NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reproduction 1986 Dash Plates

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reproduction 1986 Dash Plates
    Posted: March-13-2013 at 4:16pm
I recently made a reproduction dash plate for my '86 Silver Nautique and decided to make it available to anyone else in need. I spent over 100 hours designing the template and graphics for the plate so that they are an exact match to the original. The plate is created from a sheet of raw aluminum that is machined to size and incorporates the bend at the bottom. In contrast to the original plates that were screen printed, this plate is abrasion resistant and has a life expectancy of 20+ years of constant outdoor use! I opted to leave off the lower warning labels since the decals are available, and replaceable if scratched by the keys, which is common.

A single plate runs $550, which includes shipping with custom packaging to protect the plate. A group buy with two or more orders drops the price to $450 per plate. I'm literally clearing just enough money on these to justify my time dealing with the printer, so while I know the price is a bit costly, it's the actual cost for the printing and materials. Production takes approximately 3 weeks. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Ryan

'86 Silver Nautique 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 5:22pm
Holy $hit that is awesome.   
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 5:30pm
Ryan, Those look amazing. Wish I had the extra cash to throw down... Maybe some day.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 5:53pm
Zach - maybe N3 should stock those?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 6:47pm
I would but I don't see the demand on boats that are only worth 5-8k bucks. Plus there would be more mark up from me. Thats direct pricing from the company Ryan works with. I would love to put one on mine bcause it would probably outlast the boat
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 7:29pm
$300 set up plus $150/panel sure seems cheap to me Zach. That might go down with a higher quantity than 2? I find it hard to believe you couldn't sell a couple of these!

Nice work Ryan, it's beautiful!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 7:41pm
Nicely done.
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 7:53pm
Thanks for the warm feedback everyone. Zach, we can chat on the phone if there's s possibility for N3 stocking these. The price gets better with quantity.
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 8:59pm
Looks Great !!!!!
jmarchal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarchal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 3:48pm
Hi Ryan,

The dash plate looks amazing. I know you mention that you opted to leave off the warning labels however is it possible for them to also be screen printed for a true original look? If so, will that add any cost to the production?

Regards,
Jeff
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 4:26pm
Color screens aren't very durable, which is why I opted to produce the plate without the warning labels. Correct Craft went to the sticker labels in '88 so having them for this application is still on par with the factory methods. By keeping the stickers separate, I was able to keep production costs as low as possible and still guarantee a minimum of 20 years of constant outdoor use.
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
jmarchal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarchal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 11:23am
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any others interested in purchasing the dash plate? My thought is we could order together and save $150 each. Is this a possibility? I am willing to hold my order until you have two or more to produce.
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 12:42pm
Looks great. I would so buy this if it was for my year boat.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by jmarchal jmarchal wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any others interested in purchasing the dash plate? My thought is we could order together and save $150 each. Is this a possibility? I am willing to hold my order until you have two or more to produce.

I've had a few one-off orders so far, but no group orders. If anyone is interested in a dash plate anytime in the near future, please let me know and I'll notify the respective parties and obtain the reduced pricing.
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
jvhstl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvhstl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2013 at 3:21pm
I am interested in a dash plate if we can bundle a few orders together to reduce the production costs. I too am not in a big hurry, the dash plate on my boat has needed some attention for the past 10 years....

akora12, I sent you an email expressing my interest. I hope you received it.

Thanks in advance for sharing this.    
jmarchal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmarchal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 11:22am
That came together quickly. You now have an order of two with jvhst1 and I. Are we able to proceed at the discounted amount assuming jvhst1 is agreeable? How do you take payment? PayPal? Please touch base when you can. Thanks.   

'86 Silver Nautique 2001
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 9:24am
jvhsti and jmarchal...please private message me your email addresses and I'll send you individual paypal invoices. Thanks for your interest!
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
ChristinesMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristinesMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 9:43am
Ryan,

Please email me at NautiqueSkins@aol.com. We may want to stock some dash panels.

Thanks,

George
subpainter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subpainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 12:22pm
will this dash plate work on the 85 SN?
If so I would definitely be interested in one.
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by subpainter subpainter wrote:

will this dash plate work on the 85 SN?
If so I would definitely be interested in one.

It will fit, but the graphics are a bit different since '86 was the 25th anniversary year for the SN. Also, you'd have to drill two small holes to the right of the tach to mount a distribution block on the backside unless you relocate it. It was moved lower on the '86.
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 1:25pm
Ryan, How close is it to the 86 Barefooter sizewise, and would you consider changing the "Ski" to "Barefoot" and delete the 25??

Todd
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 1:41pm
Todd- can you shoot me some the rough height and width of your plate, and I'll see how it matches up with the SN layout. I can certainly adjust the graphics for your application, but I suspect the printer will charge another $100 setup fee. I got that charge covered when I printed my own plate so I didn't have to transfer it on to any subsequent buyers.
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2013 at 11:40pm
As much as I shouldn't..............

I'm in if we can get enough people. I seriously have been looking to dress up my tired dash. The graphics are all worn...you usual 27 year old boat stuff.

Let me know!

And if this works out, then I'll seriously have to get my Air Guides refurbished...
tillerytiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillerytiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 11:04pm
Ryan,

Any hold-outs for a group buy. If so, I'd be interested. My original is in great shape except for the hole cut for a radio. Would like to put it back to original some day.
Stuart

2006 SV-211 TE
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
Concord, NC
Lake Tillery, NC
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:51am
Stuart, there are currently no hold-outs for a group buy. I had a couple of orders a month or two ago so most people are just buying as needed. If you'd like to wait, just send me a PM so I can get a hold of you if more orders come in. Thanks!
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 10:27am
Ughhhhh, you're going to make me buy one of these some day. It's just money right?
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 2:06pm
It's well worth the money, and I can say that because my dash was more than what I'm currently charging!
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 3:17pm
Haha yeah. Seems as if my floor operating properly is more important than a shiny dash at this point though ;).
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 2:58am
Ryan,
Lakedogg 55 here whats my special price for selling you the template?
Just kidding they came out very very nice. Maybe next year in the middle of a rebuild now.
Very sweet
Lakedog55
akora12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2013 at 10:39am
Ha, I wish I could have bought the template! I spent a ton of hours getting the plate to be an exact match to the OEM one, but I'm happy with the end result. Thanks for the interest everyone!
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic