NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini: Aug 23-25, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 10>
Author
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 11:36pm
OK I'll have to talk to the wife and see how this works out. My son starts school that Monday so that might throw in a wrench but we'll see.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

My son starts school that Monday so that might throw in a wrench but we'll see.

In the same boat so to speak, my daughter starts on the 19th as well. What the heck is up with that, school should not begin until after Labor Day!!
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 9:28am
Yeah I'm bummed out as well, as it was I was only going to be able to do Friday 8/16 because i start a 3 week job on 8/17. Maybe I'll be able to stop by one of the days to say hello and meet some of you guys.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2013 at 11:59pm
Well sometimes the plans need to be changed and thats a regroup situation. My instigator son who got me into all this business has the whole week off so both weekends work. Lucky me as my life has become a bit less complicated. Just getting the Skier back from Seattle and takin her down ot Fl for the winter to work on the deck has been my charge. Not too shabby. Heading back to New England before the 20th of May and will be attending this event. Just might be the highlight of an otherwise short season back home. Thanks Tim
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2013 at 9:18am
Tim, the fosters are in, but my girls have decided that they would prefer their own bathroom/shower facilities. Do you have recommendations for a local hotel? We don't need anything fancy, as I am assuming that we won't be hanging out there much, but it will make the weekend an easier sell.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2013 at 11:06am
I dont have a specific recommendation, unfortunately... never had to stay somewhere local (besides at home!). I know there are a few small motel/hotels in Torrington, which is only 15-20 min away. There may be other small B&B type places in the towns surrounding Goshen as well. Let me know what you find out!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 10:45pm
Shifting gears..... Breaking plans..... Talking..... Bribing..... Back peddling..... Schmoozing.....
I want to go , I think we can work it out!
Tim, we will follow the post, but we might try to get into the area thurs afternoon / evening so we'll be close on Friday. My kids are getting pumped up already looking at the pics from last year! I hope they can get some advice/ lessons from this great group of people!(of course dad knows nothing!)
Thanks ,John.
Old school goin back to school!
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2013 at 10:51pm
If we can, we would like to car camp at the waterfront?
And we also have a 2 yr old choc lab female(fixed)...... Would Tique like to meet a new playmate? We would love to bring her if that's ok?
Thanks John.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2013 at 12:20pm
John, sounds good all around.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

My son starts school that Monday so that might throw in a wrench but we'll see.

In the same boat so to speak, my daughter starts on the 19th as well. What the heck is up with that, school should not begin until after Labor Day!!

Ohhhhhhh quit your whining Quinner.... The girls first day is August 1 and they both have band camp the week before so our summer is over the 3rd week in July. The first FB game is the 29th of August and one is leading the band while the other is marching in it.

I talked to Reid this weekend so tentative plans is I'll be doing the same thing as last year and riding up with the Pinkham family or catching a flt to Boston. To soon to tell as of yet but pencil me IN!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2013 at 9:33am
The Fossett's are in. Looks like we will also have my sister/brother-inlaw and daughter with us. Plan on 6 of us plus the pooch.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2013 at 1:02pm
ill be there
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 7:49pm
Some unplanned "events' of late and a family wedding in Maine this fall will not permit us to attend. I am bummed. I am sure that all that attend will have a great time.
Hate that I will miss this
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 8:10pm
Greg, bummer! Next time.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2013 at 9:47pm
I call snuggling with Hollywood that weekend
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 5:30pm
I do not recommend this for everyone, but I retired just so I would not have to ask for days off to attend this event. I can hardly wait.
TLOWE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TLOWE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 3:54pm
Tim
Hoping to make it down this year. Room for 24 camper, no truck.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2013 at 1:43pm
Tim, I'm hoping to make it this year, as of now the calendar is open.

Boat question - I could bring the '63 Skier or the '98 Sport, or no boat. Preference?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 11:15am
David, my vote is for you to bring the 63 Skier. Several of us had a ball skiing behind some of the "old school" boats as well as some of the newer ones, not to mention many will just want to get behind the wheel of her.

Of the many talks I had with Reid at GL it looks like we've decided (at this point) to head the RV north sometime on the 22nd depending on when I fly into Charlotte and if Reid can get things in order at work. Rumor has it that "The Donald" may be joining us so it's shaping up to be one heckava rode trip.

This mini gathering at the "Benjamin Bayou" is gonna be one for the record books so I hope they've warned the neighbors that CCFans from across the country are taking over the lake for that weekend. It will be here before you know it and I for one am getting a little pumped for it to get here.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 11:33am
I am pumped also. We live nearby so it makes for an easy trip. Perhaps my son and I will come boatless this year and just take the time to meet and put faces on the names we chat with all year. The 60 Atom has been in the water and will be dependable very soon so that's a possibility.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Rumor has it that "The Donald" may be joining us so it's shaping up to be one heckava rode trip.

It will be here before you know it and I for one am getting a little pumped for it to get here.

Awesome news Tim. And yeah, its gonna be here quick-like. Just got my vacation time approved, will be pointing it east in just over 3 weeks!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 4:21pm
My family is still on board, so we will be showing up with our SV as long as there is space. Let me know if the boat count gets too high and we can adjust.

Zoe (now 12) is still hoping to get a barefoot lesson, so should be a fun weekend.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by DFoster DFoster wrote:

Let me know if the boat count gets too high and we can adjust.

No such thing.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 1:16pm
The more anchors to run over the better!

Any takers on a Chicagoland carpool? Johnny and I are intending to head out Thursday afternoon and return to base late Sunday.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The more anchors to run over the better!

Any takers on a Chicagoland carpool? Johnny and I are intending to head out Thursday afternoon and return to base late Sunday.

Check your email HW...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:15am
Planning on a Friday noon-ish arrival. Most likely no boat. Probably just sleep in the truck.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2013 at 11:59pm
Hey Tim!
My family and I are in! Our traveling road show hopes to arrive mid morning Friday to finish out our vacation!
I'm bringing the Mustang and ground tackle to moor her, a family sized tent to keep out of the way, beer,tennis balls for the dogs, and 3 kids looking to try new water sports!
We're looking forward to the weekend! What can we do or bring to help?
Looking forward to seeing and meeting and putting names to faces on Friday!
Thanks,John and family!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 11:15am
Is anyone else flying in?   I'm flying into Bradley (Hartford). Touchdown at 11:30 Friday morning and departing 10:11 on Monday morning. Interested in either catching a ride from someone coming through about that time or splitting the cost of a rental car with other people who are flying.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 11:20am
I usually fly in but flights were outrageous.

Johnny and I are driving, leaving Chicago early Thursday afternoon, hauling back Sunday. We have room for 1 or 2 hitchhikers.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The more anchors to run over the better

All those anchors and moorings it's gonna be an expensive weekend in props for Tim.
Oh that's right he only hits the ones that are attached.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 10>
  Share Topic