am
Hi all- I've got one emblem leftover from my 65 Cuda. Previous owner had 4 or 5 made up and this one was never used. It looks like it was cast out of aluminum(?) and was never polished. the edges are still a little rough and will need to be smoothed out before installing on the boat. These were on the sides and the dash board of my 65 Cuda. They look GREAT on the boat!!
I have a couple digital photos of the emblem- please email me if you're interested or just post a reply on this thread and I'll get them to ya.
-Brad
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2006 at 9:31am
If these chrome emblems are the ones that are on the center dash, I need one, 1978 had one on the vertical part of the dash facing rear.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 5:56am
After making some phone calls, I found someone else who is in the process of getting the emblems reproduced, he said to check back in 3 weeks and he would have availability, and pricing.

I'll post the results when I get them.

Gary
JrCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 8:37pm
What ever happened to the emblems that guy was reproducing? Did you get a price on how much they are?
If any one else knows on how to get the vintage CorrectCraft chrome emblems shoot me a e-mail thanks. James
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2006 at 11:57pm
I'll call, too busy with other stuff (work...).

I'll post results if I get any.

Thanks,

Gary
airchaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airchaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 3:00pm
Any updates on emblems? I have a 65 Mustang in need of rear Correct Craft emblems. Also, where can you get the original bow navigation light fixture?
coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 4:30pm
Im in on some emblems I also need the rear stickers from the 70's
66wldcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66wldcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2006 at 8:11am
I am in the process of restorring a 66 Wildcat and am in need of a pair of CC emblems. I would gladly purchase a set from you. One question though, are the emblems the same size for every boat? Thank you in advance for all of your leg work.
Anthony
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2006 at 10:13am
Sorry for the lack of response, the contact that was going to have these reproduced has shelved the project until the fall.

I'll let you know if and when I here anything, in the meantime I think I'm going to have some mylar decals cut at the local sign shop.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2006 at 2:10pm
DrCC Wrote

brandons,
    Like these?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/DrCC-74/74CCemblm-02.jpg

If you are handy with a spray can and a rubber sanding block. You could have a pair exactly like these for under 40 dollars.

Here's how. Order new emblems from either Southeast or Midwest Correct Craft. Go to your local hardware store and buy 1 spray can of "Krylon Fusion" (Dover White) a 3M Rubber Sanding Block, 1 sheet of 400 grit, 1 sheet of 600 grit 3M Wet sand paper. Clean and spray emblems dover white. Let dry for over 24 hours. Wet sand lettering w/block, thru the white, thru the chrome, and wah-la, instant black on white emblems.

Here's the other side.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/DrCC-74/74CCemblm-01.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic