NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obamas Gun Controle Proposal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Give it a rest, they were killed by a madman with a gun, what's the difference which one?

Mine and everyone else's point exactly.

And whether it's an AR15 or XM15 or any of the many variants, it doesn't matter, they're all very similar guns.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:12pm

Are you guys serious? Really? No really?
Last time I checked I couldn't find any cell phones, cameras, or other gadgets that were specifically engineered to kill people as effectively as possible. That is the designed purpose of the M-16/AR15. They were not designed for hunting, plinking, or looking like a piece of artwork.
Comparing an AR15 to a camera or cell phone confirms in the minds of those opposed to them that those who want them are the lunatic fringe.
Why not support your positions with reasonable rhetoric so you appear to be reasonable people. I think it would go a long ways in confirming that some get enjoyment from them, use them responsibly, and aren't itching to turn someone's head into red mist if they do something you don't approve of.
Some of you are fanning the flames of gun control with these crazy statements.

Precisely what I was getting at. You completely missed the point about the camera. It's NOT the foolish camera! According to you the AR15 is engineered to kill people as effectively as possible, yet cell phones actually kill way more people than AR15s. So by your argument if it's really about saving lives cell phones should be banned. Period. I should've just stayed out of this like I said I would have lol....people get so wrapped up in blind emotion that they fail to think with any logic, and wind up calling others crazy. And by the way, the AR 15 is a civilian sporting rifle. It was not designed to kill as many people as effectively as possible. It was patterned after the M4/M16 because that rifle has proved itself to be very versatile in many applications, but is not available new for purchase by civilians. Does anyone find it odd that these rifles were widely accepted by most for what they were before the recent shootings? The AR15 is the #1 selling rifle in the US, for its versatility, not its ability to kill humans. It is an excellent platform for coyote hunting and pig hunting especially chambered with the 300 blackout round. I'm not trying to insult you John, just asking you to look real hard at what you're actually saying. It makes zero sense.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Give it a rest, they were killed by a madman with a gun, what's the difference which one?

Mine and everyone else's point exactly.

Ding... Ding... Ding ! we have a winner!

I gotta let this go so my blood pressure comes back down, just in time to go home and watch the highlights of FineSwines AWB presentation today and have it go right back up again .

Have a good night guys, tomorrow we can discuss what she had to say hahaha.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:31pm
john i am not trying to slice the a/r variant any wich way what i am trying to solve is wether or not he actually USED A RIFLE IN THE SCHOOL. i dont care either way no matter how you look at it its a grievous tragedy . i am trying to make the point that in all news i can get my hands on ( if you or anyone can show me differently please help me)
all official reports i read seem to dance around whether or not he did . That is all i am trying to resolve
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:31pm
The explicit purpose for the .223 was to kill people on the battlefield. That is why Stoner designed it. That is also the reason my former department trains with them and has them in their squad cars. They are the most PDA focal and effective weapon to kill people, which is the best way to terminate the threat from an individual displaying deadly force. I believe you should read more about Stoner and their design. Here is a snippet, but the big G can give you a lot more information.

A short time after WWII, the U.S. army established a program to evaluate weapons systems in the modern (atomic) battle field. Based on battle field statistics from WWI, WWII and Korea, showing most kills from small arms occuring at less than 300 yards, it was determined that the military should seriously consider lighter weight, higher capacity weapons.

Since there was no suitable cartridge for a smaller caliber assault rifle at the time, Eugene Stoner while working for Armalite Corporation approached Winchester corporation and the small but powerful .223 Rifle Cartrdige was born. The cartridge was fast, light weight, low recoil, yet could penetrate a helmet per army specifications.   Colt bought the rights to make the AR15 rifle from Armalite corporation.
Again, it was designed as a military weapon to kill people. I'm sorry you don't like that.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:32pm
john i am not trying to slice the a/r variant any wich way what i am trying to solve is wether or not he actually USED A RIFLE IN THE SCHOOL. i dont care either way no matter how you look at it its a grievous tragedy . i am trying to make the point that in all news i can get my hands on ( if you or anyone can show me differently please help me)
all official reports i read seem to dance around whether or not he did . That is all i am trying to resolve it always mentions a rifle without saying in direct terms that it went in the school thats all
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 7:59pm
AR-15From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. The select-fire AR-15 entered the US military system as the M16 rifle. Colt then marketed the Colt AR-15 as a semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle for civilian sales in 1963.[8] Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are independently made, modified and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Note the reference to it being a select fire weapon for the military vs a semi auto for the civilian market. The select fire versions are the M16/M4 variants. Whether the cart came before the horse or not, the AR15 in name, is a semiautomatic rifle. I'm sure Colt did not market it then, as they do not now in the semi auto form or condone it's use as a rifle for civilians that is designed to kill as many people as possible. It is a sporting rifle. GM made a civilian version of Dale Earnhart's Monte Carlo and marketed it as such and no one called it a turn key Cup car because it looked the same.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 8:04pm
I heard that Hillary Clinton was seen on the grassy knoll outside the school with someone associated with the New World Order and a Carcano model 91/38 rifle was found in the in the book deposit outside the Sandy Hook library.

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2013 at 8:36pm
"Since there was no suitable cartridge for a smaller caliber assault rifle at the time, Eugene Stoner while working for Armalite Corporation approached Winchester corporation and the small but powerful .223 Rifle Cartrdige was born. The cartridge was fast, light weight, low recoil, yet could penetrate a helmet per army specifications.   Colt bought the rights to make the AR15 rifle from Armalite corporation.
Again, it was designed as a military weapon to kill people. I'm sorry you don't like that."
John the springfield model 1903 was designed with the 30;06 for killing for the military also its uses since then have been proven all over the world from long range target shooting to being enough gun for 80% of the game in the world .what was your point about the 223?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 1:10am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

all official reports i read seem to dance around whether or not he did . That is all i am trying to resolve

Did you try the medical examiners report?

NEWTOWN, Conn.--Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the medical examiner investigating Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, said autopsies completed on 20 children and six adults on Saturday showed they were killed with multiple bullets fired by a rifle at close range.

The veteran medical examiner told reporters that the victims had all been identified and their bodies released. In what appeared to be an uncomfortable moment for Carver, he said all of the victims he had examined had all been shot by a Bushmaster .223 caliber assault rifle, one of at least two weapons Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old suspected shooter, used to commit one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history.

Another;

NEWTOWN, Conn.--Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the medical examiner investigating Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, said autopsies completed on 20 children and six adults on Saturday showed they were killed with multiple bullets fired by a rifle at close range.

"I've been at this for a third of a century and my sensibilities may not be those of the average man, but this probably is the worst I have seen or the worst that I know of any of my colleagues have seen," Carver told reporters gathered at Treadwell Park, less than a mile from the school where the shooting occurred.

Lt. Paul Vance distributed a photocopied list with the names and dates of birth of the victims, including 12 girls and 8 boys, most of them born in 2006.

The youngest was Noah Pozner, who celebrated his 6th birthday in November. Josephine Gay, another victim, turned 7 on Dec. 11, three days before the massacre. The oldest victim identified Saturday was Mary Sherlach, age 56.

All of the adult victims were women, aged 27 to 56.

Autopsies on the suspected shooter, who police say shot himself, and his mother--who was found dead in their Newtown home--would be conducted Sunday, Carver said.

Police have still not released his name. "You have to understand this is an ongoing investigation, with an active crime scene," Vance said.

The veteran medical examiner told reporters that the victims had all been identified and their bodies released. In what appeared to be an uncomfortable moment for Carver, he said all of the victims he had examined had all been shot by a Bushmaster .223 caliber assault rifle, one of at least two weapons Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old suspected shooter, used to commit one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history.

"This is only the second press conference I have ever done," in more than 30 years, Carver noted dryly.

Lanza allegedly gunned down his mother, Nancy Lanza, at their home Friday before driving to Sandy Hook and forcing his way inside to commence the deadly shooting spree.

Before the names were released, Newtown First Selectman Patricia Llodra urged the crush of media assembled at the park to respect the victims' families.

"Please treat our community with kindness," Llodra said. "We need your help on this healing journey."

Earlier, Sen. Richard Blumenthal met with local officials and families in Newtown, but refused to engage in the debate over gun control in the wake of the shooting.

"We're going to have that conversation at another time," Blumenthal told Yahoo! News. "Right now my focus is on this community, the families and the continuing shock and grief they are experiencing."

He added: "I can't imagine any job tougher than to tell parents their 7-year-old is gone. It's the worst nightmare for any parent."

The Connecticut State Police released the names of the 26 victims at the news conference. The full list is included below:

Bacon, Charlotte 02/22/06, F

Barden, Daniel 09/25/05, M

Davino, Rachel 07/17/83, F

Engel, Olivia 07/18/06, F

Gay, Josephine 12/11/05, F

Marquez-Greene, Ana M 04/04/06, F

Hockley, Dylan, 03/08/06, M

Hocksprung, Dawn 06/28/65, F

Hsu, Madeleine, F 07/10/06

Hubbard, Catherine V 06/08/06, F

Kowalski, Chase 10/31/05, M

Lewis, Jesse 06/30/06, M

Mattioli, James 03/22/06, M

McDonnell, Grace 11/04/05, F

Murphy, Anne Marie 07/25/60, F

Parker, Emilie 05/12/06, F

Pinto, Jack 05/06/06, M

Pozner, Noah 11/20/06, M

Previdi, Caroline 09/07/06, F

Rekos, Jessica 05/10/06

Richman, Avielle 10/17/06, F

Russeau, Lauren 06/0/82 (number listed on form), F

Sherlach, Mary 02/11/56, F

Soto, Victoria 11/04/85, F

Wheeler, Benjamin 09/12/06, M

Wyatt, Allison N 07/03/06, F

The big G is a useful tool.

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 10:21am
This shooting was made as horrendous as it was because the shooter had the AR 15 and many, many rounds. had he only had available smaller magazines he would have bought and brought more. he may not have put as many shots into each child and may not have killed as many but he was determined to go there with the intent of killing as many if not everyone there. You csn blame the AR for allowing him as many vvictums but not for the deed it self. This guy had something inside him go off. He had plabnned ahead. If his mothers gun was not available he would have eventually got his own. He was working on that very premise but he got impatient and knowing hers were avaialbe he grabbed them. He did kill her so who is to say he wouldn't have killed anyone on the published list of high capacity gun owners to get his hands on one.

The guns even if outlawed will be available through black market means. Someone hell bent o mass killing isn't worried about gun laws. They will seek out and optain through whatever means necessary to carry out their task. Gun control laws will make it more difficult and may discourage some but it will never stop a determined killer.
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 12:54pm
I heard nothing of mental health problems.Did you?As a gun advocate,I would hope the House will pass a bill's on mental health,and stiffer background checks. I am for that for sure.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 1:25pm
Mental health and backround checks might be great but congress is really looking to stick it to republicans and the NRA. That is their hit list. They are not interested in solving anything just punishing those who may think a little different then they do. It's all a game!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 1:44pm
As we see,facts do not lie.Look at the crime rates in Chicago.Stiff,stiff gun control laws in the US and the WORST crime rate in America. The only problem I do see with mental health is you will have to invade a person's privacy or health records.

Do you get to see Boehnor speach last night?Like you said,Obama's agenda is to literally push the republicans of the map.None existent.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

As we see,facts do not lie.Look at the crime rates in Chicago.Stiff,stiff gun control laws in the US and the WORST crime rate in America. The only problem I do see with mental health is you will have to invade a person's privacy or health records.

Do you get to see Boehnor speach last night?Like you said,Obama's agenda is to literally push the republicans of the map.None existent.

You better check your facts, the ones you have chosen are lying. Chicago is pretty far down on overall crime rates as big cities go.

According to FBI UCR reporting data Chicago is not even in the top 10

1. Flint, MI
2. Detroit, MI
3. St Louis, MO
4. Oakland, CA
5. Memphis, TN
6. Little Rock, AR
7. Birmingham, AL
8. Atlanta, GA
9. Baltimore, MD
10. Stockton, CA.

In the most recent year (2012) the crime rate in Chicago is not significantly different that that in Ft. Worth, TX.

Ft. Worth crime rate per 1,000 residents = 52.84
Chicago crime rate per 1,000 residents   = 54.24
Detroit crime rate per 1,000                    = 83.81

jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 3:10pm
what do your crime rate stats have to do with guns?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 3:13pm

You better check your facts, the ones you have chosen are lying. Chicago is pretty far down on overall crime rates as big cities go.

1. Flint, MI
2. Detroit, MI
3. St Louis, MO
4. Oakland, CA
5. Memphis, TN
6. Little Rock, AR
7. Birmingham, AL
8. Atlanta, GA
9. Baltimore, MD
10. Stockton, CA.

In the most recent year (2012) the crime rate in Chicago is not significantly different that that in Ft. Worth, TX.

I think you guys may be thinking two different things. Crime rate and gun homicide rate are two different things. That's what makes this stuff so hard to decipher. Everyone likes to use the stats that help their cause the most. Look at Piers Morgan, who since the school shooting has been talking about how the US has a higher gun homicide rate than Britain. Stands to reason, but he always fails to mention the per capita numbers, which still puts the US in the lead but narrows the gap. He would also like you to believe Britain is so much safer than the US when in reality (per capita) I believe it has the most violent crime of any place in Europe... I believe....you guys who live over there please correct me if I am mistaken. In fact the US ranks somewhere around 18th or 20th on the list of countries per capita vs violent crime. So in theory, its safer than alot of other countries who have much stricter gun laws. There's alot of ways to spin it and while Chicago has alot of crime, Johnb makes a valid point. It's much safer overall than alot of other US cities.

I read somewhere a week or two ago of the breakdown on gun homicides in the US, I'll have to see if I can find it again. It was interesting really, when you take the 11,000 roughly gun homicides in the US and take out justifiable police and civilian statistics, the gang banger ghetto murders, and a few other things that are included in that (I don't remember exactly what they were) the firearm homicide rate for innocent civilians is quite low. Way lower than what the media would like you to believe.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by jbach jbach wrote:

what do your crime rate stats have to do with guns?

I just don't like to see my "Sweet Home" slandered. I think you will find that crime rates are tied to poverty not gun ownership.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 3:24pm
Mike, the United Kingdom doesn't hold a candle to the good old USA in murders by firearm.
With a rate in the USA of 3.9 firearm deaths per 100,000 population our firearm murder rate is 90 TIMES greater than that in Great Britain, which has a rate of 0.04 per 100,000.

jbach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 4:20pm
why do you guys always use the UK? because it's the only example that fits the agenda?

Ok, how about these examples.

Russian Federation: 11.2 per 100,000
Nigeria:12.2
Nicaragua: 13.2
Korea: 15.2
Namibia: 17.2
Mexico: 18.1
Kenya: 20.1
Greenland: 10.5
Nicaragua: 13.2
Ecuador: 18.2
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: 22
Dominican Republic: 24.9
Saint Lucia: 25.2
Puerto Rico: 26.2
Colombia: 33.4
Trinidad and Tobago: 35.2
Saint Kitts and Nevis: 38.2
US Virgin Islands: 39.2
Guatemala: 41.4
Venezuela: 49
Jamaica: 52.1
El Salvador: 66
Honduras: 82.1

etc, etc, etc,etc
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 7:11pm

The explicit purpose for the .223 was to kill people on the battlefield.

I do not want to offend any of you guys, but that is not correct.
The .223 (or for us army guys better known as the 5,56x45mm NATO standard caliber) is designed to wound ennemies on the battlefield, not kill them...
For it is far more efficient to stop your enenmies assault by wounding them, as their buddies will have to stop the fight to attend to teir wounded comrades... They do not have to attend to their dead comrades on the battlefield.

The round designed to kill is for instance the 7,62x51mm NATO standard caliber (.308). A round used by many sniper weapons...

A new NATO standard now is the 5,7x28mm designed for rifles like the Belgian P90, the Five-seven handgun and some Heckler & Koch
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 7:35pm
and as a side note it was also to add the amount of ammo to be transported by supply and the soldier being a considerable amount lighter than the .308 /7.62
Kristof what the N.R.A needs are a coalition of spokespersons from countries such as yours to speak in this country to people on the fence or people who have blinders on ie; hunters /plinkers/or the millions who just have a 22 of gramps in the closet and show them what this can lead to.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 8:40pm
I was an Obama supporter in the election so I get all of the email he sends out to encourage his supporters to stand with him on issues he believes are important. Right now a drive to call your representatives to express your views on gun control is being organized via email.
I have expressed that I really don't care about gun control one way or the other, but some of you have strong feelings on the subject.
I would encourage all of you who have an interest in the issue to call your representatives, be they Republican or Democratic, and respectfully make your view known.
If those of you who are strong gun rights supporters stand on the sidelines and expect the NRA to do all of the work I don't think it will end well for you.
Make your opinion known to those who will be involved in voting on the gun control issues. You know those who want to ban them are doing so. I suspect the gun owners on this site would represent responsible gun owners well.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2013 at 8:54pm
Very well said John.

Discussing the subject here on the forum, while yet intresting, will not change anything on the matter.
Those who want to keep the freedom of possessing a gun (for sport shooting or defend their homes or whatever other reason) still have the change to let themselves be heard. So do it. Speak to your representatives and build strong arguments around your case... You still have the chance to do it...

We do not have that chance anymore over here...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2013 at 12:58am

1. Flint, MI
2. Detroit, MI
3. St Louis, MO
4. Oakland, CA
5. Memphis, TN
6. Little Rock, AR
7. Birmingham, AL
8. Atlanta, GA
9. Baltimore, MD
10. Stockton, CA.

Dont even to try to put FT Worth to with Chicago.2.60 is a large difference when you are talking percentage rates of 1,0000.(Simple math) But maybe my point is look at the areas named.They have stiff gun laws.THEY DONT WORK!Since the 2004 up lift of semi automatic weapons,gun crime has gone down 18%. Just plain simple and common sence.

Remeber when banks use too get robbed all the time.Well they put armed guards in there,and I never here of crimnals hitting banks anymore.I wonder why??Armed guard they second guess even trying.Same should go for our kids,and same goes for malls.Crimnals are not likely to go where a gun is for defense.PERIOD!

Just like that stupid newspaper posting addresses of gun owners and sure enough,lady kills a intruder and her house was not on the list.

But it is all starting to unravil on the left now,Supreme Court awarded using excutive orders Un-constitutional.That pieace of legislation will start in House like it is suppose too and will not pass.Background check yes,mental health yes,and semi automatic ban NO!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2013 at 12:58pm

With a rate in the USA of 3.9 firearm deaths per 100,000 population our firearm murder rate is 90 TIMES greater than that in Great Britain, which has a rate of 0.04 per 100,000.

Yeah, your numbers sound more in line. For some reason when I looked it up per capita it was showing the UK with a 1.48 per rate, which is alot closer than .04 per. I did see where .04 per was listed someplace else so maybe the place I checked was including other murders or something.

Originally posted by jbach jbach wrote:

why do you guys always use the UK? because it's the only example that fits the agenda?

I was referencing the Uk because that moron on CNN keeps touting how safe it is. He neglects too mention that per capita it has the most violent crime rate in Europe though. That's the point I was trying to get at.

I guess Mexico would have been a better example . They are a great example of how well gun control works and our government is partially, directly responsible for some of the violence down there.

I would encourage all of you who have an interest in the issue to call your representatives, be they Republican or Democratic, and respectfully make your view known.
If those of you who are strong gun rights supporters stand on the sidelines and expect the NRA to do all of the work I don't think it will end well for you.

I have been doing this weekly since Sandy Hook and could not agree with you more. FWIW, I do not think the NRA has done a very good job publically with this issue. They may be fighting inside the legislature, but in the publics eye they really have had poor representation of gun owners on this issue. They need to stop pointing fingers at video games and movies. I believe that the mental health issue plays an important role and I think that guns and video games only become a negative part of the equation if the individual has a mental health issue. I would be surprised if we get much more out of this than stiffer background checks. The problem with background checks though is that criminals won't use them. They don't now and won't later and I think that has been the argument from the beginning.

Example: A few years ago, Massachussetts put up a giant billboard basically blaming Maine for their gun crime. Criminals (note the use of that word) are driving up to Maine and buying guns then heading back into Mass and reselling them for a 2-300% profit in less than 24 hours. Do you think these guys are going to have background checks done? I do not know what percentage of the Maine to Mass sales are guys selling to someone out of state(which is illegal already) and which are thug to thug transactions. Point is, instead of properly trying to address their crime problem, Mass (which has very tough gun laws) just decided it would be easier to point the blame at something else. Sound familiar? Basically Mass has created themselves a very lucrative black market for guns due to their tough gun laws and inability to lock these thugs up and keep them there. Remember, most gun crime perps are REPEAT offenders and CAREER criminals.

I've made some references to other items in this thread and the other one a few weeks ago about regulations on other items such as cars and cameras and people tell me it's an invalid argument. Is it? I'm not saying these things are or aren't more dangerous or more important than other things. What I am trying to point out, is that no one seems to think other law abiding citizens should be subject to excess legislation on these items, but law abiding gun owners should. Can anyone who thinks we should have more gun control give me a valid argument against why we should have more gun laws when we continue to look the other way at all the other ways people die in the hands of criminals or irresponsible citizens. Why is it that guns are always singled out? Because this govt. agenda has absolutely nothing to do with saving lives. That's why.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2013 at 3:19pm
If you own a gun you are a citizen.
If you don't own a gun you are a subject.

Check the countries that have ban guns. They tend to exterminate people.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2013 at 4:29pm
more reason for the nra to bring in some out of country spokespersons
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2013 at 8:29pm
I keep hearing quotes from Obama about considerations for hunters. Obama was a constitutional attorney, he was just re-sworn to protect the constitution, but he does not realize (or will not admit) that gun control is about the second amendment that guarantees us the right to bear arms to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government??????? Talk about spin.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2013 at 9:56pm
could you expect anything else from him or the hillary testimony?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic