Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#4 Trailer Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #4 Trailer Wanted
    Posted: January-12-2013 at 10:43pm
Urgent need to locate a #4 trailer for a '83 BFN, or similar.

This is to potentially supply a newer member with a #4 trailer and satisfy an "Older Member's" desire for swap-out trailer. Confused, Yeah, me too!! But if anyone has a lead on a BFN DD type trailer on the East Coast, even if it needs work, Contact me. I may ask for some Member's help to get the #4 to Lake Lanier area, (and the swap-out-trailer to Virginia) but there is way more to the story....How do I get involved in these things....Air206, Iknow you understand!!

Todd
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2013 at 10:59pm
Oh boy, best of luck. Those things are like unicorns.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2013 at 11:22pm
Bret.

Thanks for your advice, but they are all went somewhere!! BBFBB#1 boats are even Rarer!!

Todd
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2013 at 11:26pm
Todd,

Check Craig's List Orlando, Fl. I was on there a few days ago and there was a CC Trailer ( 3 or 4) for sale. I can not remember exactly what size it was. Remember to dip those parts in 24K Gold of the Banna Boat.

Good Luck,

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2013 at 11:40pm
Donald,

Thanks for the heads up on the potential trailer. I'm not sure if the BBFBB#I is gold plated or not, but I already have a trailer, and the BBFBB# II is only 14 K Gold in all the right spots. Only trying to help out a Site Member!!

Todd

ST79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2013 at 7:58am
I have a 3-DV for sale I had a 18 Southwind on it and bought a 4-DV trailer. The trailer are the same size only diffrence is the tires are larger on the 4-DV. If you go to boat parts for sale and look at 3-DV trailer for I have pictures posted.

thanks
jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 4:41am
Todd,

I think I may have a trailer that will work for you. Shoot me a pm and I will send some pics to you. I'm not real sure what number it is I think its a 3 or 4. I'm in McDonough, ga about 30 min south of Atlanta.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Jcamp72@gmail.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 9:01am
Jonathon,

Will PM you this evening.

Thanks, Todd
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 7:38pm
UT, no idea what youre scheming this time!

Just so its clear, Jonathan's trailer (pictured below) is a ~'84-85 #3. It would fit a 2001 beautifully. It will NOT fit properly under a v-hull CC (like a BFN or SW)... while it looks very similar to a #4 of the same vintage, the bunk shape is very different. The bunks of a #4 are parallel so as not to cross any of the strakes- so all of the taper of the frame rails occurs forward of the bunks. On a #3, the bunks taper over the entire length. Something to keep in mind!

jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 7:55pm
couldn't the trailer be restored to fit a v-hull?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 8:01pm
QUEBEC modified a late #3 as shown to fit his 90 Barefoot. He never really posted detailed pictures of the finished product. I'd hold out for a real #4, a 89-92 Sport trailer or even take a look at a Sanger DX,DXII, DLX or V210 trailer.
ST79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 8:02pm
Jcamp72 if you send bamajeeps a messeage the is looking for a trailer just like you have.
jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 8:04pm
awesome I appreciate it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by jcamp72 jcamp72 wrote:

couldn't the trailer be restored to fit a v-hull?

No, not really. While I suspect a v-hull would physically fit on a #3 (maybe with some minor modification of the lower frame connectors and/or prop guard to accomodate the low-hanging running gear, as I suspect Quebec did), the basic shape of trailer is wrong. The frame rails would cross the lifting strakes and create major pressure points that would just be inviting hull damage.

Unfortunately, not much you can rework on a wishbone style trailer in that regard... the frame shape is the frame shape.

jcamp72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcamp72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 8:26pm
Oh ok. that makes a lot more sense seeing a picture of them side by side
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 9:51pm
I was trying to find the Thread that Tim posted a while back of all the trailers lined up next to each other so the new guys could learn but couldn't find it. Tim, you probably know where it's at.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 11:04pm
'79 or '80 brochure iirc. In real life it's harder to differentiate than my drawing might imply... If you're not looking for the difference you might not notice. But it's an important difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2013 at 11:50pm
Tim,

Thanks for adding facts on the #3 and #4 differences. WTF (What're The Facts?)

Trying not to scheme, but the new owner of the '83 BBFBB#1 and I have been talking and asking me tips on restoring. He would like a trailer to fit, and Air206 would gladly buy the Prestige that is currently under it, if we could link him up with a #4. I am (again) just trying to be a good Samaritan.

Keep your ears up and we hope to see that boat in better condition.

But I am really pissed, with the trailer, boom, boat, bimini, and historical significance!!!!! Second place really doesn't count.

UT

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2013 at 2:05pm
Here's a pic of TBeard's #4... you can see how the frame rails run straight (parallel) all the way up to the front crossmembers. The #3 tapers over the whole length to match the flat bottomed boats better.

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 12:42am
Reid can hook the BFN with a worthy trailer builer........ Several of his are absolutely stunning!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic