Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb Rebuild Kit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Robatthelake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robatthelake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb Rebuild Kit
    Posted: May-26-2013 at 10:38pm
Hello . I have a 1989 Ski Nautique 2001 with PCM 351.

I would like to rebuild the Holley Carburetor ,but having trouble finding a Kit.It is the original Marine Carb .

The local Auto Parts places can't reference the numbers . The stampings on the throat are 6P6348B tag #E6JL JB

It appears to be a 600 CFM Holley so should use the same Gaskets as any other E6 Holley. I believe that the Floats which don't normally come with a rebuild may be at fault (Poor Starting when Cold)but won't know for sure till We tear it down. Naturally I don't want to start that until I have the rebuild kit in hand.

Does anyone have a Kit Make and Number?
cadunkle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadunkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2013 at 11:00pm
What is the Holley list number of the carb? Should be stamped on the front of the choke horn. Most likely any 4160 rebuild kit will have what you need in it, but check the list number to be sure.

Likely one of these... Holley 4160 Marine rebuild kits
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2013 at 11:50pm
This Place is highly recommended for the needle & seat design.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robatthelake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2013 at 5:27am
Thanks I will check that 4160 kit.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2013 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Robatthelake Robatthelake wrote:

The local Auto Parts places can't reference the numbers . The stampings on the throat are 6P6348B tag #E6JL JB

Was it Autozone?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 11:54am
Is "poor starting when cold" the only issue? Choke?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robatthelake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 12:21pm
It is often balky on restarts as well. I'm doing the whole "spring Tune Up" thing this Year.

New Plugs,Points and Wires. fuel Filter etc.

The Carb is dripping a wee bit of fuel which isn't very safe so figured I would have it rebuilt by a local chap who has a very good reputation .

We found the correct Kit for the Carb using that first Link. it is 703-29. Thanks Cadunkle!

Since this is the first time that I have had to do anything besides changing the Oil ,I figured that I would go all out and make it purr for another 15 Years!

Incidentally the Electric Choke appears to be working just fine.

A New Battery is already to be installed along with all the rest of the bits and pieces.

She has been a great Boat !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic