NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Daytona Speed Week and CCs in FLA

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daytona Speed Week and CCs in FLA
    Posted: February-11-2006 at 8:20am
It's that time of year again and we're headed to Daytona next week and towing 2 CCs for a little racing and boating action. We'll be in and around Astor and the St.Johns River area with a 63 Classic and a 70 Mustang, and meeting up with fellow member and local Floridian Rick Robinson and his 67 Al Tyll. If Jbear John and anyone else could meet up with us it'd be great or since we've never boated in your area there John we could tow them on down for a day there as well. We'll be down Tues PM, 2/14, boating on Weds, at the track Thurs for twin 125s, back on the water Fri-Sat, then at the track for the 500 on Sun. Accommodations in the area of Astor are very reasonable, so if you're like Stang and 81Nautique, who obviously need some time in the sun as Jbear suggested in the "Pondering.." thread, cruise or jet on down and join us. We'll have plenty of boat room. I can be reached anytime at 704-451-5080.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 9:17am
Reid; I remember reading your posts last year but I was to bashful to answer. I did have a chance meeting with you at the Reunion at Sea World. SO.....here it is a whole year later and its race time again. I work during the week (drive school bus-cool retirement job-summers off) so it will have to be Saturday. We live very near the Chain-of-Lakes in Winter Haven. They are fun to cruise and you can catch a ski show at Cypress Gardens from the water. Great wide ramp and parking with a cool waterfront resturant. Me and Mrs.jbear host a little get-together there. Or if that is to far (2.5 hours from Daytona) we could come up that way with the '80 to meet up. Just gotta get some directions.

BTW, 79Nautique might stop here friday on his way by from Tampa. So he'll be around also. Can't wait to meet him.

If you want to e-mail me Reid, I'll send ya back my cell and home numbers.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 10:06am
ReidP...do you have some pics of the classic?
You all have fun...I will be in Fla in early Apr...no sunshine here for a while..in fact it's snowing...I will be mighty diggy by April.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 1:34pm
Sounds really cool......Sorry I can't make it this year. Have fun in sunny Florida. Reid, as you know, I went to school not far from there, so I think next year I can plan a trip to school, Daytona 500 and CC fun.

-John
tonydjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonydjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 1:40pm
Hey there Jbear I live on Lake Ariana in Auburndale were are you located.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 2:13pm
Reidp, Your killing me man, I haven't been to Daytona for the 500 since 1995. Thanks for the invite though. We do get to Talladega and Chicago every year though. I'm getting ready to sit down and watch the Shootout tonight. You guys have a great time down their. Go Junior.

Reid are you seriously thinking about Green lake this summer? It's gonna be a good time.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2006 at 3:07pm
81: Everyone should be thinking of Green Lake. Even tho BKH seems to have the farthest wrapped up.

Tony; I am close by, over in Lake Wales. Lets get together some time. Cell 863-604-3237; home 863-679-6730

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2006 at 6:56am
81Nautique: Alan, if BKH can make it, you bet your bottom dollar I'll hop a plan too. Plus my country bumpkin(sp) butt has never been to Wisc., so I'm motivated. Unfortunately then, I couldn't tow a boat as the drive was something crazy like 1500 miles for me I believe. We do the 550 mile trips to FLA and OH with no problem.
Stang, I sent you an email regarding Classic picts.
JMurph, It's tradition to take your new CCs maiden voyage wearing a thong while standing on the front deck, and then post it on The Site. Sort of a hazing thing, I guess. I'll even take your picture.
Jbear, thanks for the call yesterday, and I look forward to hooking up next Saturday AM.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 7:34am
Reidp,
Hey,.... I wish i could make it out!!! The last time i made it out to daytona was 2001 with the Bike. Man O Man what a fun time we had!!!! Hey reidp I also want some pics. of that 63 of yours!! And if you ever want to sell that Trailer that your 63 sets on just let me know. Stang still hasn't sent me any Pics. of his 63(Hint Hint Stang)Have fun at daytona!!!

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 8:14am
Paul,Thanks. I'm more excited about this boat than I've been with any other I can recall. It's about a 7 out of 10 right now, but is all there and original, EXCEPT for the neat 390 Interceptor engine. I wasn't sure at first, as the engine IS a 1963 model like the boat, but like everyone else I'd never seen any literature showing an engine bigger than a 312. I traced back thru 3 owners and found that the original owner, who owned a marina, had it installed right after the boat was purchased, in place of a 312. Anyway, it's quick not yet the rocket I hoped it would be. I've not had the time also, just 2-3 hours, to run and tune it. I'me hoping to relax down in Daytona and tinker with it there. It starts and runs fine, but just feels more like 250 HP than 300. Oh, and the huge full width trim tab across the transom(???) doesn't help the speed either, but it sure plans fast and certainly won't porpoise. Send me your email and I'll send you some picts, pronto. You can hit me at reidp@bellsouth.net. GO MARK MARTIN ! !
ReidP
1973 Mustang

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 10:51am
Do they still have the slalom course in the infield lake at Daytona?
Life is Good.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 11:01am
Wally was cruising a big tunnel hull in it yesterday morning,
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 11:29am
ReidP...It would be way cool to see ya in Wi...beautifull state if you can get past the Packer fans!Maybe I can talk the boys into letting you comandeer(spelling???) the classic...if we find a third towing vihicle maybe the 72 stang will come(boys can drive it)Never received your email...please try again
lisaandgary@insightbb.com
Yeah ...paul I am late with pics...been lazy...did get the engine back in though!

79...are you in the sunshine!if so , your missin all the new cool air thats moved into the Midwest...as you warm your bones ,think of us as we shiver!
stang

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 1:17pm
I leave Wednesday night for a weeks stay at home. Then Head out first thing in the morning for the track, gotta call John and get things linded up for Friday still and it might be a good idea to tell my girl about it too, she's worried about quality time with her as well.
bwooton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwooton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 1:36pm
i envy you guys!!!!
Racing and boating. what a life!!!!
Thanks Bobby

there's no replacement for displacement
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 1:52pm
Oh yeah gotta inform the female!Enjoy the trip and give jbear our best!
stang

The Super Air

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2006 at 2:31pm
Stang,

This might be a lot of work for ya but I'll be bringing two tow vehicles and only one boat. I tow the boat with the motorhome and my son will follow us in the jeep so he could tow your third boat. We like to have a vehicle to drive around and launch the boat instead of using the motorhome.

You could drop the boat off at my house anytime before the reunion and pick it up anytime after. Just leave the keys and tank of gas We'll get it up there and bring it home for you. Might be a lot of work for you but if you want it up there it would work.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic