NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need parts for 71 promo Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need parts for 71 promo Nautique
    Posted: December-27-2012 at 6:25pm
Need parts for my 71 Promo Nautique

1- steering wheel

2- Airguide speedo for motor cover

thanks Paul,

913-219-3402 if you want to call

or e-mail me at paul.waters@bayer.com

1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2012 at 10:28pm
Paul,you didn't give us much to go on. What does one look like? Brochures don't show them. Like this? What about the hub,do you need that too?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2012 at 11:44pm
Wellllllll? .....Thats it? ....

You gonna fill us in on WHAT you are using them on?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 1:30am
Paul, I assume you're looking for the white faced Airguide wih kph on the outside? JMurph made some faces up for those so you can make a newer (more common) speedo look period correct.

Not cheap, but there's a steering wheel on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290740321497

Gary, the '71 promo was in the cover of the brochure that year- yellow boat with cursive lettering. There's a few around but not many. Reid has/had one.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 2:05am
D'oh, I meant the wheel Tim. Hard to look for something when you don't know what it is There are 2 kinds of those,the ones originally on mine and Johns SS were chromed steel,the one I have now(found on ebay) is stainless and that one you refer to looks stainless too. They don't come up very often.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 11:49am
The steering wheel in the picture on ebay would be correct...but i think the original one(on mine) is black not wood(or fake wood)and stainles cross bars with circle pattern.

Tim, You are correct...KPH on the outside MPH on the inside...white face... i will post some pics of it if i can figure out how to do it....it's been a while since i have posted pics.!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 11:55am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

The steering wheel in the picture on ebay would be correct...but i think the original one(on mine) is black not wood(or fake wood)and stainles cross bars with circle pattern.

Paul, the black rimmed steering wheel wasnt used until '73. The wood one is correct.

Here are the faces that JMurph has. Just find yourself a newer airguide with a black face and add this: 60's-70's white faces
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:17pm
Paul,
I have a wood grain wheel off the old 70 Wildcat. Spokes have some rust/pitting. Not sure how it would clean up. Can take some pics this weekend. Its your if you want it.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:18pm

Tim, You are correct...KPH on the outside MPH on the inside...white face... i will post some pics of it if i can figure out how to do it....it's been a while since i have posted pics.!

Paul,
Grab that wheel on ebay.. That is the correct one !!!!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:19pm
Mine should be the same as the one in the 1972 Promo pic in the reference section...it looks black aslo...should it have the round holes or rectangle shaped hole in the cross bar??

here is mine as it sits now...not correct but close

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:25pm
i'm thinking that i may have to send that guy on ebay an offer and see what happens?

you guys are right.....the circles in the cross bars is correct....here is a pic of steve workmans steering wheel..love that wheel steve.

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:25pm

Here's a closer look at the Promo dash. Paul needs the exact same speedo for the engine cover (it's missing)...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:26pm
Paul,
I think the wheel from the Wildcat has hexagon shaped holes in the spokes.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:29pm

i'm thinking that i may have to send that guy on ebay an offer and see what happens?

you guys are right.....the circles in the cross bars is correct....here is a pic of steve workmans steering wheel..love that wheel steve.

Paul,
I'm with you on my red wheel... "some" on the site are not as excited about it tho.

Altho the original owner swears that wheeel was on the 73, I would not judge it as what you need. My 73 has a couple of "unexplained" options that do not show on the literature that year.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Paul,
I think the wheel from the Wildcat has hexagon shaped holes in the spokes.

Yep, all the woodgrained wheels do (check the ebay one closely).

The black rimmed wheels have slots (2 slots on the larger ones used '73-77 and 1 slot on the smaller diameter wheels used '78-84). The first SN they showed up on were the red/white/blue '73's though. Prior to that would have gotten the wood grained wheels (like the orange '72 promos), or less common, the white plastic wheels used starting in ~'67. Id opt for the wood grain on an early 70's SN, personally.

The ref section is down, but Id take a close look at the yellow boat in the '71 brochure.

Steve, if that red flake wheel is original, then you must have a Cypress Gardens boat!    Seriously though- you can get those metal flake wheels (in any color) on ebay. The previous owner is either mistaken, or it was an ultra super secret rare and valuable option!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 12:44pm
Steve, if you ever get a chance to talk to Art Cozier I suggest you do so. In the many times we have talked in various places he always has a great CC story about something. He'll tell you that back in those days CC would go to great lengths to sell a boat and even customize one for the buyer if it meant that's what it took to seal the deal. If the owner says it's original it might very well be. Art may or may not be able to confirm it but I know he'll tell you that it's very possible that it is.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 1:06pm
Tim,
Not to get off topic (too far ) I have spoken with Art, he and Reid found the dealer invoice for my 73.

The original owner purchased the boat at a tournament in Ohio. He went with no plans to buy a boat. They were using the 73 as a tow boat, he fell in love with it and ended up trading his Mustang in on it. Part of the deal was CC was allowed to use it in two more tourneys.

Anyway, Paul, do the gauges set in a wood panel? Also, I see your hour meter has the typical plasic lens clouding.

VERY NICE!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 1:08pm
It's like this ladder. The original owner swears it's original O.E.M. stuff.. It certainly looks period correct, but who knows..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 1:17pm
Back to the speedo's. Tim, (TRB, too many Tims) do you know if the original faces were the off white.... both Pauls and mine are no where near as bright as the repro faces. Is it just natural aging of the paper?

And I do think my boat was probably a Cypress Gardens boat as well ...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 1:31pm
Those speedos actually have plastic faces, so Im guessing they werent as UV resistant as the later metal faced ones. I do believe they were bright white originally... all of the reproductions Ive seen (both metal faces and vinyl overlays) have been done that way.

Dean (from Classic Boat Works) reproduction:

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Back to the speedo's. Tim, (TRB, too many Tims)

..... That's why most people call me Foot! Well unless your Reid, he has to be different and calls me Footy!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 2:03pm
Paul,

I am so glad someone from this site got that boat. I love that boat.

Donald
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 2:52pm
thanks donald....now the hard part..RESTORATION time...

here is the motor (318)

the carpet is comming out and original white vinyl is going back in. Pete will be glad to know i'm going back all original.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:02pm
Paul, does the boat have 2 water pick ups or one? My '70 Stang (273) has 2 and Chris's '72 promo (318) has 1... cooling system set ups are similar but not the same. The engine looks great- but may have been repainted in a slightly different color? Reid knows what the original blue/green was.

Great news on the vinyl- I assume you know that you need Nautolex Shark? JMurph's '72 just got some laid down, it looks awesome. Do you have the original aluminum trim to go between the floor boards? Joe or Chris located some in the original style if you dont. You gonna be able to clean up the hull sides (I assume they have carpet glue?)? Im surprised the boat doesnt have ski pockets... let us know if you find remnants of them having been there at some point when the carpet comes up!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:06pm
Thats part of the fun Paul That wheel on ebay is real nice.I paid with shipping about 120 for only the wheel. If you don't go that route I have another,but it has 2 small cracks and the color is faded. I'll get some pictures.
Don I'm surprised you didn't catch Steve's Cypress Gardens comment. Everyone knows Cypress boats have Teleflex tach's
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:28pm
Tim,

I believe there is ony one water pick up....the boat has the original black side panels in it and they are perfect. I talked with Reid on engine paint and he is actually the one going to send me the vinyl. i assume it's the correct vinyl or Reid wouldn't have it or send it to me to put in this Promo boat. The floor in it is 3/4" plywood...i don't beleive that is correct size? and...there is no shaft access panel in the back(will be able to tell more when i take up the carpet)...Mojo can tell ya that the original owner said it didn't come with the access panel????not sure if that could be true or not??....i say NOT. With a little help from all you 70's guru's i should come up with everything to go back ALL original.....only time and money stand in the way.

you can see the side panels here a little bit.

Gary....i will keep that in mind and thanks for the offer....i probably will pull the trigger on the one on Ebay.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Don I'm surprised you didn't catch Steve's Cypress Gardens comment. Everyone knows Cypress boats have Teleflex tach's

Gary,
Dont you mean USED TO HAVE Teleflex tachs? I havent seen mine in 5 or 6 months!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Paul, does the boat have 2 water pick ups or one? My '70 Stang (273) has 2 and Chris's '72 promo (318) has 1... cooling system set ups are similar but not the same. The engine looks great- but may have been repainted in a slightly different color? Reid knows what the original blue/green was.

Great news on the vinyl- I assume you know that you need Nautolex Shark? JMurph's '72 just got some laid down, it looks awesome. Do you have the original aluminum trim to go between the floor boards? Joe or Chris located some in the original style if you dont. You gonna be able to clean up the hull sides (I assume they have carpet glue?)? Im surprised the boat doesnt have ski pockets... let us know if you find remnants of them having been there at some point when the carpet comes up!

Yes, It has dual pick ups Tim...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:41pm
If mine gets back before yours,we will have an idea where yours is
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

If mine gets back before yours,we will have an idea where yours is

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic