NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini: Aug 23-25, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 12:28pm
WOO-WOO! ALL ABOARD THE PEER PRESSURE EXPRESS!!!

I traded a few texts with Quinner last night about coming to CT, and when he found out me and my dad are driving out Wednesday so we could get an extra day of skiing in my phone rang immediately. 15 minutes later I think he was trying harder to find excuses not to drive into Cleveland on Tuesday and ride out with us. Especially since his parent's lake is 25 miles away.

So lets go ahead and wratchet up the peer pressure and get the guy off the fence. Any takers?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 8:30am
Only 2 weeks away!

The Harper crew with 86er in tow (5 of us this year- including Mary) will be rolling in Friday afternoon.

Tim- would it be okay to roll a pop up down there again this year?

What can we bring in terms of food/ beer/ shot ski refills/ etc? Any special requests?

Can't wait!
-Brad
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

WOO-WOO! ALL ABOARD THE PEER PRESSURE EXPRESS!!!

I traded a few texts with Quinner last night about coming to CT, and when he found out me and my dad are driving out Wednesday so we could get an extra day of skiing in my phone rang immediately. 15 minutes later I think he was trying harder to find excuses not to drive into Cleveland on Tuesday and ride out with us. Especially since his parent's lake is 25 miles away.

So lets go ahead and wratchet up the peer pressure and get the guy off the fence. Any takers?

Come on CQ. Load the kid rock into the IPod and jump in Hollywood's backseat. I know you'll feel right at home back there.....
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Rumor has it that "The Donald" may be joining us so it's shaping up to be one heckava rode trip.

Tim,

I would of loved to attend, but I can not make it. My oldest daughter, Madeleine, is having her 16 TH birthday that same weekend. I also have several other work related conflicts on Friday and Monday. I will not be joining you guys this time.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 2:23pm
sounds like a pretty great birthday to me...a weekend on the lake? I'd be all over that
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 2:41pm
Easy there Lester, he said 16 not 18.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 3:53pm

sounds like a pretty great birthday to me...a weekend on the lake? I'd be all over that

It is not that easy. This Saturday, August 10 TH, I dropped her off at the North Carolina School of Science and Math in Durham, NC ( 2.5 hours from home). She is attending a Residential Honors High School program. She will live at the school for her Junior and Senior years. They have a high concentration on Math and Science. It will go a long way toward getting her into a great college in two years.

Being that I dropped off a 15 year old to live away from home, we need to visit her at this school on her Sweet 16 Birthday. My wife is having a hard time letting her go and she was upset all weekend. My daughter told me to go to CT, but my wife has advised me otherwise.

I will miss spooning with Tim once again.

Donald
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Donald

Sorry to hear that you won't be making the drive up with us. Gonna be a hoot. They're be other Benjamin Bayou weekends but only one Sweet 16 in your daughters life. It's a no brainer there. Enjoy those girls while you got them. Don't worry bout me, I'll just spoon with Reid, Boaty, or Skipper.....Don't really matter which one cause Heck, all 3 are furry so I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between em' anyway.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 6:58pm
I agree Donald. However, you will be missed. If I Aught Naught can find Benjamin's Bayou. the deens will be there. WOO WOO!!!!!!!!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

It is not that easy. This Saturday, August 10 TH, I dropped her off at the North Carolina School of Science and Math in Durham, NC ( 2.5 hours from home). She is attending a Residential Honors High School program. She will live at the school for her Junior and Senior years. They have a high concentration on Math and Science. It will go a long way toward getting her into a great college in two years.

Being that I dropped off a 15 year old to live away from home, we need to visit her at this school on her Sweet 16 Birthday. My wife is having a hard time letting her go and she was upset all weekend. My daughter told me to go to CT, but my wife has advised me otherwise.

Donald

Interesting. My 15 year old son is wanting to leave home and attend the Maine school Of science and Math in Limestone. Thats 5.5-6 hours from us. I don't want to hold him back but my wife and i have mixed feelings about sending our soon to be 16 year old son off to live 6 hours away. That must not have been an easy decision for you and your wife. Sorry to hear you won't be making it to Tim's as I was looking foward to meeting you.

Threadjack over.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 1:50am
Mike,

NC was the first state to have such a program and it stated in 1980 and most states now have a similar program. I am hoping she will get a 100% scholarship from this deal. Most do that come out of this program.

Donald
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 2:13pm
With summer in full swing, I have been delinquent on this thread... but seeing as how we're just over a week out, time to kick it into gear!

As always, this weekend will be full of watersports- so there is no real agenda. There are just a few logistical items to discuss...

Accommodations:
For those unfamiliar, home base for this Mini is at the Benjamin family compound. Unfortunately, there are no hotels in the immediate area, so accommodations are essentially limited to a few rogue couches (first come, first serve ) and camping. We have plenty of room for tents- the yard is large and flat. Anyone considering bringing a camper is welcome to do so, but be aware that the driveway is long and steep- so make sure you talk to me first! I will make sure we find space for everyone. For anyone who refuses to camp, feel free to google hotels/motels/B&B's in the area- I dont have any first hand experience with any of the establishments, but can comment on the general town/area, so feel free to send me a PM!

Parking:
The address of home base is:
52 Sandy Beach Rd
Goshen, CT

It is a long dirt driveway (3rd driveway on the right), with a "Benjamin" and "Ski Nautique Ave" sign at the top... cant miss it. For those who are coming boatless and staying over, depending on the number of cars, we may have you move the car to the top of the driveway once you unload your gear. For those who are just coming for the day, feel free to park at the top and walk down.

Launching
For those of you coming with a boat, it is recommended you do so first thing. It is possible to tow a boat down (and back up) the driveway if you have 4wd, but it may be too tight to turn around at the bottom once people start arriving. The address of the public launch is:
Park Rd
Goshen, CT

Once you launch, you have a few parking options. There is space at the launch for several truck/trailer combos if you want to throw all your gear in the boat and drive over by water. We have plenty of space for boat parking- bring an anchor and you can moor in the wide, shallow cove in front of the house. We also have a location near the launch where you can leave your trailer and then drive over to the house in your truck if you so choose. I will distribute this address/location on an individual basis depending on your time of arrival.

Food:
Since we do not have any restaurants on the lake or within walking distance, we plan to cook! Here is a tentative plan for meals:

Fri lunch: Hotdogs/hamburgers
Fri dinner: Pasta/lasagna
Sat lunch: Sandwiches
Sat dinner: Pulled Pork
Sun lunch: Hotdogs/hamburgers

Breakfast each day will be an assortment of bagels, muffins, breakfast sandwiches, coffee, etc.

We will likely start buying/prepping food this weekend, so it would be helpful to have a headcount! So lets get that started. If you want to bring any of the foods listed above, just let us know and we'll adjust how much we buy and prepare. Side dishes, etc would be great as well! We have a full kitchen for prep and several refrigerators if you need stuff kept cold. (Beer doesnt count- I recommend coolers and lots of ice!)

Questions/comments/concerns can be directed to me- either via private message, email or phone:
TRBenj@gmail.com, 860-550-0214

Quote or copy the following:

Name, +guests / Arrival Day and Time / Boat? / Food?
Quinner +0 / Friday evening / No boat / Tofu Lettuce Cups <---example
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 2:21pm
For any newbies coming by water, look for this place, located on the northeast side of the lake:

Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 3:50pm
swatkinz (no guests)/arrive on Friday noon to mid afternoon/no boat/muffins & bagels
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 4:55pm
Doug Foster + 3 (wife + 2 kids) / Friday 6ish? - Sun noon / 2004 SV211 / Gluten Free Pasta, GF Hot dogs & Buns, etc.

Wife and youngest daughter are GF, so we will bring all that kind of stuff for them. Older daughter and I will take any extra gluten you have.

We are actually staying in a hotel (wife willing to go on boat, not willing to share a shower and couch)... but we are all looking forward to it.

Zoe (now 12) still wants to learn to barefoot if people are willing to teach, so it should be a fun weekend.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:02pm
Eric Svensson, 1 guest / Maybe thursday night otherwise friday morning / No boat but willing to motorboat / Beer
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:07pm
swatkinz (no guests)/arrive on Friday noon to mid afternoon/no boat/muffins & bagels
Doug Foster + 3 (wife + 2 kids) / Friday 6ish? - Sun noon / 2004 SV211 / Gluten Free Pasta, GF Hot dogs & Buns, etc
Eric Svensson, 1 guest / Maybe thursday night otherwise friday morning / No boat but willing to motorboat / Beer
Bruce, Dave and Tom/ Shooting for Friday late afternoon/ bringing boat/ whatever food Tim suggests
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:28pm
Dang, wish we could join the fun again this year but it's not in the cards. I'm sure there will be no shortage of fun! Anyone on the fence...don't hesitate! If there's a place one can overdose on fun it's the CT mini!!

Eric, where's raunchy?! I thought you were taking my spot in this picture?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:47pm
We're doing a Skier theme this year, Chris- so both of you guys are delinquent! Rumor has it that Mr. P is bringing a mighty fine light blue example.

For those asking about food, if you want to keep it simple, things like burgers, buns, fries, chips, ice, corn, bulky rolls, etc are all great. (Notice I didnt say hot dogs or potatoes, as those are JoeinNY's specialties). If you or your significant other has cooking skills they want to show off, things to compliment the pulled pork would be great- coleslaw, cornbread, beans, etc. Or, if you make a mean baked ziti or other pre-prepped type of pasta, salad, etc, then bring it on! Any and all contributions are appreciated.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:50pm
I've seen some progress pictures of Moody Blue's twin and it stands up to the hype. Can't wait to see the finished product!
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:55pm

Doug Foster + 3 (wife + 2 kids) / Friday 6ish? - Sun noon / 2004 SV211 / Gluten Free Pasta, GF Hot dogs & Buns, etc

Bruce, Dave and Tom/ Shooting for Friday late afternoon/ bringing boat/ whatever food Tim suggests

ny_nautique (Jeff Fila, wife, 2 kids) / Saturday 9ish - Sat night or Sun afternoon / Sadly, boatless / burgers, water, whatever. *Mother-in-law in town that weekend so unsure of specific schedule yet.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

We're doing a Skier theme this year, Chris- so both of you guys are delinquent! Rumor has it that Mr. P is bringing a mighty fine light blue example.

I can bring mine, just wasn't going to since i never drive my own boat at these events.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

I can bring mine, just wasn't going to since i never drive my own boat at these events.

Does it look any different than the last time we saw it? I expect the other orange Skier to be here as well.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

I'll drive it!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 6:35pm

ny_nautique (Jeff Fila, wife, 2 kids) / Saturday 9ish - Sat night or Sun afternoon / Sadly, boatless / burgers, water, whatever. *Mother-in-law in town that weekend so unsure of specific schedule yet.

Adam and Jackie (and maybe CQ...?)/Wednesday night but may spend Thursday at Chris' parents place, so definitely Friday morning/2000 Pro Air/Can bring whatever...bout a hundred burgers? If someone else is on that I'll grab something else?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 6:35pm
Looks the same, except I wetsanded the deck but haven't buffed and waxed the deck
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 7:11pm
Eric, 1 week to get her shined up- get on it!

Filling in a few names for those who already mentioned their plans:

Adam and Jackie (and maybe CQ...?)/Wednesday night but may spend Thursday at Chris' parents place, so definitely Friday morning/2000 Pro Air/Can bring whatever...bout a hundred burgers? If someone else is on that I'll grab something else?

JoeinNY / Thurs night / '83 / hot dogs and salt potatoes

Brad +4 / Fri afternoon / ‘86er

Mike S +0 / Fri noon / boatless

ReidP+Morfoot / Thurs evening / Skier

JDD33 (John) +4? / Fri morning / Mustang

HW+Johnny / Thurs midnight / boatless (unless a BFN gets hitched up along the way)

63Skier (David)?

Tim Lowkes?

Juniorwoody (Jack)?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 11:42pm
Thanks in advance Tim and the entire Benjamin family for hosting this motley crew for what will surely be another EPIC weekend!

What is the theme for this year? Riding wooden combos wearing cut- off jean shorts and ski belts?? hahaha

Looking forward to seeing CCF friends old and new.

update below

Eric, 1 week to get her shined up- get on it!

Brad +4 / Fri afternoon / ‘86er / MA sweet corn, Cheney's baked goods, grill-ables, beer

JDD33 (John) +4? / Fri morning / Mustang

HW+Johnny / Thurs midnight / boatless (unless a BFN gets hitched up along the way)

63Skier (David)?

Tim Lowkes?

Juniorwoody (Jack)?
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 11:54pm
Thanks for all the great info! Looking forward to meeting everybody!!Eric, 1 week to get her shined up- get on it!

Brad +4 / Fri afternoon / ‘86er

JDD33 (John) +4 and Lab/ Friday mid morning/ Mustang/ potato salad and tbd/ beer

63Skier (David)?

Tim Lowkes?

Juniorwoody (Jack)?
Old school goin back to school!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 10:20am
Current List of attendees:

Brad +4 / Fri afternoon / ‘86er / MA sweet corn, Cheney's baked goods, grill-ables, beer

JDD33 (John) +4 and Lab/ Friday mid morning/ Mustang/ potato salad and tbd/ beer

63Skier (David)?

Tim Lowkes?

Juniorwoody (Jack)?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
  Share Topic