NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obamas Gun Controle Proposal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

The forefathers wanted us armed against a tyrannical government, not for hunting.

CORRECT!!!!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 1:44pm
No, kindergartener "threatened" to bring her pink bubble gun the next day to "shoot" another girl with bubbles. She was overheard and suspended initially 10 days for terroristc threats.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

something in the news i heard half asleep this morning . a girl suspended for pointing a bubble gun at another ?

This sandy hook thing is bad, but people are getting carried away. Student around here caught three days suspension for pointing his finger like a pistol at another student. Stupid.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

speaking of guns in schools...my dad tells me they used to have a gun club in school...kids would walk down the halls carrying their .22's on their way to club events (target shooting i suppose)...not 1 mass shooting...what is different now??

Parents and the fear of God.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

speaking of guns in schools...my dad tells me they used to have a gun club in school...kids would walk down the halls carrying their .22's on their way to club events (target shooting i suppose)...not 1 mass shooting...what is different now??

Amen brother...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 3:22pm
Here is the story

"Attorney: Girl, 5, in trouble for chatting about shooting bubble gun
John Beauge | Special to PennLive By John Beauge | Special to PennLive
on January 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM, updated January 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Print

MOUNT CARMEL - Talking with a friend about a pink toy bubble gun got a five-year-old kindergarten girl in the Mount Carmel Area School District labeled as a terrorist threat, according to an attorney.

The incident occurred Jan. 10 while the girl was waiting in line for a school bus, said Robin Ficker, the Maryland lawyer retained by the girl's family. He would not identify the girl or her parents, but gave this version of events:

Talking with a friend, the girl said something to the effect “I’m going to shoot you and I will shoot myself” in reference to the device that shoots out bubbles. The girl did not have the bubble gun with her and has never shot a real gun in her life, Ficker said.

Elementary school officials learned of the conversation and questioned the girls the next day, Fickler said. He said the girl did not have a parent present during the 30 minutes of questioning.

The result, he said, was that the student was labeled a "terrorist threat" and suspended for 10 days, Ficker said. The school also required her to be evaluated by a psychologist, Ficker said.

"This little girl is the least terroristic person in Pennsylvania,” he said.

Ficker, who said he was contacted because the mother had read he handled a similar case in Maryland, suggested she ask the principal to expunge the record. That did not happen, but her suspension was reduced to two school days, and the reason for it changed to being labeled as a threat to harm another student.

“She’s branded,” Ficker said.

School district solicitor Edward Greco said Friday the allegations are being looked into but neither he nor school officials could discuss disciplinary actions. Greco and Ficker acknowledged they are trying to arrange a meeting next week to discuss the situation.

Ficker believes the girl’s record should be expunged and she be offered an apology."

When you make something this taboo, it will of course become the statement of choice when someone wants to make a statement.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 3:37pm
My high school shop teacher offered a gunsmithing class, I took a .410 to school! This was in the early 80's.
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Amen brother...

... and kids use to be able smoke at high school and people use to have fist fights things have changed . not to say that there isn, still a rifle team
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 3:58pm
what exactly do you do working in a school?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 4:05pm
I teach special ed. financial management in high school
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by malibud malibud wrote:

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Amen brother...

... and kids use to be able smoke at high school and people use to have fist fights things have changed . not to say that there isn, still a rifle team

You may be onto something Dan. We may have so effectively eliminated kids natural "steam vents" that all that is left is an explosion when things get to be to much.

1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 5:12pm
Attorney: Girl, 5, in trouble for chatting about shooting bubble gun.

I was admonished for saying this on another thread.

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Joe, You like to say all or nothing, but many see it as a slippery slop. For liberals regulating is like eating potato chips, they never can stop at one and they justify the new regulations as just an extension of the first one that did not seem so bad. Baby steps. They also completely ignore the fact that most gun regulations have accomplish nothing except to make life more difficult and expensive. The anti gun crowd will not be satisfied until every single gun is out of the hands of private citizens. Constant vigilance is the only cure.

How much more proof do we need?
1987 Ski Nautique

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2013 at 5:14pm
jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 12:24am
i won't start another gun thread, so i'll just leave this here. i hope people remember this stuff when elections come around. sadly, it's NY, and they won't.

NY democrat pleads Republican not to share proposal to confiscate guns
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 11:46am
I find it very troubling that with all the proposals introduced, not one is looking into what violent video games and violence on TV is doing to YOUNG kids. Video game industry makes millions of dollars on third person shooter games for the sake of "entertaining" our youth. You can't tell me it doesn't desensitize there developing minds. Violence on TV for the sake of entertainment doesn't help either. Showing the dead victims or full autopsies is getting people comfortable with seeing this sort of stuff. Why has our culture chaged that much? My favorite TV show in the 70's and 80's was M*A*S*H. We NEVER saw an open body or blown off limb or whatever, just a blood stained bandage and Hawkeye lifting it up to see how bad the wound was. Only thing you saw on Quincy was a sheet, maybe an ocassional fully clothed body whose face was blue, and whatever Sam found under the microscope. We had violence on TV but not to the third degree. Heck, I used to get squimish watching NCIS, or HOUSE but as I've watched it I've gotten used to it so don't tell me it hasn't anesthetized me to gruesome scenes . I find it very typical of Hollywood actors and am PO'd at the fact that they will make millions off of movies they are staring in and it's a mvie loaded with revenge or GUN/ASSAULT WEAPON VIOLENCE! Freaking hypocrites they are. Unfortunately the people of this country will not speak up with their wallets and boycott movies like this. I have Platinum Blonde hair these days and get carded EVERY time I order a beer but have never been carded to see an R rated movie. Doesn't really matter as my 14 year old could pay to see a G rated movie walk by the ticket taker and right into an R rated movie.

Guys in HS had guns in the gun racks of there trucks and it was fine as long as they weren't loaded. Fights broke out in school (myself included) and whoever won ( me both times) was the victor and that WAS IT! You didn't have to worry about retrobution from the loser or being stabbed or even worry about being shot in the parking lot after school. GAME OVER end of story!

Face it the criminals will be laughing at any gun control and be thankful as making prey out of you and me just became easier. They are gonna break any law passed if they are that determined.

The woman here in Ga protecting her twins shot @ the scumbag 6 TIMES and hit him 5. She kept pulling the trigger as he was still coming but all it did was go click. He finally stopped and asked her to quit shooting, turned and left, got in his car and wrecked as he was leaving. Had she had a clip the coroner would have removed the guy and the GA taxpayers would have one less criminal to pay for. I for one wished she did have a 10 round magazine. Take or restrict the 2nd amendment right away from the LAW ABIDING citizens of this country and that coroner would have been removing a woman, and a set of twins beaten to death by some POS with a crowbar. THAT'S why you have 10 round magazines!

With all the nut jobs running around these days I've been giving some serious thought to getting my CWP and carrying everywhere I go. Not because I'm scared but I want be able to be prepared to defend myself, my family and my friends, by firing back and not with a loaded finger!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 12:23pm
I think gun control is a great idea, look how well it has worked here in Chicago, some of the strictest gun control laws in the country...over 500 killed (murdered) in 2012. Thanks (former) senator O'!!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I find it very troubling that with all the proposals introduced, not one is looking into what violent video games and violence on TV is doing to YOUNG kids. and not with a loaded finger!

That's beacause Holywood and the media are not going to cut there own throats. They would rather cut Obama a check.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I think gun control is a great idea, look how well it has worked here in Chicago, some of the strictest gun control laws in the country...over 500 killed (murdered) in 2012. Thanks (former) senator O'!!

It has worked fairly well in Chicago. Maybe you want to go back to the " good old days" that only exist in the minds of people who don't research historical murder rates.
Chicago's murder rate is 18.03 per 100,000, roughly the same as it was in 1967.
Nevertheless, the city's rate is substantially higher than some other large cities, including New York City (6.3 per 100,000) and Los Angeles (10.0 per 100,000). On the other hand, Chicago is relatively safe compared with Philadelphia (23.0 per 100,000), Detroit (33.8 per 100,000), and Gary, Indiana (73.2 per 100,000).
What are Philly, Detroit, and Gary's gun laws. One thing in common, when you transfer jobs and opportunity from previously functional cities to other locations and overseas, the poverty created by this causes desperation in the unemployed who will now do anything necessary to feed, clothe, and provide shelter for themselves and their family. Crime is a quick fix, and even if caught, the accommodations in prison are, many times far better than what these people have experienced on the street.
That being said, I don't think the type of gun control being discussed will have much effect on the overall murder rate.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 10:14pm
i would say it will have an effect on the interpretation of what the supreme court has defined the second amendment to mean
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

i would say it will have an effect on the interpretation of what the supreme court has defined the second amendment to mean

The Supreme Court has defined it, I think it is unlikely they will revisit the issue.
Without a re- wrie of the Constitution I don't believe there is any reason on any issue. Would one of you attorneys on the site care to clarify under what circumstances the Supreme Court can revisit and issue previously ruled upon.
I am not a gun control proponent, really I am just not very interested in them.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 2:54am

I find it very troubling that with all the proposals introduced, not one is looking into what violent video games and violence on TV is doing to YOUNG kids. and not with a loaded finger!

That's beacause Holywood and the media are not going to cut there own throats. They would rather cut Obama a check.

Obama will not go after his big contributors in Hollywood. He knows who butters his bead.
1987 Ski Nautique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 8:29am
So, I spent about an hour reading this whole thread and I found it time to write my Belgian input here...

Originally posted by forvicjr forvicjr wrote:

So if guns ar tha problum then I giuss mi kee bord is @ falt fur mi mess spellun!!

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, pure and simple. If criminals knew that if caught and found guilty of murder, the consequence would be swift death, I'd bet the murder rate would drop in the US. That's what the problem is, these crazy people know they will get life or four. How do you sentence a man to four life terms, pointless. If his actions are that bad to receive that kind of time, out the court house he needs (or she) to go and straight to the firing squad. Dead man walking. And to add this opinion is for the cases that are black and white guilty with witnesses or some other means, basically guilty without a doubt.

For every action there's a reaction except for crime in this country. Here you act criminally with little to no reaction. Its crazy that you can get more time for tax evasion than you would armed robbery.

This is the post I can relate to the most.
As some of you know, Belgium has gun control laws. In short: we are not alowed to own guns. One can only own a gun if he is an accredited member of a hunting club or shooting club, which has to be accredited by the government. We have never been allowed to posess military kind of weapons anyway.
You can only have your gun with you on the way from your house to your club. The gun has to be in a sealed bag or case and your ammunition has to be in a separate sealed case.
A few years ago, all law obiding Belgians surrendered their weapons according to the new law...
The evalution on this matter? Crimes involving weapons HAVE NOT diminished... Why you say? Because criminals or anyone determined to shoot somebody can still get their hands on a firearm on the black market...

Thus: law obiding citizens that used to own a gun to protect themselves have become even more easy preys for criminals.

Face it the criminals will be laughing at any gun control and be thankful as making prey out of you and me just became easier. They are gonna break any law passed if they are that determined.

The woman here in Ga protecting her twins shot @ the scumbag 6 TIMES and hit him 5. She kept pulling the trigger as he was still coming but all it did was go click. He finally stopped and asked her to quit shooting, turned and left, got in his car and wrecked as he was leaving. Had she had a clip the coroner would have removed the guy and the GA taxpayers would have one less criminal to pay for. I for one wished she did have a 10 round magazine. Take or restrict the 2nd amendment right away from the LAW ABIDING citizens of this country and that coroner would have been removing a woman, and a set of twins beaten to death by some POS with a crowbar. THAT'S why you have 10 round magazines!

This post tells the same story...
And, in Belgium, the death sentence has been abolished for quite some time. I too am in favor of reinstating it in the cases mentionned above! Because I for one don't wanna pay taxes to allow these b*stards to eat three full meals a day, watch television and read books!!!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 8:34am
Oh and BTW...

READ AND THINK ABOUT MY SIGNATURE LINE...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 11:33am
Smoke and mirrors while everybody is debating guns,abortion,and birth control, Obama gets the dept ceiling raised and spends billions more.
Anybody watch the inauguration 25 million spent nothing accomplished.     
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 12:51pm
but doesnt he give us hope??   
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 4:15pm
I'm reaching out to you hard core gun rights guys. What do you think needs to be done, if anything at all? Are the mass murders just the price we pay for the right to own guns? Do you think very strict enforcement of existing gun laws would be the answer? What are your thoughts? Is the NRA on the right path, or have they stepped in it with their response to the recent murders?
A bit unrelated, but has anyone used a .223 for hunting say, a wild boar? Is it effective? Either in a Ranch rifle, Bushmaster, or AR15? I am not looking for justification for or against them, I just wonder if they are viable for this.
BTW, other than security and the cost of the ceremony, the inauguration is paid for by private donations. In my mind it doesn't matter if you agree with the policies of the newly sworn in president, it is an awesome responsibility and should be a public celebration. Like the honor guard at the tomb, it is a sacred tradition that should be respected by everyone who loves this country. When the ceremony is confined to a secret location and observed by a only a select few I will really start to worry.

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I'm reaching out to you hard core gun rights guys. What do you think needs to be done, if anything at all? Are the mass murders just the price we pay for the right to own guns? Do you think very strict enforcement of existing gun laws would be the answer? What are your thoughts? Is the NRA on the right path, or have they stepped in it with their response to the recent murders?
A bit unrelated, but has anyone used a .223 for hunting say, a wild boar? Is it effective? Either in a Ranch rifle, Bushmaster, or AR15? I am not looking for justification for or against them, I just wonder if they are viable for this.
BTW, other than security and the cost of the ceremony, the inauguration is paid for by private donations. In my mind it doesn't matter if you agree with the policies of the newly sworn in president, it is an awesome responsibility and should be a public celebration. Like the honor guard at the tomb, it is a sacred tradition that should be respected by everyone who loves this country. When the ceremony is confined to a secret location and observed by a only a select few I will really start to worry.

Apparently you failed to read Kristof's post. Please go back and re-read.

As to answering your question about using a .223 for hunting wild boars - Yes, there is a show called "Pigman" on the Outdoor Channel and that is all he uses when he is hunting with a rifle. It is chambered in .308 however. The AR15 platform is a very versatile and accurate hunting rifle and I personally hunt with people that use them and are very successful with them. They are wildly popular with ranchers to kill coyotes and the .223 round is perfect for this task. Coyotes are pack animals and there are usually a lot of them hunting their prey together. Having a magazine that holds less than 10 rounds would not be very effective here. The ranchers use the AR's to protect their livestock.
I personally this past SATURDAY was sitting in my treestand when 2 boars walked in. I shot the first one and the second one ran right toward me. I was using a 30-30 lever action and did not have time to re-chamber another round. Pig got away. Thank god I wasn't on the ground or I would have been in serious danger. This is a real life event that is perfectly relevant to your question here. Having a semi-auto in this instance would have been very helpful.
And in response to your last comment on the inauguration: He only had 2 ceremonial balls this year but last term he had 10!! I don't think they were all privately paid for. Why does any president need more than one?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 5:28pm
The NRA is right, although I think they should have made the case for just securing schools and not specifically for arming schools. Very few teachers at my kids schools would have a clue about handling a gun. Maybe in a rural area, but not in my progressive city. There is nothing anyone can do to keep a nut from doing the unthinkable, except not allowing him access in the first place.

The Newtown shooting has been weirdly quiet the past few weeks. It seems odd that no info has been released about the kid and his home and how he got hold of his mother's guns, despite all the constant anti gun stuff in the media.

I have read articles that claim the .223 is suitable for deer size game with the correct bullets, not the inexpensive miltary type bullets that fall apart on impact, that are widely available and most people plink with.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 6:46pm
Thanks for the input on the AR15. I have no experience shooting anything other than shooting targets, cars, and other cover with them. It seems to me it is the perfect people killer and I thought it would be effective hunting as well. They are really fun to shoot, but I really haven't done it since I retired.

On another note, that woman in GA with the twins is a moron of the highest magnitude. I read all of the stories I could find on the incident. The report says that the burglar repeatedly knocked on the door and rang the door bell ( sop for a burglar ). She then watched him walk from the front door to his car, retrieve a pry bar, and walk back to the door. Instead of calling the police she called her husband at work. She then took her children to an upstairs crawl space and hid with a gun and listened while the guy tossed the house. When he finally got to the crawl space she shot him. Most people are smart enough to dial 911. In my jurisdiction response to " in progress " calls is normally under 2 minutes. She may have very well subjected herself to civil penalties for shooting him as we'll, even though she is probably criminally on solid ground. We, the taxpayers are now paying for surgery, intensive care, rehab, and I am sure a host of other costs related to her actions. She turned what would have most likely been a simple arrest of a burglar into a huge mess.

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 6:46pm
I think everyone needs to take the NRA with the same grain of salt as fienstien bloomberg and the rest of the extreme antis . I dont always believe everything is correct or doable but the stance against extreme antis is needed with everyones hope for a middle ground. as far as the 223 for deer size game it would fall for me into the not enough cartridge for northern deer and its limits for smaller deer would be at or under 150 yds. I hunt deer with both a 257 roberts ( ballistically between a 30 30 and a 223 as far as muzzel engergy ) and 300 mag but the 223 has appr 3 to 400 fps speed advantage over the 30 30 in hunting bullet loads. for boar hunting i would venture a guess that it is fine for animals into the 100 lb range with a heart lung shot . if it were me i would be in the a/r 10 platform in a 165 -180 gr 308. for more stopping power. those pigs scare me though so i would actually be in the 338 or bigger mag.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic