Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England CorrectCraftfan.com Reunion!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 22>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New England CorrectCraftfan.com Reunion!!
    Posted: February-10-2006 at 10:18am
Hey All,

This idea of getting together in the North East is snowballing - thanks Larry. We've got Keith's interest and Craig Warner, owner of NECC interest. Craig's done it in the past.

We've got some great ideas that should be voted on. I'm going to speak to Craig soon and get his input on how he can help. Anyway, some ideas are:

1. One day outing on a lake of choice
2. One day "contest" on land, awards etc.
3. One day on land, next day lake outing.
4. Incorporate a "charity event" with NECC
5. #3 and #4 combined

Really we have a great opportunity to have a great time, give back to the community, put Correct Craft Fan on the map and Craig might sell a boat or two. Win win situation that involves planning and commitments now. July ideally is the nicest month, maybe second week. I've got some great locations in mind that I'll post. Who in our community is more than interested in the event? Please start posting and I'll be in touch with Keith.

Thanks,

Ken
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 7:46pm
    Definately interested and the dates sound good. The one day event I could most likely swing. I am about 1/2hr north of NECC. Sounds like it will be a blast!!
                            Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 8:06pm
Jeff: Are you sitting by the phone? Call if ya still have my number; lost yours.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 9:46pm
If you can keep it fairly close to the Mass Turn pike I could get up there for a weekend event this summer... still trying to talk myself into going to Green Lake but its a long drive from NY and most likely going to be way too nice of days to be driving a car and not a cc, here in NY we can't be wasting anything that even resembles a summer day...
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
862001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 862001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 8:32am
I always wanted to go to one of these things, sounds like a great time.
Count me in.
John,Fremont,NH
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 9:19am
Thanks for the replies thus far. I need more people to commit before we present this to NECC. Again, we've got many options here. Some people can make it a one day trip, some people can stay overnight. I will be a great time and something to look forward to.

Thanks,

Ken
Luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 12:21pm
You guys mind if a youngin joins in?
74 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 2:01pm
I would definitely be interested- a day event sounds like a lot of fun!
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 5:18pm
My suggestion would be do a one day dry land event. Starting off simple will get this rally off the ground and then we can move to other things.

From past experince with in water events, just launching and cordinating the water part of the event will take up a big part of your day and not leave much time for other activities.

Just my .02 worth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 7:48pm
Who is NECC??
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 8:24pm
I would really prefer an in the water event. That's where these boats really shine. It would be frustrating seeing them sit on trailers. I don't expect a huge crowd, so logistically it shouldn't be too bad. Although I do concur with keeping it simple, and maybe on one-dayer would be the way to go. Early start, some skiing for those who so desire, then cookout and admire each others boats. Key ingredients: a ramp and a beach. Ken, any luck in finding that combination? Just some of my thoughts.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 8:32pm
I agree W/75tique! A in the water beach fest of some sort. I want to hear the boats running!!!             
                  Jeff....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 7:29am
NECC I imagine is Craig from New England Correct Craft in Rochester, NH.

I would like to get our hulls wet too. Get some skiing, cruising etc. I'd like to see some of the older classic Nautiques run.

OK, so I will get to work on a nice beach to BBQ on and lake that will support all our boats at once. I will e-mail some links of possible locations, then we'll vote on it.

I'll still work on incorporating New England Correct Craft. They're an outstanding company that has a great sales/service team. Best place to bring your Nautique for service!!!

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 8:06am
I agree with the in the water crowd, I have no plans on making my boat pretty until next winter and wouldn't really be excited about about pulling her out of the water and traveling somewhere for a show type event where the boat wouldn't even get wet. IMHO you have just got to hear the rumble to really appreciate these boats.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 8:33am
We'll make it happen. Again, I'm trying to find a great lake, launch and beach in the middle of all of us.

Do you think a crowd of CC boats will attract some attention? It will sound like Daytona on the lake!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 9:31am
Hey Guys,
I just added the Green Lake Reunion registration pages. I will add the NE Reunion once we have more information. Please note the dates of the Green Lake Reunion are 7/14-16. We need to pick a different weekend.

The guys who did all the work for the Green Lake reunion started with the lake than made sure to get the proper permit for the venue, contacted area lodging, and then hit up sponsors, including the nearest CC dealer.

T-shirts and CorrectCraftFan.com decals will be covered. Someone needs to track down a good location and then we can build up events, sponsors, etc.

Please let me know how else I can help.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 9:42am
Just for another piece of input, I contacted the guy I bought my boat from. He is very active in boating and is in Wolfeboro (Lake wentworth and winnipesaukee) area. Just thought I'd see if he had any venue ideas. Maybe I'll hear back from him.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 10:20am
Lake Winnipesaukee is very ideal because of the size, beaches, resources, clean water, beauty etc, etc. It's too far for a one day trip for some. It's no problem for me because I boat in S. NH sometimes. NH has a lot of lakes, but distance is a factor. Are people willing to spend money for a motel/hotel for the night? This is another reason why I need to know who's serious about this reunion and how far are people willing to travel. I'm very dedicated to boating, so I'm not concerned about travel.

I hope to get some more feedback. NH is a great place for boating. Mashpee / Wakeby at Cape Cod is extremely nice, but distance/traffic?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 10:53am
Luke,

No problem, join right in.

I e-mailed Craig at Correct Craft to get some ideas. We have an opportunity to grow in attendance if he formally invites his Correct Craft customers.

Ken
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 2:38pm
The in water event is a nice idea and sounds good but finding a lake with a nice ramp and big enough beach with enough accomadations that is going to make everyone happy with the travel distance is going to be tough. Also you might have to get state permits and licenses to put on such an event depending on were you have it and how big it is.

Any suggestions?

CC does all of their Reunions as a dry land event because of the lake, ramp, beach, and having accomadations that can handle the crowd.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 6:16am
Keith,

We should talk about this. Maybe we have a couple of events. Obviously, we'd like everyones input to have the best time possible.

Here's my suggestion:

We have a very informal, fun gathering at a lake central to everyone. Again, this requires knowing where everyone is driving from. Day out on the lake, beach, food etc.

The second event we can team up with the folks at New England Correct Craft in Rochester, NH. This will be a land event where fellow members, Correct Craft customers and locals can walk around and look at our boats. Keith and I can work on getting some ski equipment vendors. We can have a BBQ and some other events.

Two events in one summer would be something to look forward to. I'll e-mail some lakes and locations that I know of for our day out on the lake. The second event would be in Rochester, New Hampshire.

Ken
mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 7:09am
Count me in. Worcester, MA.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 7:32am
Lake # 1

Milton, NH

Launch, beach, grilling
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 7:36am
Lake # 2

Wallum Lake, Douglas, MA - Southern MA

Not many details to provide....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 7:40am
Lake # 3

Lake Cochituate, Natick, MA

Beach, facilities, BBQ on beach, ski beach, food / beverages on beach, ski club, slalom courses, access to ski beach via Rt 135, State Park boat launch, three larges lakes connected as one.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 7:45am
Lake #4

http://www.websterlakeassociation.com/MPPics/MPPhotos.htm

Webster Lake, Webster, MA, Southern, MA
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 8:28am
Ken,

Appreciate the effort you are putting into this. I know Cochituate is your home lake, so we have the advantage of you knowing it and all it offers. Sounds like it might have all we want (beach we can pull up on, ramp, course) As close as it is to Boston and the fact that it is pretty much in downtown Natick, does it get overwhelmingly crowded on weekends? I like the idea that it is central, even though it isnt one of the big beautiful NH lakes. Might get more folks from western MA and I'm sure Jeff would be willing to make the trip down. It may fill our needs quite well.
It would be nice if we could work in some of what NECC is talking about at a site like this. I know he is leaning toward a bigger, more organized, more formal, out of water event, and understand his thinking, but as a few have expressed, there is an interest in being out on the water. One event would be nice, but if it takes two...

Just some of my opinions. Let's hear what others think.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 8:46am
Larry,

Thanks for your feedback. Natick is central to most everyone. It's two minutes from the Mass. Turnpike. This lake has much to offer. Sometimes, the Natick Army Labs makes a one-time exception for the Ski Club to launch at their facility. The advantage of this is, the ramp is nicer and we wouldn't have to drive through a very small tunnel to get to the ski lake. Only one of the three lakes can be used for skiing.

Again, the out of water event would be separate. Great opportunity to meet more Correct Craft owners. We'll see what the rest of the folks think. Nothing wrong with getting together twice!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 9:13am
mgewed,

We're practically neighbors. I live and work in Upton. Love your new boat. Where are you boating this year?

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2006 at 9:38am
Perhaps a larger out of the water event NECC coordinated on a saturday, with an optional more correctcraftfan.com based in the water event on the next day. Don't need to be exactly in the same area, although an hour or so away would be nice. I would be traveling 5-6 hours to get there and I wouldn't mind seeing a dry land show I just wouldn't make a special trip for it, however combine that with the opportunity to get together after the dryland event for a few beverages and the chance to get wet the next day and it would be a heck of a reason. Again the second day could be more of a word of mouth less organized take care of yourself type of situation to take a little of the planning burden off. Just my 2 cents.
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 22>
  Share Topic