Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting Out 1971 ? (Separator, Torino, Or?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Goldrushparts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldrushparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parting Out 1971 ? (Separator, Torino, Or?)
    Posted: April-11-2013 at 6:58pm
I run a small salvage business in Cda Idaho. Recently picked up a 1971 Correct Craft. Pulled it in the shop to start dismantling, but got looking at it and thought it was a neat hull design that I hadn't seen on the lakes around here. Little over 16' long, Mercruiser 888 sterndrive, no sign of HIN or tag anywhere on it. Hoping someone here can help me identify it. Willing to either part out or sell whole if price is right.

Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2013 at 7:41pm
by all means if you can save it in one piece do so!
What do you you want for it complete? Or as complete as it may be?
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2013 at 9:44pm
Goldrush...... HINs on '71 models were on an aluminum plate about 3 X 3 inches that was pop-riveted in place right in front of the throttle/shift control. If the boat had coaming pads on it, the tag would have been on the pad and probably thrown away by some unknowing previous owner. If the boat didn't have coaming pads, it would have been popped directly to the coaming. See whether there are four small holes in the coaming in front of the control.
Art
"Art"
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 12:24am
Goldrush, I agree, very cool boat!
I just drove through Coeur d'Alene, ID on the way home from Victoria headed for Chicago with an empty hitch. I wish I had know. Someone between you and Chicago may have spoken up for it if they knew they had free transportation east.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldrushparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 2:05am
Scoured the whole boat, no tags anywhere. HIN for the last 2 registrations was listed as "None, not found" Anyone tell me what it is by just looking?
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 4:00am
This is the 71 separator from the brochure. Can you tell if it had the two separate windshield.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldrushparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 4:16am
Saw that ad on Google, which is why I thought it could be a separator. Looks like that but doesn't appear to have ever had a windshield of any kind.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 8:00am
Put the complete boat up for sale. Please don't part it out. Be patient as I believe someone here will be interested. List it in the sites boats for sale section.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 11:14am
Peter you sure there will be a market for an I/O?

Would it be crazy to assume that thing could hit 65mph no problemo?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 12:25pm
I agree with Pete. It looks like its in good enough condition for someone to restore completely. It would be a shame to part it out and never find out what it is.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 12:35pm
The I/o doesnt help the value, missing windshield/s dont help either, not safe to assume it would do 65, if it broke 50 in stock condition I would be shocked. Really depends on the gel cote condition as to whether it is a good candidate for restoration. If it has been painted that would be a deal breaker, if not and the gel has minimal defects then its probably worth slightly more than the parts would bring.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by turningpoint84 turningpoint84 wrote:

Snap a mildly built 351 or 383 stroker in that thing and I believe the needle would be a blur going through 65 just like the somewhat similar Donzi 18 Classic!
My Mark Twain I/O broke 50 with a Mercruiser 140 4 cylinder in it and a Torque Shift constant speed prop on the back.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 1:08pm
How much do you want for it?
If the price is right I am sure their is someone on this site that will make arrangements to take it off your hands!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 2:43pm
[QUOTE=OverMyHead] This is the 71 separator from the brochure. Can you tell if it had the two separate windshield.

As I recall, which might not be too reliable nowadays; aged brain, you know: All Separators had the two separate bubble windshields. There was another model using the same hull with a different deck, it was direct drive inboard, and it had a conventional looking windshield. I think it might have been the Torino.
Art
"Art"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 2:48pm
The final run of the Separators had a conventional windshield. Earliest had the bubbles and those in the middle you could opt either way. I believe here is a slight difference in the decks. The Separators with the bubbles was flat, the Torino and Separators with the flat windshield had a bit of a terrace or shelf that the windshield sat on, tho I could be wrong about that.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 3:37pm
Where is our Separator expert, Jeff??? Just wait til he see's another for sale!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Snap a mildly built 351 or 383 stroker in that thing and I believe the needle would be a blur going through 65 just like the somewhat similar Donzi 18 Classic!
My Mark Twain I/O broke 50 with a Mercruiser 140 4 cylinder in it and a Torque Shift constant speed prop on the back.

The key difference between the CC above and a Donzi 16 or 18 is the thru-hull exhaust. I can forgive Donzi on the I/O because they've got such a great sound

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldrushparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 3:41pm
OK, it is a Separator. Cleaned it up a little and you can see where someone filled in the holes where 2 separate windshields used to be. Bottom paint is peeling, top doesn't appear to have been painted. Needs complete resto, interior there but shot. Bottom needs minor glass work (scrapes, gouges, nothing too terrible) Hasn't been run since 04. Previous owner said it goes fast enough to get a ticket on Lake Coeur d' Alene (speed limit is 50) I will take better/more pictures in the next day or two and list it on boats for sale. Up for offers. I don't mind selling it for scrap value or a little cheaper to see it go somewhere it would be appreciated. I cut up/crush old bayliners and fiberforms often after parting out, but this one is too cool for that. Again, I'll get better pictures and a more detailed description later. Got to get back to work now
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 3:45pm
What engine does it have? Can you post a picture of it and of the dash please?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldrushparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 7:04pm
302 Ford, missing starboard exhaust manifold assembly. Owner stated it had a crack. He pulled it off, took it to a shop to get welded, then moved to Arizona. It sat in his parents yard for 8-9 years. They wanted it gone, so I ended up with it. Put a battery in it, poured a little gas in the carb, and it fired. Didn't try running it, as there isn't a manifold and I'm sure the carb needs a rebuild, among other things, but it has spark and should run.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 10:34pm

This is like saying there isn't a market for a Donzi sweet 16 because it was equipped with an I/O!!! Donzi built plenty of them with the Chrysler/Volvo outdrives!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 11:20pm
Put out APB for Jeff C, the Sep expert, hopefully he will appear.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 11:53pm
Jeff is probably on the way to pick it up.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2013 at 2:07am
being able to trim the I/O is what gets em goin fast, it's probably faster than a vdrive.
This is the life
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2013 at 1:01am
WELL, WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE! what do ya need for the old girl, and what about those pics. jeff
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2013 at 1:07am
That took longer than I expected. Your slowing down Jeff!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2013 at 1:08am
Radar working a little slow there eh Jeff
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:47am
I'm waiting fo a response please   or contact info
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 1:29am
Still waiting
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Still waiting

Jeff, Maybe this will help you expand your inventory. GOLDRUSH lists his name as Jeremy Willis. There is a J Willis Construction listed at 933 S Goldrush Rd, Coeur D Alene, Idaho. 208-769-7567.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic