NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake James 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:59am
Gearing up for this reunion Kids are taken care of, so it will be wife, me and the boat! Now one thing left, the dog Anyone that knows the area, is Pawsitively Paradise in Angola a descent place? Thanks
ljsc showskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:12pm
Probably the best in our immediate area.....
LJSC showskier
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

Probably the best in our immediate area.....

Thanks! He is a huge baby, well 125# 1 year old baby

Would take him with on the boat but a English Mastiff might rock the boat little too much
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:20pm
Tom,

Yourself, Ken or any other Angolian's making a return appearance at Green Lake next weekend?? Shaping up to be a great turnout this year.

Hope to see you there!!

Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Tom,

Yourself, Ken or any other Angolian's making a return appearance at Green Lake next weekend?? Shaping up to be a great turnout this year.

Hope to see you there!!

No go for us....but I've already got the Friday off work for the Lake James reunion wknd.

Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:32pm
Tom & Sue

Here is the website to the place I had our graphics repainted at. Hope it helps!

http://letterslines.com/

Bryan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 12:44am
C'mon! He could be the official Lake James CCF Reunion mascot!! :-)
LJSC showskier
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 12:49am
Sadly, the 78 Orange SN will not be making the trek to Green lake this year (just too many other irons in the fire:-( ) I know you guys will have a great time; we'll miss the "secret" unveiling of the restored beauty!!
Don't know if Ken is going......
LJSC showskier
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 11:38am
Can you guys give us some updated info on this get together.

Are the campsites suited for an RV?
How far do we have to drive to launch the boat?
Is there RV parking at the boat launch?

That weekend has opened up for us so we're looking at possibly making the trek out. Thanks

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:36pm
Hi, Grand Poobah,
Answers to your questions (in order):
1) there are RV-suitable sites in the Park (specify, and they will assign accordingly)
2) there are multipls sites at which to launch, some for a fee (+/- $7); there are 2 PA sites on either end of the chain (both some distance from the park; Northwest Landing is across from the park swim beach#1; 4 corners landing @ the junction of lakes James and Jimmerson; perhaps the easiest thing to do is look on a County Map (James/ Jimmerson/Snow /the Otters chain );
3)yes, @ most of the launches....unless already full :-(

Hope to see you then!
LJSC showskier
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Can you guys give us some updated info on this get together.

Are the campsites suited for an RV?
How far do we have to drive to launch the boat?
Is there RV parking at the boat launch?

That weekend has opened up for us so we're looking at possibly making the trek out. Thanks

There are free boat launches on both Lake Jimmerson & Big Otter Lake which both connect to Lake James. I know there is also a launch at the corner of N county road 300 w & Lane 101 Jimmerson lake....right by the bar Jimmy's on James (or a block away from the new Mad Anthony's Brewery on 300)but I think there is a fee to launch there.

If camping Big Otter is the closest with no wake zones until you enter Snow lake.

Bryan
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:51pm
Hey guys.. it's cool that your mini is shaping up.. In efforts to get everyone in the same place at the same time etc, it maybe helpful if you just "tell" people where to launch. Close proximity to lodging/camping etc. if there's no launch at the camp ground, let everyone know how far they need to drive to get to one.. Same for hotels..
The fun in these things is to be together and such.. Less hassle, the better. Just some helpful advise.."build it and they will come"

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 12:58pm
Thanks guys, let me rephrase my question. We would be in the #1 loop where most of you are staying but how far of a drive to a ramp that will allow us to park an rv there all day. My biggest concern is setting up/breaking down and hauling the boat each day with the motorhome, typically if a ramp is nearby someone will step up and drop us in but if everyone has to travel that changes things a bit. Just have to make sure it's feasible for us to do so. Thanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 1:45pm
I am sure a few of use could help you out using our suv's or trucks to avoid having you launch with your RV. Book and go
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 3:42pm
Hey, Mojo,
How was Green Lake? Sorry we weren't able to get there this year! Is it possible for you to make ours? We would love to see you/have you all visit our little pond :-)
LJSC showskier
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 3:45pm
I'll throw this out there again: Tom and I have a dock space if anyone wants to leave their boat in the h20 for the duration, (eek!) plus we're (permanently) located just around the corner from the PA ramp ....our personal ski nemesis!....on the West end of Jimmerson
LJSC showskier
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2013 at 3:51pm
Re: Mojo's very helpful suggestions: Chris Patton, we'll ask you: is Terry opening the ramp @ Bedsoe's for the reunion to use and will that be the site of Fri. PM's "meet and greet"? if so, there's our central location; problem solved.
LJSC showskier
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 1:26am
Sorry guys been out of town and again in the morning heading to Virginia beach

Alan to answer your question the guys from Dry Dock lease a spot on the water which has a ramp for us to use and we can store our boats there so we don't have to take up room at the campground. its a short drive around the lake 10 min or so Also right there is the gas dock

This is where they held the wood boat show.

Also you can use my truck to move your boat where ever you want so once you set up you wont have to move.
That goes for Randy and anybody else that has a big rig.

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

It's a long shot, but we're booked. It may be for only one night, but I have site #123 for Friday and Saturday nights, in case the Buckethead is scheduled on a different weekend.

I knew it was a longshot, and I'm sorry to say I can't make it.    I wish people planning weddings would check with me before scheduling.    I have a prime camping spot reserved if someone needs it. Let me know.
The only way I can see me making it, is getting into an argument with my wife about going to the wedding, and storming out of the house. They'll think I'm heading to the cottage, and I'll just head southwest.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

The only way I can see me making it, is getting into an argument with my wife about going to the wedding, and storming out of the house. They'll think I'm heading to the cottage, and I'll just head southwest.

Sound like a plan, see you there
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

Hey, Mojo,
How was Green Lake? Sorry we weren't able to get there this year! Is it possible for you to make ours? We would love to see you/have you all visit our little pond :-)

hey I heard you and Tom we're going to make it... Well, I've got to say, you missed the best Reunion to date. To much to describe, just a great time..

Still up in the air on coming over. So much going on before the kids go back to school.. Love to come visit "Nautique Country".. Would be a last min thing...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 5:52pm
Rats! I knew it would be stellar! will just have to wait for the photos to be posted, I guess....
Really hate how the "back to school" stuph interfers with the rest of the summer, but I get it!
If you can find a way, that would be great!
LJSC showskier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 12:57pm
Well looks like we're IN, not sure if we'll be there Thursday night or Friday am but we're looking forward to meeting some more new CCfans. Can't wait.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:50pm
The more, the merrier!!
LJSC showskier
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 9:13am
I may show up, dates again please.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

I may show up, dates again please.

Aug 9-11

Have a good one
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 12:29pm
Hey, Rainbow Nautique,
at one time, there were 3 on our lake(s) here; there's a good chance that you'll be the only one now so you must come!!
LJSC showskier
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 10:46pm
    Today I met with Cory Patton from Dry Dock and everything is set.We have at our disposal the use of the access site to the lake which consist of a big grassy area with a boat launch and plenty of parking.
We can leave our boats in this area over night!
The gas dock right next to the sight .

Friday night
4:30 - ?     meet with boats on the trailers   
              your on your own for dinner    

Saturday
12:00        in the water for group follow the leader to the sand bar

5 - 6:00     Happy hour back at the launch sight

6- ?        Group dinner (pot luck)

Sunday        What ever

for the group dinner I was thinking we could set up some grills
bring what you want to grill and a dish to pass ? any ideas welcome

since I'm from the K-zoo area i will pick up a keg of Oberon or let me know what else   

There is a pro wake boarder near by were trying to hunt down if hes around.
I'm also trying to get in touch with Ken Meloon, if any one knows his where about please let him know.

does any one have any access to a tent and chairs?

my number 269 7two0 235six
Kaptain
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:00am
That great news Kirk!

Is there an address of the boat launch/parking site or a map locating its location?

Do appreciate all your work.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 8:33am
Its on N County Road 300 and Lane 447 lake James
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic