Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake James 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 10:18am
Doc , not trying to be a no it all, I believe it's Chris Patton from Dry dock, thanks for the effort and info. Steve
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 10:39am
oops sorry.   Cory Archbold
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

It's a long shot, but we're booked. It may be for only one night, but I have site #123 for Friday and Saturday nights, in case the Buckethead is scheduled on a different weekend.

I knew it was a longshot, and I'm sorry to say I can't make it.    I wish people planning weddings would check with me before scheduling.    I have a prime camping spot reserved if someone needs it. Let me know.
The only way I can see me making it, is getting into an argument with my wife about going to the wedding, and storming out of the house. They'll think I'm heading to the cottage, and I'll just head southwest.

Sadly, Not only a wedding, we had to reschedule a ski show. It is on the 10th, so not even an argument will work. And to top that off, I would be bringing my new BFN.
I have to cancel site number 123 by the end of today. Does anyone want that site?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

ljsc showskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 11:38am
As to the specific site location, it is CR 300 N, just over the bridge (and thus North) of 4 Corners/ Tom's Donuts/ Jimmy's on James/etc. Our Lane system here is just a bit confusing if you're not familiar with it.
4 Corners is the junction of CR300 N and Bayview Rd. for those trying to GPS
Easier info for those coming off I-69 -from either direction- is to take the Lake James/Crooked Lake exit (150/"3"50 for the new designation) and go N on CR 200W (also the same exit designation). It is a divided 4-lane @ this point; follow this along-it will narrow to a 2-way CR past Caruso's Restaurant (great place to eat, btw)- and stay 0n it (now is Bayview Rd) till you come to busy intersection/stop sign. this is 4 Corners. Turn R/North, x the bridge, event site is immediately on your Right!

Happy trails, and safe journeys, everyone!!
Looking fwd to welcoming you all to Midwest CC Country
LJSC showskier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:12pm

my new BFN.

Sounds like a new thread is in order?
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

my new BFN.

Sounds like a new thread is in order?

It's not mine yet. Picking it up this weekend. I will post when it's in Michigan.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 12:48am
Wow what directions! Exit 350 go west first stop sign go right and your there ! Simple enough ? Lol
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 1:07am
actually, you'll be going North-ish(left turn coming from the south; right turn coming from the north ..off the Interstate) and there is but 1 stop sign! So, you're right: piece of cake!!
LJSC showskier
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 11:54am
Yeah i was just kidding 😝, looking very forward to a ccfan reunion here on our lake !
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 11:59am
Gotcha! Ditto! Only hope the weather does right by us!
LJSC showskier
Patton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 7:43pm
Will be there with a couple of old Correct Crafts!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 11:29am
allllriiigghht!!!!
LJSC showskier
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 12:41pm
Pending weather we're in also.
Since we travel in a pack of 5, will this be a family friendly event? Kids (ages 9,7,5) are looking for friends.

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 1:15pm
Do we have an official head count, trying to do some shopping before I leave on Wed.
I was thinking we should start a food list on whats needed and whats being brought for the Saturday dinner.

Right now it's looking like I will have the family coming along arriving Wed. night leaving Sunday.
Me, wife and girls 2 & 6

PS: Wife may have to do some laptop work does anybody know how the cell phone coverage is at the campgrounds?
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 1:20pm
Good idea,

+2....wife, me and the boat.

Will be there Saturday morning and leaving Sunday afternoon.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 3:54pm
Wes & Anne Bond site 110 Friday & Saturday + 89 Ski Nautique.
Looking forward to it, thanks Kirk
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 11:19pm
I'm working on a Saturday day trip.
Toeboat

89 BFN w/454 bought new and still love it.
06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2013 at 2:15am
Chris Welcome to the site. I talked to Mr. Ken today and he said he might bring the tique! can't wait. Any chance your pro might make a apparence ?
Kirk
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2013 at 2:18am
RJ for sure its a family event! I will have my three 12,10,&10
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2013 at 12:02pm
look fwd to meeting everyone new to this area! be sure to bring the SUN along with you; wk-end forecast is better than the rest of the week; don't be too surprised at the water temps (you'll warm back up soon enough!
LJSC showskier
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2013 at 12:30pm
OK folks time is winding down so get off the fence and plan on joining us the weather will be perfect !

menu for Sat group dinner

bring what you want to grill I will have my big grill

passing dishes how about something like this
                 A-H Salads, Appetizers
                 I-O Sides,Appetizers
                 P-Z Deserts,Appetizers
I will pick up utensils etc.
have a great week see you this week end.

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

passing dishes how about something like this
                 A-H Salads, Appetizers
                 I-O Sides,Appetizers
                 P-Z Deserts,Appetizers

Kirk, for the above, is that by first name, last name, or screen name?

In my case it doesn't matter since all three fall into the P-Z catagory. So, I'll bring some of my famous homemade salsa. I've got some jalapenos in the garden that should work perfect.

Getting geared up to go. I brought the Winnebago home last weekend and have been working on getting it packed up and ready to go. This will be the first time pulling the boat with it but I think she's up to the task. Paula is already starting to worry about everything... I think were going to bring Dr. Conrad Murray with us and just set her IV up in the back bedroom and let the Propofol drip run all the way out there. If we can't get him for the weekend, I may end up locking her in the bathroom and turning up the stereo so I don't hear her screaming. I've assured her that there are no bears at Lake James... so she should be fine once we get there.

Great to see Allen and Dana are going to make the trip.

I will be bringing my grill as well, so if anyone needs to use it just come on over to my site with a few beers.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by RJ RJ wrote:

Pending weather we're in also.
Since we travel in a pack of 5, will this be a family friendly event? Kids (ages 9,7,5) are looking for friends.

Good to see you're going to make it RJ. I have three that are a little older (17.14,14) but they all play well with younger ones. If you need a babysitter I'm sure Ashley would be happy to help you out.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:55pm
Since I'm on a roll today I may as well get something off my chest.

I can't believe more of the Chicago area members (Dave, Steve, Gary, Pete, HW, Kurt, Todd...) can't make this trip! It's a 2.5 hour straight shot from Chicago! Come on guys, put your big-boy pants on and come out! Heck, Even CQ is going to make it!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 5:03pm
Yeah You are just a die hard Randy !! Unfortunately like many that don't make it from James to Green Lake. There's only so many weekends in the summer. This weekend doesn't even include boat time for me.. Oh well, like they say in Wriggly Field, "There's always next year"...
You'll all have a blast. Take plenty of pictures so we can get the jiuces flowing for 2014..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Great to see Allen and Dana are going to make the trip.

Yeah we're definately in, I believe it will be early Friday morning and we're renting the basement out to Quinner and his gang so we'll 4-5 peeps. I'll talk to Dana and figure out what we'll be bringing for Sat. dinner.

Don't anyone be afraid to ask me for a pull because I tweaked a knee yesterday pretty bad and I think I'll be leaving all my ski gear home so I don't mess it up further. I'll pretty much be a designated driver all weekend so throw me a rope and tell me what you want.

RJ, Great to see you guys are heading out.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 8:36pm
We're going on a bear hunt. We're going to catch a big one. What a beautiful day. We're not scared!

How about last names
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 8:52pm
Hotel is booked. no camping this time around.
Were headed that way Friday after work, perfect timing to try and cross from the north to the south of Chicago. See you Saturday on the water.

Thanks Randy, it will be good to see you again.
Alan, sorry to hear about your knee. count me in, I'll for sure be grabbing a pull.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 11:37pm
Mojo,
you weren't slammin' on us, by any chance?? We would have been there (GL) if at all possible... just like you would be coming ALL THE WAY over here if you could, right?!?!? LOL
LJSC showskier
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:42am
I picked up a dozen and a half of burgers and a couple dozen dogs and buns for the cook out along with some pasta salad, appetizers and condiments.
I don't want to haul it back home so bring your appetites.
Checked the Crack-U Weather for the weekend and as far as their guess goes it looks to be perfect weather.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic