Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Usage in a 98 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Usage in a 98 Nautique
    Posted: January-26-2006 at 11:03am
I have a few questions I just bought a 98 Nautique. How much fuel do they use? What is the top end? What is a good crusing speed? How high do they rev wide open?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 11:15am
You only need one post, not three differnet wordings of the same question.

Fuel comsumption will vary with the type of use, skiing, wakeboarding, cruising. top end is around 45-48 mph at around 4500-4800 rpm.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 12:49pm
Welcome 98. I owned a 98 Ski Nautique from
98 to 2001. It had the Ford GT40 motor. Fuel injected 310 hp. If I recall, I averaged about
5 and 1/2 gallons per hour. Top speed on mine
was 46mph, and the rpms ran almost 1 to 1 with
speed, i.e 30 mph, 3000rpm 40 mph, 4000 rpm
and so on. You will feel and hear a good
cruising speed. It's probaby about 32mph.
Once you run over about 38 mph, you burn
a lot of extra fuel. Loved tht boat. Enjoy it.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 1:04pm
Sounds like someone's excited about their new boat, eh.

Welcome aboard and ask away.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 2:14pm
Welcome aboard 1998. Like 81 said, ask away...even multiple times. We're all here to help.

I feel bad for 1998. Did you notice where he's from...Canada. Poor guy just bought a great new Nautique and can't use it for about another 6 months. No wonder he's wound up about it.

Hang in there 98. Summer (aka the July 15th in Canada) will be here in no time.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I feel bad for 1998. Did you notice where he's from...Canada. Poor guy just bought a great new Nautique and can't use it for about another 6 months. No wonder he's wound up about it.

That, combined with all that $hitty beer up there, can make any Canuk a bit cranky.
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

That, combined with all that $hitty beer up there, can make any Canuk a bit cranky.

Dude, that sounds like it's coming from someone who's had a few too many Milwaukee's Best Ice Lights...

If it wasn't for Canada, I wouldn't drink beer.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 8:04pm
1998; Welcome aboard! You'll love it here. It will be a place where you can get thru those looooonnnnnng Canadian winters. As to the '98, BKH has the dope on the numbers. All I know is, I've owned 6 Nautiques and my 98 was by far the best. Enjoy!......jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 8:15pm
As for fuel usage, don't worry about it. It's worth every penny. Or Dough-ler. Sooory, just trying to spell with a Canadian accent.

I do feel your pain though. Where I boat every weekend, I can to go directly south to get to Canada. My big lake boat has a 160 gallon tank, which is well over 605 thousand millilitres , and I avoid buying gas in Canada at all costs. Way too expensive. Ski boat gas is much better bang for the buck.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 8:50pm
Bill336: been wondering how you are doing. Haven't seen ya here for awhile. Been working on the boat at all? Bet its cold up there about now.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 9:04pm
Hey John, haven't done too much on the boat. It's too cold to do any fiberglass or pour the foam under the floor. I've got a bid in on a tach on ebay because the one in the boat sits at 2K at idle, and I've got a big cotton wheel on a grinder in the basement and am polishing the pylon. That didn't sound right. That's one of the things that I thought stood out on your boat was the highly polished pylon, and I've got about a third of mine done - looks much better than the brushed aluminum. I also started scoping out vinyl shops today, and took color prints of your diary pics as examples. Still looking but I got estimates of 750 and 950 for just the driver, observer, and back seats. Not sure if that's a good price or not, but I expect that if I try to do it, it will look like hell. haha.

I hope to be skiing this summer. We're planning Norris the week of July 4th...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 5:32am
polishing the pylon....well I guess that's one way to get through a long winter.
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 7:12am
LOL

Yeah, and in the spring, I'll be waxing the hull, and pulling the skier, draining the fat sac, changing the oil, workin the throttle,...

Ok, I apologize for the fat sac one, that was bad.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 9:53pm
Bill336; Polishing the pole was a favorite pastime in my younger years. Nothing like a shiny pole, I always say.
Seriously, we will be at our place on Norris a week before the 4th. You better get ahold of me so we can meet up!!!! You still got my numbers? If not, e-mail thru my diaries and I'll send 'em to ya.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 9:58pm
Bill336: PS on the estimates. Sounds like a preety good price to me. When I had my '78 redone I paid a bit under 2000. for the whole interior. That was in the late '80's. It was an awesome job but that was a long time ago. So if you can get all 3 seats for under a grand, well that sounds pretty good to me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2006 at 1:09am
eagle one never dull by hand is going to look alot better with less work than polishing on a bench or stand grinder.   .02   less work
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic