Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 Ski Nautique Decals/ 1973 Parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
davedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1986 Ski Nautique Decals/ 1973 Parts
    Posted: January-30-2006 at 12:35pm
We own American Boat Restoration, americanboatrestoration.com, and are restoring a 1986 Ski Nautique for one of our customers.In our search for new decals we contacted Correct Craft in Orlando and was informed that the '86 decals- port,starboard and transom - are no longer available. We made numerous calls to other dealers etc. with no luck in finding a set. If anyone has a 1986 Ski Nautique with original decals on it, would you be willing to create a rubbing so a local sign company can reproduce them? It is a very easy procedure and the decals do not have to be in perfect condition.Please contact us and we can explain how to do the rubbing.
We are also looking for original parts for our own 1973 Ski Nautiuque. It was originally orange and one of the Official Tow Boats for the 1973 Nationals! We are needing to replace a windshield,steering wheel and back seat.
My wife & I are fellow dedicated Correct Craft owners! The only boats we've ever owned! Being in the repair business I can attest they are the best built ski boats!
If anyone can help please contact us asap, it would be most appreciated!
Dave Weakley
boatrepair@aol.com
Dave,American Boat Restoration
www.americanboatrestoration.com
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 1:08pm
Dave,

There was a topic posted under General Discussion on June 23, 2005 - topic 1986 Ski Nautique Needs Help. You will see the work put into recreating the 1986 lettering. I put the link below. If you can't pull it up on the link, type in "letters" under quick search. I hope you can do something with this.
Ken
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1925&KW=letters
davedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 3:12pm
Hi Nautique 2001
Thanks for the rapid reply!
Viewed the link. Going to consult our graphics people.We should be able to reproduce what we need. We'll keep you posted!
Let us know if we can do anything for you.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 4:47pm
Dave: Welcome. I bet we are gonna like it that you found this site!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 5:32pm
I have the orange promo boat too...are you sure yours is not a 72?
I will be repainting the stripe and the lettering...if you need info on how to repaint as opposed to decals..I can sure info on how to do it. Thats how it was originally done.
Post pics!!!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 6:43am
Dave,

The back seat in the promo boat...that I can help you with. The original seat is comprised of the 3 snap in bottoms and a snap in back (no frame) . I will redoing the seat vinyl sometime in the next couple months...the new seat pattern and foam will be copied from the old...once finish you can borrow the old skins to have someone make a pattern for you...I have not decided who to use yet.Midwest correct craft can do it...if I use them, maybe you can have yours done while the pattern is there! let me know!
stang

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 8:01am
most likely Mid-West CC (well the uplolstry shop next door) already has the patterns. I would give them a call might save you some time.
davedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 5:45pm
Hello Stang
Our Nautique is a '73 to the best of our knowledge. We restored it in 1990 and it is slated to be done again soon. Victim of "Dock Rash" thanks to our show skiing kids who are grown adults now!
We do not have decals.Our lettering is etched into the boat.
We are very interested in borrowing your old back seats for patterns. A local upholstery shop will do the work for us.
Dave
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 4:43pm
Dave,

You can contact me for more info.
If you are to use my old skins as a pattern...I may see if your shop would mine as well...depending if the price is reasonable. I know what vinyl I will be using.Shoot me an email and we can discuss it further!

My email is
lisaandgary@insightbb.com
stang

The Super Air

antique skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antique skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by davedee davedee wrote:

We own American Boat Restoration, americanboatrestoration.com, and are restoring a 1986 Ski Nautique for one of our customers.In our search for new decals we contacted Correct Craft in Orlando and was informed that the '86 decals- port,starboard and transom - are no longer available. We made numerous calls to other dealers etc. with no luck in finding a set. If anyone has a 1986 Ski Nautique with original decals on it, would you be willing to create a rubbing so a local sign company can reproduce them? It is a very easy procedure and the decals do not have to be in perfect condition.Please contact us and we can explain how to do the rubbing.
We are also looking for original parts for our own 1973 Ski Nautiuque. It was originally orange and one of the Official Tow Boats for the 1973 Nationals! We are needing to replace a windshield,steering wheel and back seat.
My wife & I are fellow dedicated Correct Craft owners! The only boats we've ever owned! Being in the repair business I can attest they are the best built ski boats!
Dave Weakley
boatrepair@aol.com
shortline skier
antique skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antique skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by davedee davedee wrote:

Dave Weakley
boatrepair@aol.com

Dave
I am in the same situation and need the graphics for an 85 or 86 SN. I made the mistake of removing all decals, before checking to see how hard it was to find them. I now have a totally restore 85, without any decals. I also have a relative who works at a sign shop and can make them if they have a rubbing or dimensions. Were you able to ever get any?
Paul
shortline skier
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 12:35pm
Paul,

I own a 1986, 2001. The only option I see is the link below. Go through this thread and you'll see the graphics and size. From my understanding, there's some Correct Craft dealerships still suppling the 1989 graphics from the Ski Nautique 2001. The letters are bigger, but still looks nice. Ken

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1925&KW=letters
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic