NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rain rain go away

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rain rain go away
    Posted: February-04-2006 at 9:48am
rain rain go away im trying to go wakeskating today.. and i need to pitch my tent in the woods so we can get up early and do it agian, so rain please go away the weather man said youd be gone by noon.

sorry guys just a little bored waiting out the rain..

thnx
mike
gotta love those old school nautiques
custom2001
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 10:37am
Send it down here. We are about to dry up 'n blow away.
Bob Ed
83 2001
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2006 at 7:47pm
Here in Maine, we have had more rain than snow!!! That means less to melt come spring!! I need a amphibnautique!! Drive to work and to the dock!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 6:07am
Here Jeff, how about one of these. About 6-8 years ago a guy in the Town I used to live in in NY built this in his garage. His plan was to be the first amphibious vehicle to drive around the world. He left NY, island hopped across the Caribbean, went into South America and then came back to US. He ran out of money and after a year or two inside the thing with his wife ended up getting a divorce. Good idea...bad execution. Last I knew he was trying to sell it. I think someone may have bought it. Incredible craftsmanship on the thing... the guy was very good mechanically. I was always impresssed with it. I took these pictures on one of its test drives just after he finished building it. He started out with an old milk tanker trailer and went from there.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 8:43am
Larry: That is to cool. How did he power it? This site has got to be the most fun place! It is so interesting to share with all you guys. Thanks for a good "Monday" chuckle!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 8:45am
Yea, nice setup, but how's the wake? BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 8:55am
6.5 liter GM diesel. 4 wheel drive with a transfer case to the shaft and propeller. Wake wasnt great but with a top water speed of 6-7 knots, probably not a factor. Too bad as the radar tower looks like it could double as a good tow point. For more info

http://www.dobbertinhydrocar.com/Orbiter%20Magazine%20Quotes.htm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 7:14pm
   75tique that is cool!! I would love to go for a spin in something like that. There was someone around who had a Amphibicar and would drive it in the lake a few years ago and It turned some heads. It looks like a real car in the water. I have not seen it recently.
                            Jeff..
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2006 at 11:36pm
Did you see what a amphibicar went for on Barret Jackson?? big$$$$$$$
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 8:44am
Helm of the "Dobbertin Surface Orbiter" All that and no Perfect Pass.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2006 at 7:58pm
    Off the subject a bit, but about rain, has anyone had lighting strike a tree 20 feet out front of the house while you were about 700 feet from the dock heading in and it wasnt raining yet??? Happened to me about 3 yrs ago... My days are numbered!
                               Jeff/\...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic