Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1987 Martinique Windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1987 Martinique Windshield
    Posted: January-30-2006 at 12:55am
I am trying to find a replacement for the long side window peice for an 1987 Martinique. I have the whole window except for that one peice which someone replaced with a shorter peice.
Martinique87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 9:27pm
Just saw an 88 Martinique cudy cabin on e-bay. Pretty rough but would make a good parts boat. don't know where you live, the boat in in New Jersey. I'm in Florida so i'm probably not driving to NJ even if it goes cheap...but i thought about it.

BTY, I didn't realize there was an 87martinique screen namewhen I signed up as martinique 87. Pretty confusing...even I have trouble remembering which one is me!

Tim
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2006 at 7:15pm
wich windshield do you have the tall one or the short one? my dads 87 martinique has the tall one, but he wants the shorter one. heres ours, whats yours look like?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 11:30pm
boys take note.... old boy knows how to get a tower made right. Sharp best tower I've seen on a old CC. HATS OFF BROTHER AMEN!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 6:56pm
I had definitely taken notice alright. It looks awesome. In fact I had grabed a copy of the photo to use as a reference for my future project. I really like the lines of it and how it conforms to the windshield shape. I was trying to figure out if it folded forward or to the back.

So Kyle, did your dad make this himself? I'd sure appreciate any details he's willing to share.

Tim
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 8:26pm
Thankyou, but we had it made by a company called proline aluminum in san antonio tx. we used the computer and drew the way we wanted it to look and sent that pic to them and said, make it look as close to this as you can, and they said, sure we can. so off it went.
www.prolinealum.com
we felt that they were well qualified, to drive from fort worth to have them do it, and it has been amazing, almost zero flex, less than any factory tower on the various CC, mastercraft and malibus i have been on.
they reinforced the fiberglass by glassing in some metal backing plates, and in 3.5 yrs of use there has been no stress cracks. we also had them fab the top.

as far as folding, it doent fold very well, the rear legs stick up really tall when layed over, and the top gets in the way, we had them make it removeable, so it just unbolts and straddles teh engine box and doesnt stick up at all.
when the boat is on the water at speed, it looks like a patrol boat or somehting that should have guns mounted on the bow, we have joked about getting that vynil covering in cammo for it.

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask, ill also look for some more pics too.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 11:03pm
You're right! That boat could definitely be mistaken for the marine patrol. People probably slow down and hide their empties whenever your around...hey,you could have some fun with that.

Thanks for the info and the prolinealum site. . Any other photos would be appreciated as well as anything that you might do differently next time.

You should definitely put it in the diaries section.

Tim
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2006 at 8:54am
To me a key to a good looking tower is following the windshield lines and getting the height right, alot of the add on towers are just too tall for the boat they are put on. Kyle have you tried reversing the pivot so that it pivots backwards instead of forward or does the motor box get in to the way?
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2006 at 7:26pm
i dont think it will fold backwards, never tried that. here are some pics from the summer that someone here took, it is in storage right now so i cant get to it very easily.

As far as what we would do differently, i would love to have one of the mastercraft integrated sternlight/tow points, as well as some towerspeakers, these were not really popular when we had it made.
it is really tall, I am 6"1 and can stand under the top, it is decieving because the boat is soo big.
we told them to make it 7ft off of the floor, and the tow point is nearly ontop of the factory slolom pylon.
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2006 at 7:27pm
i think the towpoint is 7ft off of the floor at least
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic