NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Murray CCF Bash July 11-14th

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Murray CCF Bash July 11-14th
    Posted: April-03-2013 at 11:18pm
No shirt? No shoes? No problem! Alright folks I'm peggin an official date on this shindig. The wifey has given me the ok to combine this with our Annual Lake Bash, so it looks like we'll actually have a cheering section for those 8am morning runs! I'll have a lot of my out of state friends coming in on the 11th so feel free to head in early and get settled, but plan on Friday to start hitting the water. Though I'm not ruling out a Thursday evening run or 2.

Accomodation wise I will post up more info in the coming weeks. Right now I have slated my neighbors spare lake lot for you campers and boat dockage/storage and a 2nd lake house we'll be renting for the overflow from our own house.   

Of course more info and "special events" to come as I get resources confirmed.

As far as lake atmosphere, Lake Murray is one of those lakes that will make you fall in love. A ton of secluded coves, many with slalom courses, a few good restuarants and some incredible islands to explore and scenery to see.
'94SN Restoration underway...
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 11:24am
John,
Let me know what I can do to help.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 9:01pm
We may be up for the trip if you dont mind a couple yankees from Georgia.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 11:31pm
lol my wife is as yankee as they get(buffalo).
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2013 at 12:25am
Be nice when you talk about yankee wives. I married one from Cleveland, fortunately, she has not wised up and returned to the north. She may let me come for a couple of days. I guess I will just throw up a tent if permissible.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2013 at 4:03pm
I should be in for this.

Donald
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2013 at 11:41pm
I guess I had better start whispering sweet nothings into my wife's ear...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

I guess I had better start whispering sweet nothings into my wife's ear...

Giving my wife my Credit Card works better.
diablolol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diablolol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 8:09am
you will be receiving actual money, hence the reason it’s the “Diablo 3 real money auction house.” In the paragraphs below, we are going to tell you more about the Diablo 3 real money auction house… www.gw2field.com www.diablo3bay.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 12:36am
Hey guys I just got word back that the house directly across the cove from me is available for rent. Its a 4 bedroom house on an acre with a very nice size beach, dock and boat ramp. Bonus is it has a huge circular driveway for all the vehicles/trailers. She has agree to rent it Thrus-Sunday for just under $600. So if I can get a few people to commit then I'll go ahead and grab it(figure everyone pitches in ~$100). We live in a very secluded and long cove so we will literally be skiing/footing right off the end of the dock.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 12:45am
count me in.if we can get 3 nights for about a hundred, who could pass that up?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 10:59am
Jackie, I'll talk to my crew to see if they're game which I imagine they will be as they will probably miss out on Green Lake this year. If so, then I'll go in with you on the house rental. Might be the last family vacation of the summer before they both start band camp so no better way to end it then being on the water with our extended one.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 11:16pm
Great to think you might be an attenddee. Hopefully, Foot__Fungus will come through and we can add a new venue at what should be a perfect time of year. I'm getting pumpef all ready. I hope we also get to meet new fans or as the Boat Dr. put it, "old friends we haven't meet yet."
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 1:26pm
the responses and pms thus far have been very promising for planning this far out. As we get closer and I get a more solid head count I'm going to start working on a few details that should make the event even better. With all the coves and restuarants on the lake, I think it gives us a unique environment with a little something for everybody.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2013 at 3:02pm
Well the owner of the hosue rented it out from under me without even letting me know till right before I was supposed to meet her. But I'm working on a few backup options, including a 6 person camper/trailer with full hookups I may just park in my driveway lol. And yes Griswald I have a sewer by my mailbox if it gets full.

On the accomodations note shoot me a pm and I'll give you my address so you can check out houses and such. I've had good luck with vro.com and homeaway.com. There are a ton of rentals in this area both with lake access and not. I have lake access covered at my place so don't feel like you have to find something with the pond in the backyard. Hotels are reasonable, but are about 20 minutes away.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 9:09am
Are there any camping areas near by?
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 12:25pm
Mike,
Check out Dreher Island State park.

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/dreherisland/introduction.aspx

They are probably too booked up to offer anything more than onesies/twosie sites, but that would be at least some option.

There's always the option of camping on an island in the lake. First come first serve and no cost
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 11:29pm
I have a tent if you have a yard or directions to one of the islands.
Adaptivelimb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adaptivelimb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2013 at 2:01am
Cannot make it this year, but I am in for 2014!
Win
1999 Ski Nautique
Masters Edition Blue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 11:12am
Haven't heard anything lately. From the post it appears that maybe 6 or 7 have interest.. Nine days out, how many are committed? I tlked to Morfoot, he still shows interest. need a headcount if you have one. Right now, I am in.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 5:36pm
had a few people pm me that they had things come up, but otherwise still on for anyone that wants to head this way. I know Swatkinz and I will be on the lake regardless of who shows up only difference will be if I have to wear something under my wetsuit I got my boat back last weekend from the upholsterer so don't feel like you have to drag your boat out to participate.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2013 at 10:45am
Guys,
I'm in, but the accommodations will more than likely be a last minute island campsite. Everyone needs to pack their camping gear and enough provisions for primitive camping. By primitive, I mean no running water or electricity. What day(s) will you guys be planning to come over? Does anyone have a portable grill that can be used at a campsite? I'll be available after 5pm on Friday to meet up and help locate a campsite.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2013 at 5:15pm
My wife allows two trips per month(Murry and Norris) in July,. Now she and IAughtNaught are "making" me go to Green Lake. Since I was going to come solo, Norris wins out due the wife wnting to see that lake. It will be her first trip to meet CCF people since Nashville last year. Sorry to duck and back out but next year is on the calender.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2013 at 4:00pm
No worries, Jackie. I may be needing to duck snd buck myself as someyhings come up on my end thats rhrown a big wrench into everything.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2013 at 1:58am
Lol yea seems like everyone is having a bad/busy month. So we may just try again next year.
Adaptivelimb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adaptivelimb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2014 at 3:58pm
So what is the scoop. Is there going to be a Lake Murray CCF Bash 2014?
Win
1999 Ski Nautique
Masters Edition Blue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic