NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini: Aug 23-25, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 78910>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

Adam,
I'm SURE Samantha did not come home with Sara! She'll have to come next year and be the mascot for the trick run!
Thanks again for all the encouragement and the use of the suit! I'm trying to post to vid but all I can hear is you yelling "Drop the ski!!!" "Hips out!!!!" and as I wipe out on my first fall "oooouuuuuccchhh"'.....
Thanks Bud its awesome!!!!
                                   John

Just happy to contribute to the fun. you know that now you gotta get a boom, right?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Next year we should see how many of those belt style PFDs we can get to go along with the trick skiing shenanigans

[/QUOTE]

Or how about those blue plastic Admiral Zip sleds? Get a bunch of those with CCF guys out on them all at once and watch the fun.

Caution: You must be willing to sacrafice your zip sled as it may not be any good by days end.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2013 at 8:26pm
Yep... A boom is definetly in the works, and I just missed a bfsuit in the for sale section.
The debate now is do I fit a boom to the mustang or update to a larger Ski Nautique more suited to the task?
We will have to think on that one....
Old school goin back to school!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 4:04pm
I don't think I've ever seen a boom on a mustang, but I'm sure its been done...although I don't know where you'd find a clamp for that 1 3/4 pylon. You could always get a boom with the 2 1/2 clamp, then mock something up for the mustang, keep the old clamp and if/when you move up to a bigger boat you'll always have it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best $200 I ever spent was on my boom, if I drop it to the bottom of the lake, I'll be replacing it the next day...especially with junior skiers like you have, no brainer.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 4:36pm
I imagine Mike would make a clamp for whatever size pylon you want. You just have to call. I acquired a boom with a clamp for a 1.25" "pylon" (black pipe).
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 4:45pm

Yep... A boom is definetly in the works, and I just missed a bfsuit in the for sale section.
The debate now is do I fit a boom to the mustang or update to a larger Ski Nautique more suited to the task?
We will have to think on that one....

John, I am glad to help here. Just buy a boom to fit my boat, and I will be glad to drag your butt up and down our little lake as much as you want!

Oh, and on a separate note, thanks to Brad and Uncle Todd for teaching my kids at the reunion. Thanks to that and them seeing all of the people slaloming (including little Abby), they BOTH have now gotten up deep water slalom starts!
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by DFoster DFoster wrote:

John, I am glad to help here. Just buy a boom to fit my boat, and I will be glad to drag your butt up and down our little lake as much as you want!

Oh, and on a separate note, thanks to Brad and Uncle Todd for teaching my kids at the reunion. Thanks to that and them seeing all of the people slaloming (including little Abby), they BOTH have now gotten up deep water slalom starts!

Doug, that's AWESOME!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 9:56pm
Wow - I got slammed with work last week and am just logging in now for the first time and I see 80 new posts in this thread. I've got some reading to do!

Unfortunately I couldn't make it last Sunday. My son had allergy issues at camp and I had to go get him in the middle of the night. Then had a client call for "emergency" work first thing Monday morning...
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 10:54pm
WOW! That's awesome! There's no stopping those Foster lady's !!!

I'm liking the idea of footn' up and down your lake..... $250 for a used boom plus some mods for the Mustang or $850 for a tower boom, hhmmmm, thinking.....thinking........thinking.......still thinking.......

If I buy the beer,lets get together tear up the lake and talk about it!
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 11:56pm
Doug,

Congrats to both of your girls, they deserve it. Too bad summer ends just as we are learning new things!! Both very determined and fun to be with. Enjoy them and teach them all that you can. You will be surprised what they like and remember. Best to you and Sandy.

Todd
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 1:01pm

If I buy the beer,lets get together tear up the lake and talk about it!

Best idea you've had yet, drink beer, details will work themselves out, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 10:17pm
Hey Adam, speaking of beer...... Did you get your boat fixed? What was the problem?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 11:31pm
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, as soon as I got back into town I slept for 4 hours and flew to seattle for three days, then went to pittsburgh this weekend for the FSU Pitt game, where, strangely enough I met up with Nautique John and Jeff Swedish...so short story long, its still broke.

Although I think I'm going skiing with behindpropeller on Friday on his boat, so life is good
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

..so short story long, its still broke.

The 83 was of course fitted with a new shaft, coupler, and cutlass bearing and back in its hoist ready to pull on the labor day glass from dawn till dusk…

sounds like Adam’s pro air is going to be heading down to race city marine for repair and storage? You should take Swedish down with ya!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:50pm
definitely for storage, I have half a mind to try to fix it myself, although if I do that means it will be headed down for storage and more repair
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 12:51pm
glad to hear yours is back in the saddle though

at what point do you move that shaft up from 1"?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 1:22pm
and trailer springs
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2013 at 11:47pm
Nice pics Joe! Where are you in NY? That lake looks nice and clear! I can see the rocks on the bottom in the pic!
Did you have to replace the shaft or were you able to straighten it as you were hoping?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:27pm

Nice pics Joe! Where are you in NY? That lake looks nice and clear! I can see the rocks on the bottom in the pic!
Did you have to replace the shaft or were you able to straighten it as you were hoping?

That is Owasco Lake in Auburn, NY – part of the fingerlakes. It is as clear as a bell these days, both because it rarely gets cold enough in the winter to turn over in the spring anymore, and due to the last 20 years of zebra mussels filtering just about every square inch of bottom.   You should put it on your list of places to visit, my house is no Benjamin cottage but it still has a pretty view.

Upon further inspection the shaft had a pretty serious crack under the coupling that was causing the "bend" - not salvageable. Glad I moved it to the bouy and didn't try to run it anymore that weekend. The gas station prop bump didnt help things but was not likely the root cause. So I can feel free to rock the sagging springs on the no prop guard trailer for at least another season.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:31pm
Or put the axle below
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Or put the axle below

Hell yeah, home-made lift kit! It will make buffing the undercarriage a breeze.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 4:47pm
That trailer came to me with a new set of springs and spring mounts ready to weld on... I should've taken the hint. Or used one of the other two trailers I have that fit it.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2013 at 11:50pm
Joe,

I would enjoy coming out and exploring that lake some time! That and get a ride in that rocket of a boat!
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 3:23pm

Joe,

I would enjoy coming out and exploring that lake some time! That and get a ride in that rocket of a boat!

I think we need to do a spring reunion out at Joe's place. We get to explore a new lake, and he doesn't have to risk his boat on that low-rider trailer of his.

Win-win!
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 4:08pm
in the spring the water won't be the warmest, but as long as its may 1st or later I'm in
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 10:54pm
Awesome!

First weekend after may first sounds great! Doug, Adam, gotta bring boats,gear, and liquid courage to get in that cold spring water
If the Benjamin's get wind they're good for at least half a dozen boats!

Should we let Joe know????
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 9:10pm

Should we let Joe know????

The only reason to give me advance notice is if you need me to be there -if not the key is hanging above the door on the backporch. With the green lakers taking next year off I am hoping to get a bunch of people to head out here in the mid july timeframe next summer to break in the new house. Thats not to say I am not up for some wetsuit season visitors as well - my boat is in the hoist the weekend after whitelake. For that matter it will be be in the hoist at least another month.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 11:51pm
Wouldn't be fun without ya!

You built a new lake house?
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:46pm
[/IMG]
pic test
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 7:56pm
[/IMG]

more!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 78910>
  Share Topic