NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet trim question?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet trim question?
    Posted: May-17-2013 at 9:53am
Hey guys, is there anyone out there that can explain to me how the carpet trim works. I am about to replace the carpet in the '77 I'm rebuilding and I see a lot of talk about the trim. One of the PO's had replaced my carpet and didn't use the trim so I have no reference on how it goes back in. Pictures and/or explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 10:18am
Allen, do you have a piece of the trim to see what youre dealing with?
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 10:27am
Tim I don't have a piece. I have not ordered it yet was trying to see what it entailed before I do.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 10:30am
It makes it a little more difficult to explain without you knowing what the cross section of the trim looks like. I could draw you a picture and explain it, but I dont have the time today... try searching the site (use google and restrict the domain to CCF- it works much better), as Im pretty sure Ive explained it in the past.
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 10:51am
Ill do that, thanks Tim
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 6:58pm
Scroll down to about the middle here or search for the word "carpet". Is this the trim you're talking about?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 7:17pm
Thanks for the link and pic. Yes I believe this is it.

I kinda of see now how it works. So i am guessing that the outboard side (the left side in the pic) will be raised from the floor with no carpet underneath? Do you try and fill this gap with glue? Also on the removal panel does that same lip hang over the seem?

1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2013 at 7:50pm
I don't know that you try to "fill the gap with glue"... I think it just kinda happens as long as you spread your glue all the way to the sidewall.

Yes it does hang over the seam on the removeable panel. Remember for that one you only need to do the left and right sides of that panel because the front is covered by the motor box and the rear is covered by the seat.

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 12:15am
It is used to hide the carpet cut along the edge.
Using the pic above The bottom is glued down the left side is pressed against the wall and the floor carpet is tucked in the groove on the right.
You can see the trim in this pic.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 6:48am
Allen,
When you go with the original turf type carpet, there is no trim at the hull sides. You aren't going original???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 11:53am
Gun driver correctly described the install of the trim. No glue in the lower left corner.

We used trim in our 79 despite it not being used until 80. I don't think it looks out of place. Getting a clean seam at the floor-wall joint can be pretty tricky without it.

HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 2:52pm
Sorry Pete, this boat is going to be far from original. I am trying to keep it looking as close as possible but I am changing it up a bit.

Thanks Gun Driver and Tim.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

I am changing it up a bit.

Is it "up" or "down"?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

I am changing it up a bit.

Is it "up" or "down"?

That's funny Pete, I guess that will be in the eye of the beholder????
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

james123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2013 at 7:09am
Economical periods are challenging for even the most careful spenders. Companies are reducing on everything from rewards to pay and most individuals are losing their tasks. There are periods when the finishes will just not fulfill, no issue how hard you might try to create them. The truth is that you can cut returning all you want, but it still may not be enough. Promoting gold is your way to not only pay, but keep you going for more time than you may have thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Diablo 3 gold | WOW Gold | Guild Wars 2 Gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic