NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

southeast NE

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: southeast NE
    Posted: February-01-2006 at 8:15am
So as to not continue to hijack Brian's thread on regionality of older CCs, I thought I would summarize some of the SE NE info that came to light in that thread.

It seems there are at least 7 of us within an hour or so of each other. By my count, we have

CapeCodCC, Vince, Harwich MA (80 SN)
Keith, (our fearless leader) Leominster MA, (86 Silver Ann)
Nautique 2001, Ken, Upton MA
TRbenj,   Tim,   Medford MA   (90 SN)
Luke, Wakefield, MA, 79 SN
Nauti84, Scott,   Rehoboth MA
75 tique, Larry, Sandwich MA

Updates (2-9-06)

Jeff Kostis, Sanford ME, 74 AND 76 Mustangs.
mgwsed, Worcester, MA, 1994 Nautique
Mark Mel, Lake Zoar, CT, 78 Nautique
862001, John, Freemont NH
66Skylark, Kyle, Blackstone, MA

Seems we have enough minimal/no muffler ammo here that we could cause quite a raucous on some unsuspecting lake some quiet morning. Anyone else out there we should know about?

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 8:54am
75 Tique: I'm not close but that sure sounds like the kinda crowd I'd like to hang with. Don't forget my buddy; JEFF KOSTIS, he's in MA also. Proud owner of TWO awesome Mustangs. 'Course if BKH was joinin' ya I'd haveta think of a way to tear myself away from this fine Florida weather, sunny and 75 today. Gotta love retirment!
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 9:30am
I'd certainly love to get together with some other CC Fans. I grew up and store the boat on a lake in CT, but now live in Medford/work in Andover, MA. Still in need of a tow vehicle, but I could probably make arrangements!
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 10:03am
I'm in CT
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 7:31pm
    Hey Jbear, you must be soooo excited Mrs JB is back that you mistaken Ma for Me.
I am in southern Maine about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hrs from Boston. You know the old saying about Maine, "you cant get there from here".
And Jbear, you are retired and should be able to take a cruise northward where the cold ones are always cold waitin for ya guys!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 7:51pm
Jeff: Ma-Me who knows? I just know that up there you don't need much ice on the cold ones.

Yes I am very happy Mrs. jbear is back and so is she. Says she missed the dog alot but I know she missed me too.

I don't know how far north my retirement visa is good for, don't know if it is up to ME, but if it is you better have a cold one for me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 8:07pm
    Jbear, what you will find is that the cold ones are stronger here in the north for 2 reasons..

1) Makes us able to deal with the long winters.

2) Prevents the bottles/cans from freezing in the truck saving us from one heck of a mess!

If I were retired, I would have that 80 rattling windows everywhere!!!
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 3:42pm
Just to give you guys a heads up the "ten minutes above Boston" wakefield.

I'm up for meeting up with a few guys, my boat is in Maine at my summer place but it is nothing to go up and get it cause I'm up there every weekend as it is.
74 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 5:04pm
I'm sure we'll attract some attention where ever we end up meeting. Should be a good time. I'm game for meeting anywhere...within reason! There's got to be a few more locals on this site.

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2006 at 7:09pm
   I have never been, but doesnt New England CC do a get together every year? The reason why I ask is maybe it could be incorporated into one???? Might get much more turnout! A local on our lake won a trophy during this for his 66 Stang.
                            Jeff...
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 10:13am
Hey Jeff,

We've talked before. Our old 66 is in ME, not far from you, but I live down in Blackstone, MA.

When I talked to Craig Warner from NECC last fall, he mentioned his wish to host a 'reunion' for CC owners here in NE. (Kind of like the events in Orlando, OH, etc., only a smaller scale.) I believe he said he had one years ago, but would like to have another.

He was so busy getting his new showroom up and running last year, plus he picked up a couple of new boat lines, he didn't have time to dedicate to putting an event together.

Being so busy, he was hoping to find someone to volunteer to put the event together. Hed host the event and he believes he can get CC to throw in some give-aways, etc

I just saw him at the Providence Boat Show and he mentioned it again. After talking to him again, I've thought about volunteering to help.

I've worked with some of the event planners here at work, so I'm familiar with event planning.

In addition to whatever CC throws in, Craig thought he could put together a couple of prizes for oldest boat, etc.

I was thinking he might be able to get a couple of vendors to contribute too.

Let me email him and see exactly what he's thinking about...

Out of curiosity, how many here think they'd be interested in attending a CC reunion, probably sometime this summer @ NECC in Rochester, NH?

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 11:45am
Count me in. Would be fun. Great boats, great people, great spot, a little professional/corporate support. What else could you ask for?

Speaking of boat shows, any of you locals going to the Boston show, Feb 18-26?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 4:37pm
Go for it guys! Look at the interest for Green Lake. WE're gonna make Keith and this site and all the charecters (sp?) here famous.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 9:16pm
    66 Skylark, Rochester N.H. is 2 towns over from us. 20 min ride! That would be cool! I have been to NECC several times. Most recent being last year to pick up a strut for the 76.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 10:06am
I'd love to get together with Craig and company at NECC. I know them all too well. If we can incorporate a day of skiing or whatever on a lake, even better. NH has some outstanding lakes. Count me in!

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 6:51pm
    If someone can get it rollin, I will bring bring one boat and I will have my friend (neighbor at the lake) bring the other. He owns a Ski Centurion, so I want to get him in CC fever. Oh yeah, I even got a sign that they have on Ebay (for xmas) that says "Correct Craft parking only - all others will be towed". I put it up at our dock just for him!!!
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 6:33am
Hey 75 tique,
Great thread.
It'll be great to keep this going and get a good list of all the local New Englanders, where they live, where they ski, the boat they have etc. (a little more info than what shows up in everyone's screen name.)
Myself, I went out and bought a moterhome last year, hoping to be able to find some campgrounds on lakes and be able to drop the boat in and stay for the weekend or a vacation week.
Anyone who knows of any campgrounds give me a shout!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 8:00am
By far, the best campground / ski lake I've been to is in NH. It's called Terrace Pines. Go to their website and check it out.

www.terracepines.com

We need to go to a lake that has a beach to pull up to. There's one in Natick, MA, Lake Cochituate. About 90% of the boats docked on this lake are compet*tion ski boats. There's access to a "ski beach" and two slalom courses. It's home to the Three Seasons Ski Club. There's one catch - The water level has to be such that your windshield has clearance through a small tunnel. I've been using it for years, so I'm used to it. If you're not paying attention, you'll scrape your windshield against the wall. This is the only way to the ski lake. Anyway, I'm open for other suggestions. Anyone else been on on Lake Cochituate?

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 7:55pm
    Being able to get together and put the boats in somewhere and go for a group spin would be neat! Does anyone have any dates in mind, or a confimed location???? With all the old boats around, staight piped CC in a convoy would sound cool!!
                             Jeff...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 7:23am
Jeff,

I e-mailed Keith to see if he's interested and to get an idea of where. End of June, beginning of July sounds like a good time of year. If we hook up with New England Correct Craft, the lake would be somewhere in southern NH. I'm sure we'll all put our heads together as the time gets closer.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 8:06am
I would certainly like to attend- I hope you wouldn't mind having a non-straight piped Nautique in the convoy!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 9:41am
nautique2001,

If you get a hold of Keith would you ask him to touch base with me about the Green Lake reunion. I have not been able to hook up with him about some details we need worked out.

acote13@yahoo.com
sales@actionscreen.com
1-800-661-5892 days
1-630-556-3584 evenings/weekends
Thanks, Alan
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 9:51am
Alan,

Will do.

Ken
mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 1:56pm
I would also be very interested in an event like this. I live in Worcester and work in Marlboro, MA. I have a 94 Ski.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 2:25pm
Sounds good. We're neighbors. I'm in Upton.

Any pictures of your '94 Nautique?

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 8:00pm
    Sounds like everyone is pretty close in proximity where we could make a "day" out of it without getting into a huge trip with motels...
                             Jeff...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 10:46pm
Hey All,
Sorry for my absence. Just got back from a short vacation skiing (snow) in Colorado.

I hope to have the registration page up for the Green Lake reunion this week.

As for a NE reunion. This would be great! I'd be happy to contact NECC to see if they would be interested. I'm also open to other vendors. If anyone has a contact at an interested vendor, have them contact me.

In the mean time, I could use the help finding a location. A state park with boat ramp, docks, beach and BBQ facilities would be ideal.

Thanks,
Keith
Keith@CorrectCraftFan.com
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 7:23am
I'm reseaching lakes, boat ramps, beaches etc. I'll attempt to find a locations that is close or central to everyone. I think what's important is a nice beach we can pull our boats up to and a place to BBQ. I'll update everyone with my findings.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 7:37am
This outing that we're planning can be open to anyone who's brave enough to tow their boat to New England. If Correct Craft gets involved, then this will definately a trip to be made. Our friends in NY and beyond, stay tuned.

Ken
862001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 862001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2006 at 7:50am
Newfound Lake in Bristol, NH has a great state park with a nice boat launch, beach, picnic tables and grills.
The only downside is that its a big lake and is sometimes crowded on the weekends. Also their are no docks at the beach area, although you can pull a few boats up on the sand and moore the rest just off the swimming area.
Just a thought.
John,Fremont,NH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic