NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a lesser boat’s founder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a lesser boat’s founder
    Posted: January-18-2006 at 10:05am
I have a question, maybe brian can answer, he seems to be the trivia wiz but here goes. does anyone no who the founder of mastercraft is? I'm dealing with a guy about buying some parts and he states he founded the company so any thoughts?? don't beat me up to much for the mastercrap reference.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 10:19am
The founder's last name is Shirley (or something like that)....can't remember the first name.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 10:21am
99 percent sure it was founded by Rob Shirley in 1968, and that he was a cypress gardens performer at the time.

-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 10:31am
ok thanks that's all I need to know. Joe you can add the other 1 percent as well to make it 100.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 11:24am
Yep, Rob Shirley founded MC in 1968.

A few years back he founded Infinity boats
along with Chris LaPoint, and another guy who is tournament driving expert, and whose name escapes me.

This year, Rob Signed on with SVFara, an inboard manufacturer out of Canada. SVFara has since introduced a tournament ski boat to its line which looks exactly like the Infinity. I haven't seen the boat in person (I will at the end of the month) but I suspect SVFara got the molds, patents, etc. from Infinity when they hired Shirley.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 11:38am
Would you like for me to ask him to send pictures of it for you? I've been e-mailing with him the last couple of days.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 11:45am
Thanks, but no need. There is a SVFara
dealer in the Area, and they will have boats
at the SF Bay Area Boat Show end of this month, and also our local Discovery Boat Show in May.

Also, January Waterski magazine is the annual boat buyer's guide, and they have writeups on most of the inboard manufacturers. SVFara has a five page spread with some pretty good pics. Online at waterskimag.com, they have some pretty interesting virtual footage of many of the boats as well.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2006 at 7:36pm
Wow! What a surprise that BKH would have the full scoop. I too knew that it was a guy named Shirley but leave it to BKH to have all the trivia. We should pay for BKH's membership here. Oops, its free here! Whata place!...jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
slalomguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 8:11am
cliff Clavin strikes again
[QUOTE=79nautique]
yea kiss me ass the rest of you sob's,
[/QUOTE]
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:35am
Now slalam guy, you're going to give me complex and I'll be Frazier before you know it.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:42am
Is "Cliff Clavin" the know-it-all guy on Cheers? Shows how muckh tv I watch. BKH, you know slalom was just kiddin'...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:54am
Cliff was full of B.S. most of the time that's not really fair to BKH he's always spot on
slalomguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 10:14am
It was a joke.

Don't want you to explode on me like the other guys mr.79nautique.

[QUOTE=79nautique]
yea kiss me ass the rest of you sob's,
[/QUOTE]
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 10:27am
No realy???? your kidding???? never would have thought of that
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 10:30am
It's all fun. I think we were all joking around here. That's half of why I monitor this site.
BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 10:36am
I'm diffently fun'n and I watched cheers alot Cliff was always the answerman regardless of the quuestion or topic but most off the time it was a line of bs instead of the right answer. It's fun to jab at brian because his triva is alway right well so far that is.
slalomguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 10:53am
I'd hate to see you when you get really mad 79, but it is fun to watch people push your buttons. Maybe you should start smoking hippy lettuce to relax.

BKH- thanks for being normal and realizing I'm just playing around. I just don't picture you as Frazier though.

I've had my fun for today.See you guys later
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic