Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini: Aug 23-25, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 10>
Author
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CT mini: Aug 23-25, 2013
    Posted: June-20-2014 at 12:53am
Heeellllooooo Benjamin's!!!!!!

Just checking on this years Mini!

I have had the pleasure of talking with several members across the county and it sounds like there is a bunch of people coming in for the event!

I've taken off the 22-25 of August I think that's correct from last year!

Talk to you and see you soon!!!
Old school goin back to school!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 11:04am
Greg, We will definitely get together at Badin or my place this summer. I'd kind of like to do some touring with my boat on some of the bigger lakes "out west" (Badin/Tillery). A little more to see than on my neighborhood lake. But either way, let's plan on it.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 8:17pm
Larry,
Grab your gear and come play on NYD at the tourney at Lake Norman. I still have not checked the box for a b/f run at seven lakes yet either....... (Subtle hint)
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 6:42pm
Sounds like you've got it all lined up. Well, you know you are welcome any time. March may be a little chilly, but I've been out as recently as 12/21 in a dry suit and had a ball.

Not unpleasant at all. Should be at least that good in march, and april is a no-brainer.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 6:27pm
The plan is to take it to Astor for the River Run in March, drop it back off at Reid's, then take it to White Lake in April before takiing it home...so there will definitely be time to run it there!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 6:15pm
Adam, wait till it warms up a bit before coming to get it so we can pick up where we left off.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 4:54pm
Was just going to let that little tidbit pass..

Glad to hear your boats fixed! Now you've just got to get it back!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

My '70 Mustang, Reid's Skier, Uncle Todd's '63 Classic,and the Barracuda.
[/IMG]

Don't forget the buoy of shame! I'm told my boat's running again...low pressure pump was the culprit.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:49pm
A huge Thank You to the Benjamin family for sharing their waterfront paradise! and to all of the CCFers for showing up playing, teaching, inspiring and laughing all weekend! We can't wait for next year! John, Lisl,John,Abby,Sara,and Kaycee!
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:40pm
Sooooo, you wanted to try what?
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:37pm
Footin!!!
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:21pm
One of My Favorites!!!!
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:15pm
My '70 Mustang, Reid's Skier, Uncle Todd's '63 Classic,and the Barracuda.
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 8:06pm
Adam,Gary,Tim and Tim's Lady friend in Reids Skier!
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:59pm
The Homestead!
[/IMG]
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:56pm
[/IMG]

more!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:46pm
[/IMG]
pic test
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 11:51pm
Wouldn't be fun without ya!

You built a new lake house?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 9:10pm

Should we let Joe know????

The only reason to give me advance notice is if you need me to be there -if not the key is hanging above the door on the backporch. With the green lakers taking next year off I am hoping to get a bunch of people to head out here in the mid july timeframe next summer to break in the new house. Thats not to say I am not up for some wetsuit season visitors as well - my boat is in the hoist the weekend after whitelake. For that matter it will be be in the hoist at least another month.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 10:54pm
Awesome!

First weekend after may first sounds great! Doug, Adam, gotta bring boats,gear, and liquid courage to get in that cold spring water
If the Benjamin's get wind they're good for at least half a dozen boats!

Should we let Joe know????
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 4:08pm
in the spring the water won't be the warmest, but as long as its may 1st or later I'm in
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 3:23pm

Joe,

I would enjoy coming out and exploring that lake some time! That and get a ride in that rocket of a boat!

I think we need to do a spring reunion out at Joe's place. We get to explore a new lake, and he doesn't have to risk his boat on that low-rider trailer of his.

Win-win!
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 11:50pm
Joe,

I would enjoy coming out and exploring that lake some time! That and get a ride in that rocket of a boat!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:47pm
That trailer came to me with a new set of springs and spring mounts ready to weld on... I should've taken the hint. Or used one of the other two trailers I have that fit it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Or put the axle below

Hell yeah, home-made lift kit! It will make buffing the undercarriage a breeze.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:31pm
Or put the axle below
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:27pm

Nice pics Joe! Where are you in NY? That lake looks nice and clear! I can see the rocks on the bottom in the pic!
Did you have to replace the shaft or were you able to straighten it as you were hoping?

That is Owasco Lake in Auburn, NY – part of the fingerlakes. It is as clear as a bell these days, both because it rarely gets cold enough in the winter to turn over in the spring anymore, and due to the last 20 years of zebra mussels filtering just about every square inch of bottom.   You should put it on your list of places to visit, my house is no Benjamin cottage but it still has a pretty view.

Upon further inspection the shaft had a pretty serious crack under the coupling that was causing the "bend" - not salvageable. Glad I moved it to the bouy and didn't try to run it anymore that weekend. The gas station prop bump didnt help things but was not likely the root cause. So I can feel free to rock the sagging springs on the no prop guard trailer for at least another season.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 11:47pm
Nice pics Joe! Where are you in NY? That lake looks nice and clear! I can see the rocks on the bottom in the pic!
Did you have to replace the shaft or were you able to straighten it as you were hoping?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 1:22pm
and trailer springs
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:51pm
glad to hear yours is back in the saddle though

at what point do you move that shaft up from 1"?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 10>
  Share Topic