NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overton's Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overton's Parts
    Posted: February-21-2013 at 10:06pm
Wondering if anyone has any experiance using Overton's motor parts? Looking at Magstar marine wires and NGK spark plugs. Any thoughts? The Ford 351 is in need of a tune up. Thanks
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 10:34pm
Guess its not unheard of, but most guys here will get plugs and wires from an autoparts store and specialty stuff from One of the sponsers here on the site like N3 boatworks or skidim. You get a 10% discount for being a fan and they support us. Overtons doesn't.

I'm gotten engine parts from NAPA and Summit Racing ( distribution center 4 miles up the road). It's basic Ford 351 stuff.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 10:42pm
Thanks, waiting to hear back from N3. Never checked with ski dim. Have a good one.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 10:47pm
I got a great deal from N3 for service parts recently. Zach can hook you up. I'm sure he will be on here soon and will chime in.

Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 10:54pm
Thanks Kevin, I tend to go over board when i do things. I do prefer to go with Marine parts, seems right.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 10:54pm
Overtons???? I thought they only sold tubes!!!

I used to be on their mailing list. The catalog would come in the mail and go directly into the recycle bin!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Oletela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oletela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 11:07pm
I have had good luck with the Sierra parts ordered from Oreileys or West Marine
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I used to be on their mailing list. They catalog would come in the mail and go directly into the recycle bin!!!

Really? I have been pleased with their stuff, never ordered any parts, just accessories.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by OldSchoolBlue84 OldSchoolBlue84 wrote:

Really? I have been pleased with their stuff, never ordered any parts, just accessories.

Accessories as in inflatables?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 11:57am
Guss. All tune up parts from N3 are on sale 15% off untill the end of this month.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:11pm
Skip the NGK's and put in Autolites. Thats what PCM would sell you. You can get them at Walmart when you pick up oil and a Motorcraft FL1A filter.

On the other tune up parts (cap/rotor/plug wires/etc) I like to either go genuine PCM when possible for a stock engine, as they seem to be higher quality than the bulk aftermarket stuff (Sierra, etc). You can get good prices on PCM parts from N3, SkiDIM, Whitelake, etc. For a modified engine, there are higher quality aftermarket parts out there for certain things (Taylor wires, etc), which Summit has a pretty good selection on.

Overtons used to cater to the high end watersports crowd, now it seems they offer low to mid range ski gear, generic marine parts and a whole bunch of inflatables. I havent shopped there in many years.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:19pm
Overton's is not a family owned business any more and their model sure has changed. I always try to spend my money with some one who will appreciate it; ie, Skidim, N3, Whitelake, etc. The little guys need your business, the big guys don't care.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:20pm
Guss. All tune up parts from N3 are on sale 15% off untill the end of this month.
ChristinesMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristinesMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:44pm
Hey guys, don't leave us out! Nautiqueskins.com is one of the longest advertisers here and we sell all of the parts that the others sell!
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Overton's is not a family owned business any more and their model sure has changed. I always try to spend my money with some one who will appreciate it; ie, Skidim, N3, Whitelake, etc. The little guys need your business, the big guys don't care.

Being from Greenville, NC (though not having lived there in many years), I grew up where they originated and went to (public) school with their daughter (of skiing fame). I did not realize the business was no longer in the family...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Zack, check you PM, sent it last week and no responce I know you have been busy with the show. Thanks

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by NautiqueSkins NautiqueSkins wrote:

Hey guys, don't leave us out! Nautiqueskins.com is one of the longest advertisers here and we sell all of the parts that the others sell!

Hey George, how are my skins coming along? I will PM you of what I am needing and maybe could ship all at once. Thanks!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:51pm
Dang now I look dumb!!! Ill get on it haha.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:52pm
oh fyi shoot me an email it's faster.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:55pm
Definately thumbs up for Nautiqueskins and N3 !

But George - those font changes in the emails are interesting.... very complete, but difficult to read for an old guy like me..........
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Overtons???? I thought they only sold tubes!!! That's why I used to be on their mailing list !!!

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:07pm
I have it all estimated-
Plugs -26.41
Wires-30.87
Belts-13.83
Fuel Filter-29.28
Cap-38.46
Rotor-4.84

Sorry again
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:12pm

Hardly the little guy's!

Want to support the little guy's try Inboard solutions in Montgomery Alabama, Or Florida Inboards in Panama City Florida or H2Ozmossis for your ski gear and many others, or just support your local towns dealership.
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

I have it all estimated-
Plugs -26.41
Wires-30.87
Belts-13.83
Fuel Filter-29.28
Cap-38.46
Rotor-4.84

Sorry again

Its good, I understand. Do I need to replace the cap and rotor since I have the electric ignition? I know I did not mention it. Thanks

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:29pm
The cap and rotor are service parts. The electronic ignition conversion has no service untill it fails. Look at them and tell me your judgement. Was that a conversion put into the the factory distributor or a full conversion distributor? Should have a clip down style cap. (clip downs still have screws at the bottom. The screw down style actually has screws that go through the cap itself.

All the stuff I listed is in stock and can ship today my friend. Probably in the 20 bucks range to ship to Valpo.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:40pm
My father-in-law had it installed at a local marina so I am not sure what kind of kit was installed. Attached is the cap and you are correct, it's a clip sytle. Will keep in touch. Thanks

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:43pm
Yup clips. Good to go.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Florida Inboards Florida Inboards wrote:

Hardly the little guy's!

Want to support the little guy's try Inboard solutions in Montgomery Alabama, Or Florida Inboards in Panama City Florida or H2Ozmossis for your ski gear and many others, or just support your local towns dealership.

As opposed to Overton's who is owned by Gander Mountain yes they are little guys too.    
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:59pm
Trust me, I prefer to go with all OEM as I am restoring this 84. It was just a thought. Thanks for everyone responses.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 2:07pm
Sounds like you've got everything covered.

Just one general note on spark plug wires. I've heard that they are not necessarily marine specific except for the length. They need to be longer to get around the marine exhaust manifolds.

Also, get yourself a set or two of these, they helps keep your spark plug wires neat and from touching anything they shouldn't:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/maa-9-28150/overview/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic