NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake James 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Thanks Tom, thought I would add the street address' for NAV/GPS input:
Pokagon State Park: 450 Lane 100 Lake James, Angola, IN
Dry Dock Marine: 2195 W 175 N Angola, IN

Is there an address for the boat launch you mentioned??
Can you navigate to Jimmerson Lake and Snow Lake from Lake James?

Wes, sorry to hear of your loss

I would use the address for Mad Anthony's lakeview Alehouse which is right next to the old Bledsoe's beach (Friday's meet location)
4080 N 300w Angola, IN
Snow, Jimmerson, James & Big & Little Otter lakes are all connected and can be navigated.
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by ljsc showskier ljsc showskier wrote:

BTW, I will have some "ORIGINAL" AWSA stickers with me/us for you....let me know if you want to replace your CC stickers w/ the proper (read that, "ORIGINAL"), dated ones. We can do that, too!
See you soon

Thanks...I found a website that I could order them from but never did ger around to doin so!

Bryan
ljsc showskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 5:11pm
Quinner,
the Jimmerson lake PA is off Nevada Mills RD; Lane 340 (JImmerson LK); and yes, James, Jimmerson, Snow and the Otters are all connected!
LJSC showskier
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 11:23pm
Well, headed to the lake to pick up the boat to get it ready to take down this weekend. As we were driving the empty trailer, looked back through the rear view mirror and noticed something missing. One of my trailer guides was missing . Did a u-turn and about 5 miles down the road found my trailer guide and cover lying in the middle of the road. So, I will attempt to weld it together before this weekend It sheared right off before the weld point.
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2013 at 10:45am
Some of the boats from the meet & greet last night

Bryan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2013 at 10:52am
thanks, Bryan!
very cool! Great pics!
LJSC showskier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2013 at 11:10am
Great stuff Y'all... Keep the pics coming!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2013 at 11:45pm
A great day on the water! 14 boats, lots of really great people: MI, Wi, ILL, OH, PENN, , and of course IN......already making plans for next year's event!

A big thanks to Kirk (dochockey), Chris (patton), and terry Archbold (the bergermeister)
LJSC showskier
DryDockMarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DryDockMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 1:58pm
Thank you to all that were able to make it to Lake James this weekend. With the response we received for this event we will surely be planning a 2nd annual event for next year!! Bigger and better! Thank you again, The Crew at Dry Dock Marine Center.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 11:01pm
Words can not express my experience at my FIRST reunion. I want to thank EVERYONE for being so welcoming to my wife and I and so helpful with our boat issues It's great to know we have such a supporting community and looking forward to getting together soon
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 12:08am
Likewise, Kostas!! So glad you had a great time!! Next year's event already in the planning stages...... (don't forget to look us up @ Swiss Valley!!)
LJSC showskier
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 2:11am
what's that little red number? is that a 1st gen mustang?

and Alan, I see the green machine, did the hurricane make the trip?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 2:21am
Wow what a great weekend for us can't say enough thanks to everybody for showing up.
Thanks Dry dock for all your help ! Thanks Randy and Paula for the hospitality !

Thanks Allen and Dana for getting GG up on the wake board she is still grinning!
RJ awesome trailer tires!
Thanks Paul And Chris for taking me skiing through the course - In my head I was thinking I had Popeye's arms but it turned out I have Olive oils they are so weak after I dropped the kids off at the pool I couldn't reach back to wipe my arss
Lake James is a great lake I was amazed how many CC there are !
see you out on the water.
Kirk
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 11:22am
Just a couple of shots I got shots I got while everyone was packing up & leaving the sandbar. I enjoyed talking to all of you & hopefully we'll meet up again in the future!!

Bryan
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 11:56am
Great weekend everyone, glad we made the trip and met some more fans.

Thanks to all that helped organize the weekend.

Lots of great things to say about the people and the lake but there's one thing that sums it up, after we got Kirk's daughter up on a wakeboard for her first time Kirk says "You just made her summer".    That is why we do this stuff, she had just made our summer as well. Great kids Kirk.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 12:17pm
That's a great shot of your boat, Bryan!! She's sooo cool! (maybe you guys should think twice about switching that engine out; remember your motto!! haha!) Nice pict of the back of our pontoon-fortunately, the MASTERCRAP sticker on that side is barely discernible....that was Terry's doing...

Sue
LJSC showskier
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

and Alan, I see the green machine, did the hurricane make the trip?

Nope, only one tow vehicle this time and I needed a boat that runs.    Sort of glad I didn't bring it because the lake depths fluctuate wildly, there are a lot of sand bars and although they all have enough water to cross I wouldn't have been very comfortable running the Hurricane around there without a depth finder until I learned the lake.

RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 1:54pm
We had a blast. Thanks all for a great event.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2013 at 3:49pm
So glad you could make the trek; next year even better!
LJSC showskier
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 1:04pm
We had a great time at Lake James. The lake and Pokagon State Park were beautiful and well suited for a CCF gathering. We will definitely be back next year. A big thanks to:

-Kirk (Dochockey) for putting this all together and for letting me borrow his truck to go to the auto parts store to get a turn signal switch that broke on the Winnebago.

-Dry dock Marina for the food Saturday night

-Paul (GunDriver) for letting me use his truck to launch my boat

-Tom and Sue (ljsc showskier) for sharing their knowledge of the area and for helping me retrieve my boat Monday. Sue is a fantastic teacher. She brought her trick skies out on Monday for the boys to try and was able to get Justin up on one ski for the first time. I wish we would of had more time to spend with her in the boat. I think the kids now see that there is more to do behind the boat than just wakeboarding.

-John, the park patrolman who tracked down a #5 torx driver which was needed to repair the turn signal switch in the Winnebago. I didn't think they even had torx screws back in '84!

-Everyone who made the trip out, it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Here is a link to some of the pics I took on my phone. Paula has more on her camera, I will add them to the same album later.

Lake James 2013 Pictures

Some highlights:

The docks at the campground

Steps up to the campsites

Crystal clear water

Swans

Paul and his crew

Paul's 2 year old daughter Meagan up on the ski trainer for the first time!

Pics from the sandbar, this is one of the biggest nicest sandbars I've ever seen, complete with food vendors, volleyball nets, and a big party scene!

This was the area were we had the on-land boat show and dinner Saturday night. Lots and lots of room! A few of us,including myself,decided to leave our boats in the water.

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 1:17pm
Looks like fun! Lake James is a great lake, and definitely has an awesome sandbar. Anyone stop by Toms Donuts!?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 2:01pm
Hey Randy, See any {{{{{{BEARS}}}}}}} hahahaha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljsc showskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 2:10pm
Awesome pictoral 'dock'u mentary, Randy and Paula!! (got some good ones of our little boat ! thanks)
Thank you, again, to everyone who made the journey; was truly great to see CCF friends and make new ones!
Randy and Paula (and team) thank YOU ALL for a great time on the water Monday; your kids are terrific! As Alan noted, that is why we do what we do....not much else beats having a (young) skier learn some new skills! I'll do that ANY TIME!!!!!

and yes, donuts are our daily bread :-)
LJSC showskier
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 3:01pm
Paul, I love the signature edition!
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 9:17pm
Randy great pics. I love that old Winnebago may have to import one.

Paul that little girl has plenty of go in her must take after you.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2014 at 1:06pm

A great day on the water! 14 boats, lots of really great people: MI, Wi, ILL, OH, PENN, , and of course IN......already making plans for next year's event!

A big thanks to Kirk (dochockey), Chris (patton), and terry Archbold (the bergermeister)

Sue, Is this being planned for 2014? If so, what weekend?

Bryan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2014 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Woj's 77 Woj's 77 wrote:

Sue, Is this being planned for 2014? If so, what weekend?

Please let us know, wife is working with "Ski Soda" to see if they would be willing to sponsor few drinks.
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 10:28pm
will there be a 2014 reunion ?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 3:33am
Hey everyone, wondering if there were or are any talks behind the scenes about a 2014 LJ? Looking to take some time off and would be great to spend it on a reunion. Thanks
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2014 at 12:45pm
Hey Costas

I'm out in Colorado working so was not able to put anything together this year. We should get one going for next year for sure.

Kaptain Kirk
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic