Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting 87 Ski

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
1980nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 7:59pm
Hello Zach, I need the Morse control with cables and do you still have one speedo with the rear tubes and Pitots PM with prices.
Thanks Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 8:01pm
Ken, be aware that the '80 and '87 used very different airguide speedos (surface vs. flush mount). Pitots and balance tubes do interchange though.

I would also budget for some new control cables- thats a maintenance item and theyre not that expensive (~$40/ea).
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2013 at 8:06pm
Ken, The control went an hour ago to another site member. The cabels are smooth and I could do for 10 bucks a piece or I could get you new ones with new cable ends.

Air guides were gone the first day. Pitots are a newer style but yours for the taking if you wish.
Oletela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oletela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 6:00pm
Zach, do you have the teak interior trim that are on the inside of the gunnel next to the dog house?
Thanks, Jake
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 11:29am
Hey Jake, the trim is partially there but it's rough. I had my wood guy run a full replacement set with screws included so you can just bolt in all the pieces. I should have the first two sets this week. I have arough idea on pricing and its pretty cheap for something you can just bolt in. He did a run test fited it and made a few adjustments to the final pieces. It should be pretty awesome.

That being said I will also have mahogany(dark) and walnut(light) shift knobs for anyone interested.
Oletela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oletela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 12:47pm
Zach, let me know when you get pricing on those, that would be awesome!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 12:49pm
I should know soon! It shold be cut and dry and very nice looking. We had enough complete from that boat for him to make exact copies even the rear "fins" in front of the rear corner seats.
RobH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2013 at 5:31pm
Zach:

I have a 1987 Nautique that I am restoring, and may have an interest in the dash pod. Could you send me a picture.

Thanks,

RobH
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 12:03am
Zach,
Is the platform available? And the brackets?
Thanks, John.
Old school goin back to school!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 2:08pm
Zach,

Does the hour meter work? Can you test it on a 12 Volt Battery? I need one, but I need to make sure it is of the same ventage as my hour meter. Can you send a picture to tilley166@bellsouth.net . Also a price, if it works to include shipping to 28037 ( Denver, NC).

Thanks,

Donald
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 2:41pm
Rob let me get a picture. Shoot me an email for pictures.

John, Platform is toast but the brackets are availiable

Don the hour meter does work. I can test it. Email me for prices.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 2:54pm
Don you mean you can put a hour meter from a regular everyday boat into a certified Cypress World Wiki Bartlet Promo boat? Would have saved me alot of chasing.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Don you mean you can put a hour meter from a regular everyday boat into a certified Cypress World Wiki Bartlet Promo boat? Would have saved me alot of chasing.

Gary,

The orginal one that is in the boat now is SOOOOOOOO Rare since it came from the d*ck Pope ( Sr/Jr) family I am pulling it out and putting it in the vault. I will replace with it with a good runner to keep the want a bee's from stealing the orginal one. It is so hard trying to be a care taker for such a piece of history.

Donald
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Gary:

Don't you get it? Don is selling the boat.......... time to change the Hourmeter.... Wink, Wink. I can see the ad now: "Cypress Gardens, D*ck Pope Special with less than 100 hours on it!"

Don, Zach....If Don is ok to wait until White Lake Mini....Zach can send it in my regular shipment and I will take it to White Lake........ save the cheap skate a dollar or two.....!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 7:09pm
Steve,

The wife and I made the decision to hang on to the boat. We made this decision earlier this week.   We have so many home repair projects to be done. We are putting the boat fund toward floors and doors for now. Maybe next season we will upgrade boats. She is running too good to give her away.

Thanks,

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 7:15pm
Steve,

I can wait until White Lake, but the only issue I see with that is you have to actually come to White Lake. I do not remember seeing you there in the past. However, maybe I had too much Apple Pie. Maybe the state of North Carolina will let you cross the state line from Virgina.

Donald
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 7:27pm
First - Glad you are keeping the 80. She's too beautiful to sell.

Second - I would be happy to bring your hour meter to WL.... Actually, I possess a NOS Airguide Hourmeter... any interest in taking it off my hands?

Third - Val and I actually have reservations this year; it is on the calendar..... so it will be our maiden voyage to WL.... but no Barefoot in tow. The Trailer has been with the paint guy for 3 months and I can't get her in the garage to get her ready. I'll bring the Air if we need boats.

Fourth - I like Apple Pie!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 7:42pm
Steve,

I may be intrested in your airguide meter if Zach's doe not work out. Shipping via USPS should not be to much for Zach to get his to my home. I am looking for one to get as close to the appearance of the orginal. Just trying to KEEP IT ORGINAL.

Donald
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2013 at 7:45pm
Black Faced Airguide....

Is that original for an 80? I'll snap pic and send to ya if ya want..........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 12:57pm
Steve,

Yes, send me a picture to tilley166@bellsouth.net.. My guages are Teleflex and the speedo's are Air Guides.

Donald
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 1:13pm
Hmmmm - I MIGHT have a teleflex from 78.... I'll look and snap a pic or two. I think the Airguide is at the house the Teleflex is prolly at the lake and take more time to sort out. I am on it Dude!

Steve
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 5:00pm
If you have an uncracked/undamaged glove box lid, I'd be interested.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 5:59pm
Zach,

I have an 85 looking to go factory steering wheel. Mine was after market and I need the steering hub and wheel if its still available. I got one from Eric but waiting on the hub as its still under cover on his side and its in rough shape. Let me know

Phil
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2013 at 6:27pm
Swat. The glove box is sold and the lid was junk. I can order just the lid with new
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2013 at 8:00am
I might be interested in those platform brackets if still up for grabs..
'82 Ski Tique
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 4:42pm
Zach,
   I pulled the fuel filler neck on mine last night and it broke... Can you shoot me a price on this one?

Edit... It appears that 82 and 87 may have been different... WOuld you check that too, cross the numbers and if same, I would be interested, if not, send me a price on a new one?

Shipping to 98422
Thanks!
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by gR@HaM gR@HaM wrote:

I might be interested in those platform brackets if still up for grabs..

Are these available? If so are they straight and suitable for an 82 Tique?
'82 Ski Tique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 6:47pm
Brackets between a 2001 (87 SN) and 2nd Gen SN (same thing as a 82-84 Tique) would NOT interchange, unfortunately.

Better to have something fabbed locally based on the proper rise and swing dimensions... or pony up the big bucks for a set of Alloy Marine removable ones.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 7:22pm
Thanks Tim, I'm actually looking to fabricate some transom mounts for the original brackets to slide in to, making them removable. The problem I have is that one of the brackets has been butchered/re-welded due to the boat being involved in an accident on trailer, looks like I'll have to have a go at straightening it myself..
'82 Ski Tique
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2013 at 3:58am
Do you still have the steering wheel? Could you post a picture?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic