Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England CorrectCraftfan.com Reunion!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 22>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 12:41pm
Mike,

I'm happy to have finally met you and your family. Next time, we'll get out there earlier to avoid the yahoo's. Awesome lake! You need to teach me that 180 move on the top of the crest. We'll give it another go next weekend. Here's an idea, let's fill your ballast tank full of water and have about six people in your boat....yee haaa!

Larry,

Great time on Thursday night! My Dad is still blown away about your deep water barefoot start. You need to show me more when you get back. I might need to buy a new barefoot suit as mine seems to have shrunk . Thanks for letting me borrow the drop ski. I'm going to try it over the weekend. Have a great trip and we'll save you your tee-shirt and decal.

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 12:17pm
Hey all,
I just popped in to wish you all the best of times during your first get together... Weather sure is hot !! Hope all the tow rigs get you there effortlessly and you come back with some really great pics or at least a good hangover !!

Keith,
Boat's look'n great in the new pics !!! Call me when you get back and take lot's of pics to send me !!!

Also, if you get no takers on the pitot's you have, please let me know, I still need one !!

Have fun guys !!!

Moj'
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 12:14pm
Keith- I left you a message this morning, but based on your post about the buffing, I think I know the answer...
Let me know about the ski- I'll be home all day tomorrow.
Thanks for the bow light- it's the plastic cover that acts as a blinder to the rear of the light. Without the cover, light shines right in the driver's eyes at night...kinda dangerous

No comment on the 6 person ski??
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by 66Skylark 66Skylark wrote:

Hey Keith,

I just tried to register and got, "Page cannot be displayed"

Am I too late?

You need to make sure to select the reunion location. Do that and try again.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 11:51am
Brad,
I would love to ski tomorrow morning but it may be too difficult to schedule. I'll give you call.

My spare bow light is yours. I know the piece your taking about and my is fine.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 11:49am
Hey Keith,

I just tried to register and got, "Page cannot be displayed"

Am I too late?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 11:45am
Spent the weekend buffing, polishing and waxing the Silver. I have to say, it looks really good. I used the Aqua-Buff stuff that was mentioned in a post some time ago by nautique frk. I don't really have much to compare it to but this stuff worked great on a 3,000 rpm buffing wheel. Saved me from a lot of wetsanding.

I've updated my photos if anyone wants to see.

A few last min. details to work out but looking forward to this weekend. Should be a gerat time!
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 8:41am
Joe- I'm definitely interested in that Flite Pipe.

Keith- I'd like to look at that bow light you have- the plastic cover on mine is broken.

Just got the trailer back yesterday, all painted up. Will be putting the new carpet on tonight and getting the boat cleaned up this week. Keith- if you wanna come by for a ski, tomorrow morning may be the last day this week, since we're pullin her out for the reunion.
-Brad
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2006 at 7:57am
Roy- that is a great story! Thanks for sharing it here with us. I'm looking forward to meeting you this weekend. Keith and I have become good buds through our love for these boats and this site. My father, who taught me to ski before I could really swim, will be coming to the reunion too!

Hey Keith- Let's try a 5 person ski behind my Nautique this weekend- whatta ya think? oh, 6 you say, sure! bring your combo skis :)
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 10:05pm
Roy,

Great story...and you've got to be proud of Keith's little web site here. I too, had the pleasure of meeting Ken this past week on his home lake in Natick (the one with the little tunnel you can barely squeeze a boat through...no 210s with towers there). Fortunately we had pretty decent conditions (well, it was a thursday night) and we both got in some good runs.

Anyway, I was saying to Ken after looking at all the great pictures from Green Lake, that I wondered if Keith had any idea when he started this, that in just a couple of years CC owners from Massachusetts to California and many points in between would be converging on a small lake in Wisconson, sharing their tales of CC ownership. Quite a story.

I was supposed to make the Milton trip, but a family schedule conflict has arisen. You all have a great time...I'll be thinking of you.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 9:13pm
   That's too cool Roy.Great story.Looks like the extended forecast is perfect for next weekend.I may have to cut Sunday a little short as I was just informed of a birthday party Sunday afternoon I should attend,but I'll hit the water for a few hours in the am anyway.

Got the opportunity to finally meet Ken this weekend.Great guy,cool boat.Unfortunately he and his friends got to experience the jet ski/tubing/huge roller capital of Southern Maine...Sorry you guys had such crappy conditions,we'll have to get you back there after the kids go back to school and everyone else goes home.Oh well,It'll just make Milton that much better.Can't wait.

Mike
roybagley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roybagley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2006 at 6:59pm
It was August 1969. My wife and I had just returned from a 14,000 mile trip across America. We visited 34 states, six theme parks, and visited more than a dozen Federal parks and monuments.

But it was time to ski. My dads boat wasnt much so I took a ride to Rays Marine in NH to see if I could afford a used boat for skiing. We talked and Ray was willing to take my camping trailer (with 14,000 miles on it) in trade for a 1967 Correct Craft Skier. It had a car engine, a Buick V-6, a gas pedal, and an on the column shifter. I was psyched!!!

I was so excited we had it in the water in two hours and my wife took me skiing. At the time I jump started with one foot in the ski at water level and I stood in about a foot of water. I usually took three coils and yelled, Hit it. She did and when the rope was tight I was airborne. I mean I when up about ten feet and crashed down head first into the water. I suggested we try a deep water slower start and got up, and then let go because I had a concussion and almost passed out. I had to wait a week before I finally realized the great ride the boat was able to give. I was hooked. I traded it some years later for a 1974 Skier that had a modern: steering wheel on right, hand throttle, and the shift was part of the throttle mechanism.

By then my family was growing. My second son was born before I purchased my second Skier. My second son would not ski behind the Correct Craft and cried when we suggested it (The sound scared him). We taught him behind a 12 foot aluminum boat with a 6 hp Johnson. As time went on I sold the boat for a family boat safe for kids to walk around and one that Keith would ski behind.

Now my little boy has grown into a man and started a web site called Correctcraftfan.com. I found my third skier, a 1979 Ski Tique on Keiths Web site and today continue to enjoy the quality and pride of being a Correct Craft owner.

Keith invited me to the reunion in Wisconsin last month. Words are hard to find that can begin to express the joy and pride I felt to see and visit with such great people united by a young mans labor to share the enjoyment and experience of being a Correct Craft owner. We heard and told great stories that boat owners really can appreciate. Thanks for the memories.

Correctcraftfan.com is a generous gift to those of us who enjoy and work on our boats. Keith, You did good. As a member of Correctcraftfan.com I want to thank you for a great experience at the reunion and your continued service to Correct Craft owners and as your father I am PROUD.

I encourage any of you who can get to Rochester, NH August 5 -6 to join us for the 1st Annual New England Owners Reunion. If you are not an owner you will see first hand the pride these owners have for their boats.

Please visit: Correctcraftfan.com.

roybagley@yahoo.com
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2006 at 11:27am
The get ready week! Just wanted to wish all a great time!

I'm going to spend this winter figuring out how to turn the garage into a some sort of transport pod so I can attend future events that are too far to drive! I tried this once before but wound up in the middle of the salt flats in Utah...not a pretty site!

Have a ball and traval safely! Take bunches of pics!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2006 at 2:46pm
Spread the word!

Download the CorrectCraftFan.com New England Reunion Flyer, print and handout to every Correct Craft owner you see. Post them in local shops, boat ramps, gas stations, etc.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 11:42pm
    Hey guys,

Looks like I missed a bunch of conversation the last few days.I guess that's what I get for hiding at the lake with no computer.Nice to see everyone getting stoked about the reunion.I'm looking foward to meeting you all.

Ken,

I will be at the lake all weekend,I'll probably be out in my boat by the time you get there.I will look for you.I usually stay right in the lower lake while boarding if the traffic is minimal.You will be able to see me from the launch if I'm out.Did someone say frosty beverages??Right on!You can reach me on my cell 207-252-4530 Friday until 6:15-6:30,after that I'll be out of range.I'd be happy to show you around the lake,it's easy to navigate,most hazards are well marked.

JEFF,

What the heck is up with the dead guy they found floating by the beach yesterday.I heard they were looking at you and Glenn as suspects    See you on the water...

Mike
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 10:22pm
    Ken, I think I might be out earlier on the water as we are going to start work real early to try and beat the heat. I might make it there in the middle of the afternoon. Sunday is a work day also this week as we are finishing up a huge job and all of us are working 7 days.
    BTW, about 150 ft before the launch there is "Lake Side Sport and Marine" sign on the left you can use as reference as the launch sign is kinda blocked by trees and you might drive right by it.

Jeff...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2006 at 12:33pm
Thanks, Jeff. I'm not sure how long my family will want to stay on the lake. We might take another run on Sunday morning. Supposed to be a hot and steamy weekend. Hope to meet you before our reunion!

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 10:07pm
    Ken, take route 4 from Dover into Sanford, then take a left at the intersection of route 109, keep truckin straight down 109 (about 8-9 miles) until you see "Teds Fried Clams" on your right. The launch is 1/4 mile after on the left.
     I will be working Saturday, but will be back around 6. I dont know how long you will be around, but it doesnt get dark till 8:30!

Jeff....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 4:36pm
Is it near.... Lakeside Sport & Marine 143 Emery Mills Rd, Shapleigh, ME 04076-3906?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 4:29pm
Looks like it's off of Emery Mills Road, correct?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 4:27pm
Mike / Jeff,

How do I get to Mousam from Dover, NH? I'm looking for the ramp closest to you guys. Again, I'll be there Sat. AM around 9:00AM.

Thanks,

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 12:46pm
Scott,

Stoughton isn't that far away. I'd like to get as much skiiing and boarding done from now until October. I will keep an open invitation to anyone who wants to go. Scott, hope to hook up soon.

Ken
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 12:41pm
Hey Ken,
I'd love to try and get in on that! (But, definetly split the cost of gas.)
For years I used to get out once a week after work w/ a group of my buds, But that fell apart due to work locations. It was a great time! The past few years I think I've skied about once a year.
I work in Stoughton. Looks like Natick my be 1/2hr to 45 mins.?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 12:26pm
****Ski Partner or Driver Wanted****

Larry and I are going to start skiing together in the Natick, MA area after work. We're looking for a third or fourth person to come along. I will provide the boat and gas, I just need more people. Even if somebody drives and doesn't ski, that's fine too. Please let me know!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2006 at 11:14am
Tim,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm looking to add a little more spice to my engine without spending a lot of money. Even if I can squeeze another 5 - 10 HP, that would be great.

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 9:22pm
    Anyone have any jumpers they might want to unload???

Jeff....
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 6:26pm
Ken, I dont know of anyone who uses one personally, but the guys over at donzi.net dont seem to be overly impressed. They say the filter element is kinda flimsy, and dont see any performance gain either. Nice looking though!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 4:40pm
Has anyone ever tried replacing their stock flame arrestor with one of these K&N?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 4:28pm
I was running the mustang after I had replaced all the wood in the floor and stringers with foam cored composite construction and with little to no interior in it (front bench only) so I was figuring she was closer to 1300, and 2001 I am guessing is close to 2250 but I havent weighed either of them yet. As for the performer 351 intake I am definitely in the market. I was shooting for a reliable 250-260 out of that motor when I built it and I am happy with the performance and even the gas consumption so far, but I haven't really attempted to dial it in..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2006 at 4:26pm
For the swap meet, I'll be bringing an original carburetor of a '86, 351. Needs rebuild, but the price will be right! I also have a brand new set of spark plug wires that didn't fit my 1980, 351. I might swap those for an ice cream on Sunday.

Keith, great idea posting the inventory for our swap meet. I bet some of this stuff will be sold before we even get there!

Again, I'm looking for a cheap wooden or whatever drop ski for barefooting. It can be 80 years old for all I care. As long as it has one decent binding, the rear one can be in OK shape.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 22>
  Share Topic