NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stern light for 1996.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stern light for 1996.
    Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:47am
I know you can buy these new, just wondering if anyone has a stern light (plug in style) laying around that they aren't using.

It has to be compatible with the 1996 style plug.

Let me know.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 12:09pm
Did you look up under the gunwale, behind the coaming pads, it may be clipped up there, port side.

When will it be ready to get wet??
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:24pm
You know that's the one place in the boat I haven't ripped apart yet. Ill look there and maybe put my foot in my mouth.

Chris I'm going to try to run it Friday on the hose and if the weather is nice I was thinking about taking it to a lake on Sunday. You around? I've got beer!!!
1999 Ski Nautique 196
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:41pm
Stern light poles have been hidden at various places in the boats in over the years. Under the coaming was popular, anyplace from the very rear (on either side) to under the stern seat, early days some were under the dashboard; use your imagination! I'm sure the designers did!

Is yours the Aqua Signal brand with the base for it on the port side gunwale with a little plastic cap on it that always gets torn off by the ski rope?
Art
"Art"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 11:22pm
Oh yea.............I forgot to mention.

I found my stern light. It was right where you guys said it would be. I got so excited that FINALLY there was a part of this boat that I wouldn't have to repair or replace.

WRONG.

Just like everything else, the PO somehow managed to destroy the $%& (%$# stern light. Broke the *$@($^@ top plastic cover, duct taped it back on, and threw it back in its holder.

My boat should be the trophy on top of the "Boat abuse should be a crime" thread.

If anyone has one of these laying around I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

My boat should be the trophy on top of the "Boat abuse should be a crime" thread
Chris

Sadly Chris your not even in the running--

Look around though sometimes you can just get the lens
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 12:20am
I know others have it much worse but it's almost like living inside a joke now. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the radio wiring when Steve and I opened the dash.

Someone had taken cloth medical tape and used it to splice the speaker wires to the head unit. Some of the wires already had crimping joiners on one end. I'm guessing the PO didn't know what they were so they cut the insulation before the crimp and medical taped the other wire to it.

I wish I took a picture. Steve can verify.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic